Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
It played fine last night but I just started back up at the introduction of the castle and the game keeps giving me "

Error 0x801901F7

"

This is on gamepass PC version. Windows 11.

Has anyone else encountered this error?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
It played fine last night but I just started back up at the introduction of the castle and the game keeps giving me "

Error 0x801901F7

"

This is on gamepass PC version. Windows 11.

Has anyone else encountered this error?
Lots of people are getting errors on the GP PC version. I've gotten multiple during the intro area

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Haven't played Persona game before so I'm excited to try out and see what all hype is about :)

Off-topic: Back when Sega announced this with 4 and Portable, it said Persona 4 will be released on PC too (plus current gen consoles) but Persona 4 Golden is already available on Steam. https://www.polygon.com/23396858/persona-3-4-switch-xbox-pc-ps5-release-date So I'm confused. Is it gonna be Persona 4 Royal or something else?
No it's just Persona 4 Golden. It was already out

Ryu bogard

Nov 23, 2017
anyone know how to change the language to English? I am on xbox gamepass all the words are in Chinese and voice is in Japanese.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Holy shit my framerate just completely collapses in Shibuya Station Square around the Puchiko statue. GG. Whenever the game spawns like a bajillion of the outline NPCs its kinda rough.

Otherwise seems like a solid port. Not a ton of graphical options etc. but more than I was expecting.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm taking a chance on this. It's a highly regarded game in a genre I do enjoy, so why not?

I have a question that's probably going to end up with a lot of spoiler tagged answers, but since it will be some hours before I have time to dig in, I'll ask anyway:

What do you wish you had known when you played the game for the first time?

I'm not just talking ending requirements, I'm talking silly newbie mistakes to avoid, or small things to do to get a little edge in the game.

I maxed out all confidants on my first playthrough without any sort of guide, but I had general knowledge from previous persona games, so here's some useful tips for any persona game:
-Have a persona of the same arcana as the person you are talking to and you get more points
-When you talk to a confidant and it asks if you want to hang out, there will be an extra line which is like "you think you will get closer to them" or something like that which means you're going to rank up
-99% of the time, ranking up a confidant is the most valuable action you can take on any given day
-As you progress through the game you usually unlock ways to get points towards a confidant by doing things other than hanging out with them.

Ryu bogard

Nov 23, 2017
It is really stupid you cannot select the game language in-game. And only the Chinese version is available in my region (Singapore). I had to re-download from the US store for the English version.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Welp…
I officially don't like that the start button can skip ahead in some situations.

I was trying to hit start to maybe save my progress.

NOPE!

It fast forwarded like 700 lines of dialogue and my last save was from an hour earlier.

Hope there wasn't any useful or critical info in that long conversation I skipped.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I maxed out all confidants on my first playthrough without any sort of guide, but I had general knowledge from previous persona games, so here's some useful tips for any persona game:
-Have a persona of the same arcana as the person you are talking to and you get more points
-When you talk to a confidant and it asks if you want to hang out, there will be an extra line which is like "you think you will get closer to them" or something like that which means you're going to rank up
-99% of the time, ranking up a confidant is the most valuable action you can take on any given day
-As you progress through the game you usually unlock ways to get points towards a confidant by doing things other than hanging out with them.
To add to this: Some confidants have weird schedules and it's a good idea to make a mental note of that. Like when the Sun confidant hits you up, you say yes every time.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Game Pass installs games to an accessible folder you should just be able to use compatibility settings on the exe to stop it from taking into account the DPI scaling of windows. Just right click the exe, compatibility and theres a change High DPI button.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Welp…
I officially don't like that the start button can skip ahead in some situations.

NOPE!

It fast forwarded like 700 lines of dialogue and my last save was from an hour earlier.

Hope there wasn't any useful or critical info in that long conversation I skipped.
Wild that there's no confirmation box if you actually want to skip dialogue lol.

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
Now that Game Pass installs games to an accessible folder you should just be able to use compatibility settings on the exe to stop it from taking into account the DPI scaling of windows. Just right click the exe, compatibility and theres a change High DPI button.

Doesn't work for me for some reason which is weird since it usually always works.
I have heard some people supposedly had success by ticking "Program DPI" in addition to "Override high DPI scaling" but that didn't work for me and i tried every combination of it in the compatibility settings of the exe and launcher.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game pass (and Steam?) PC version has some weird DPI scaling issues, i usually use 125% in windows because my eyesight is pretty bad and the game runs at a lower display resolution no matter what resolution i try.

The usual DPI settings in the compatibility properties of the exe don't help at all for some reason but i was able to fix it with Special K so if anyone here has this issue use that.

Start the game with it and open the overlay make sure override resolution and ignore DPI scaling is checked (it should do that automatically) that should make it use the correct display resolution:

Kby5vTc.png
because NO ONE expects people with 4K monitors to use DPI scaling!

What a joke.

This isn't something it would cost any substantial amount of money for a port developer to fix.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't work for me for some reason, i have heard some people supposedly had success by ticking "Program DPI" in addition to "Override high DPI scaling" but that didn't work for me and i tried every combination of it in the compatibility settings of the exe and launcher.
Weird, I haven't tested this game but I've always had success with those settings on my Laptop which has scaling on. It's definitely not the first game that doesn't play nice with DPI settings.

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
Weird, I haven't tested this game but I've always had success with those settings on my Laptop which has scaling on. It's definitely not the first game that doesn't play nice with DPI settings.

Yeah there is something really weird going on with how this game renders if Display Scaling is enabled, it is so broken that the windows compatibility settings don't help at all.

Last edited:

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Is there enough new here for someone who played and beat the original version?

Yes. But more in line with. P4 to P4G in terms of newness.

Quality of life improvements
Slight changes to dungeons
Slight changes in some cutscenes

The main addition is mostly the new characters and arc that kinda serves as an extended story for the original.

Personally I find it very fun to spot what the new stuff and differences with the original are. Its not massive in a sense but it makes it feel definitive.

Z'ard

"This guy are sick"
Mar 5, 2019
Ukraine

The main addition is mostly the new characters and arc that kinda serves as an extended story for the original.

Personally I find it very fun to spot what the new stuff and differences with the original are. Its not massive in a sense but it makes it feel definitive.
Don't forget massive combat rebalancing.

Solidamus

Jun 6, 2020
Finland
Yeah there is something really weird going on with how this game renders if Display Scaling is enabled, it is so broken that the windows compatibility settings don't help at all.
I posted a possible trick for this earlier in the thread but try starting the game through it's own executable instead of the Xbox-app. This fixed the DPI override setting for me.

The Xbox-app does something funky to the games launch process.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017

Thank you. So it sounds like it's worth it but maybe not a full price. I can wait for a sale.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
How is the audio quality on PC (Steam version)? Better or worse than the PS4 version with regards to compression?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason I fricking hate PCGP. Actually, there's a lot of reasons.

I've got a lot on my gaming plate right now, so I think I'll just hold off on P5R. NEO TWEWY has me in it's grips real good.

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
The blacks seem absolutely crushed here. Increasing the brightness doesn't reach the shaded tones, just increases the visible shit.

On an LG CX OLED & PC.

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
I posted a possible trick for this earlier in the thread but try starting the game through it's own executable instead of the Xbox-app. This fixed the DPI override setting for me.

The Xbox-app does something funky to the games launch process.

Tried that and doesn't work either but i'm fine with special k it fixes it and i would be using it for the frame limiter anyway.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Feels truly unbelievable to see this game on my Series X. Seeing it at 60fps and on my C9 too ... *chef's kiss*. Time for my third playthrough lol.

Korosenai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Welp…

NOPE!

I hit start to unpause because i hit start to pause but apparently that just skips so i also skipped multiple cutscenes.

wamoss

Aug 11, 2022
Welp…

NOPE!

You can click in the right stick to view a log of text. Very helpful for cases like that

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Welp…

NOPE!

I did this too. Hit L3 to see (and hear) a replay of those messages.

tobyish

Oct 26, 2017
So, no HDR in general and no Auto HDR on XSX?

Any word on Dualsense features?
(trying to decide which console version to go for)