• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
but Era told me it was not coming! some said the Switch couldn't handle souped up PS3 game.... I feel cheated..

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Time to decide if I should play these on Xbox or Switch now lol. Any expectations on performance issues on Switch?

I would be surprised if PS3, PS Vita and PSP Games are going to have performance issues on the switch, but I've seen stranger in the past.

They are coming to Xbox Game Pass so if you have Game Pass take that into mind as well.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Always funny to me that people thought this wouldn't happen after like 20 leaks.

It always made sense.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
So dumb they made Switch owners wait 2 weeks after these were announced just so Nintendo could announce it at their own Direct.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why did it take five years for Persona 5 to come to the Switch? Someone explain that one to me.

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
Atlus done goofed. You're supposed to release it everywhere else first, then Switch later so people double / triple / quad dip.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
I am so happy it's finally on switch!

I'll buy it again just for the ease of play portability offers.

Is P5R physical?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
That's not really a huge IP in ATLUS stable tho. Persona has been on Switch with Strikers, with a character in Smash. It was obvious it was coming.

Also Nintendo still has SMT exclusive, so they're not starving for ATLUS attention. Like honestly, Soul Hackers is nothing. No offense to its fans lol.
the version of the original Soul Hackers that the vast majority of people have played was exclusive to 3DS lol. it's weird Soul Hackers 2 isn't on Switch.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Great news, finally time to undust my Switch after almost 2 years for P3 (already finished both P4G and P5R a couple of weeks ago).

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
YESSSSSSSS

One of my absolute favorite games of all time, on my favorite Nintendo system of all time ❤️

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I actually got so fed up waiting for the mythical P5R Switch port that I ended up buying the game on PS4 last year and streaming it to my modded Switch via remote play. The 720p streaming on my 2013 PS4 was a perfect match for the Switch's 720p screen so it looked and played great.

Can confirm that P5R is a million times better when you can play it lying in bed for 120 hours.

That's not really a huge IP in ATLUS stable tho. Persona has been on Switch with Strikers, with a character in Smash. It was obvious it was coming.

Also Nintendo still has SMT exclusive, so they're not starving for ATLUS attention. Like honestly, Soul Hackers is nothing. No offense to its fans lol.
yeah but it being on XBOX but not switch is weird as shit

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I have heard so much praise for P4 but never had a way to play. Barring performance issues I'll be picking it up

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
May get P3P on Switch instead of through gamepass because... you know, it's portable.

Insulting how P3 was disrespected in that trailer. They had Morgana and Teddie but where was Koromaru?

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Okay but what if the Persona fandom collectively agrees that it's time to start asking for ports of P3 FES and vanilla P4/P5 on Switch? The port begging doesn't need to be over!

I'm only half joking.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I have heard so much praise for P4 but never had a way to play. Barring performance issues I'll be picking it up
Unless there's a huge port fuckup, it will run well. The game is barely graphically sophisticated or taxing on the Vita and PS2 before it.

ATLUS ain't SE, they don't have budget or staff for these graphical intensive games. That said they have great artists.

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
I'm assuming it's ok to start with any of these if you're new to Persona? Which is considered better between 3 and 4?
I don't think any of the three games are better than the others, they're all good at different things. I would recommend playing them in reverse order though: 5->4->3. 5 gets into the proper content a lot (and I mean a lot) quicker than either 3 or 4. My brother dropped off 4 a couple of hours in because it was too slow, but was fine with it after getting into the series with 5 a few years later. When I played 3 I can remember getting about 30-40 hours in and then being like "oh the real plot is starting now". Not that that's a bad thing, I really do love 3's story, but if I wasn't already really into the series I could've seen myself dropping it.

5 is also a lot more newcomer friendly than the other games. It explains the mechanics a lot more clearly, and has more hints throughout at the mechanics. By the time you get to 4 and 3 you'll get what you should be doing, so you'll be able to do them no problems without some of the frustrations I imagine you'd have starting with them. For example, 3 (at least FES, not sure about Portable) only shows the names of equipped attacks, not what they do, when switching personas. If you haven't learnt them from the other games (or from another SMT game really) then this would be frustrating.