Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
Atlus have unsurprisingly made every possible decision to justify someone with the ps4 version not getting the ps5 version

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Thought this was a given considering they won't let you get the PS5 upgrade with the PS4 version.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sega is so bad at PS5 updates. They pulled the same shit with the Yakuza 7 PS5 upgrade. Why even bother with it for a game like this?

demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
No free upgrade either, right? I already bought the game twice without playing it. Not gonna buy it a third time.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Atlus have unsurprisingly made every possible decision to justify someone with the ps4 version not getting the ps5 version
I mean honestly its probally good, there's no way in hell im replaying that game again. I already plat it etc. any excuse not to buy it is welcome lol.

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
they allowed ps3 save transfer to ps4 version, so it's kinda baffling why you can't do the same this time.

Oct 27, 2017
That is some bullshit. Game is way too long and bloated to not let them transfer. Altus and sega should put in the work to make it possible

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
What possible benefit would anyone have for buying the PS5 version? It's basically only useful for first time PS buyers at this point.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
They're purposefully blocking it then, because Sony fixed the issue on their end a long time ago at this point.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
So no free upgrade, ok is there a discount?
even rockstar games gave people a discount to upgrade.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Annndddddd pass. Not going to vacate my 20hr play through and start all over. Really, really poor decision.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im fine with no upgrade or whatever, but the save thing is ridiculous. I'm not doing another clean 108 hour playthrough.

Z'ard

"This guy are sick"
Mar 5, 2019
Ukraine
i honestly might have buy ps5 version for ng+ if they allowed save transfer, but this is not happening i guess

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They're purposefully blocking it then, because Sony fixed the issue on their end a long time ago at this point.
The issue that Sony fixed was (iirc) that you had to have previous-gen version of a game installed in order to import its save data to the PS5 version.

That issue has been fixed/improved, since PS5 games can now pull such saves directly from the cloud - but that issue is also irrelevant if, like in this case here, the developer doesn't implement the option to import old save data in the first place.

It's baffling though for sure.

TLDR - Atlus isn't blocking anything, they're just... not enabling it. Which fwiw is just as goofy

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Nice way for Atlus to reward the audience that made this franchise successful in the first place.
Just how much contempt a publisher can have for their customers?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
We knew about this awhile back but sucks it's still the case. I might've been tempted to get a free platinum if there was at minimum a save transfer lol.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
Does anyone know if they've confirmed 60FPS 1080p (at least) for the PS5 version?

I almost want to say I hope not, just because of how hilariously incompetent it would be.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
It's really wild how Sega/Atlus rip offs the platform with the biggest fanbase for their franchises (Yakuza/Persona) since the launch of the new generation. Like a Dragon, Judgment and now Persona 5...

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
They still don't offer the DLC for free on PS4. So Atlus wants you to pucker up and either buy the DLC or $60 upgrade.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Will this include DLCs?

I havent done my ng+ run on royal with some of the dlcs I bought.

I am guessing its not included and I have to rebuy everything again?

I don't mind restarting as Royal is already super easy with the schedule and its not a situation where you would really need to carry over the social stats.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
Nice way for Atlus to reward the audience that made this franchise successful in the first place.
Just how much contempt a publisher can have for their customers?

You an oldschool SMT fan too? lol

ATLUS has done everything to us, short of literally telling us to go fuck ourselves, at this point. Between giving SMTV a director whose prior accomplishments within the company was as a side lyrics writer, to giving it the same scenario writer as Tokyo fucking Mirage Sessions, to a half-baked Soul Hackers 2 that looks and feels absolutely nothing like either a Devil Summoner game or a sequel to Soul Hackers (despite what some people were saying prior to its release), to it being so poorly handled and terribly marketed in general, it really is extremely apparent that they've now all but completely shifted their focus onto Persona 5 and all of its billions of spin-offs and merchandise.

I do feel it's unironically contempt for the fans at this point.

Keep in mind this company took Persona 5, handed it to writers who were not at all involved with it, told them to "write some more shit on top of it", developed it at the same time as a sequel for the original therefore making it by default non-canon even before it's out lmao, and then had the audacity to market it as the game's "definitive edition", lauching it with its own price's worth in DLC, day one.

Also keep in mind BOTH SMTV and Soul Hackers 2 launched with story locked behind DLC purchase. Both of them.

And people complain about Square-Enix, aigooooo lmao

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018

ATLUS has done everything to us, short of literally telling us to go fuck ourselves, at this point. Between giving SMTV a director whose prior accomplishments within the company was as a side lyrics writer, to giving it the same scenario writer as Tokyo fucking Mirage Sessions, to a half-baked Soul Hackers 2 that looks and feels absolutely nothing like either a Devil Summoner game or a sequel to Soul Hackers (despite what some people were saying prior to its release) being so poorly handled in general, it really is extremely apparent that they've now all but completely shifted their focus onto Persona 5 and all of its billions of spin-offs and merchandise.

Keep in mind this company took Persona 5, handed it to writers who were not at all involved with it, told them to "write some more shit on top of it", developed it at the same time as a sequel for the original, making it by default non-canon, and then had the audacity to market it as the game's "definitive edition", lauching it with its own price's worth in DLC, day one.

I'm an oldschool SMT fan and this is one of the most embarrassing posts I've ever read. Shit like this is why the Megaten fanbase has such an awful reputation. Complain about individual game quality all you want (SMT5's story sucked and I don't have much positive to say about TMS at all) but acting like the company holds a grudge against you personally is frankly pathetic.

PS I also love how you discredit Shigeo Komori as being a "side lyrics writer" when the dude has more than a decade's worth of directing credits. But they're not on games you care about so I guess they don't count.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017

ATLUS has done everything to us, short of literally telling us to go fuck ourselves, at this point. Between giving SMTV a director whose prior accomplishments within the company was as a side lyrics writer, to giving it the same scenario writer as Tokyo fucking Mirage Sessions, to a half-baked Soul Hackers 2 that looks and feels absolutely nothing like either a Devil Summoner game or a sequel to Soul Hackers (despite what some people were saying prior to its release), to it being so poorly handled and terribly marketed in general, it really is extremely apparent that they've now all but completely shifted their focus onto Persona 5 and all of its billions of spin-offs and merchandise.

Keep in mind this company took Persona 5, handed it to writers who were not at all involved with it, told them to "write some more shit on top of it", developed it at the same time as a sequel for the original therefore making it by default non-canon even before it's out lmao, and then had the audacity to market it as the game's "definitive edition", lauching it with its own price's worth in DLC, day one.

Also keep in mind BOTH SMTV and Soul Hackers 2 launched with story locked behind DLC purchase. Both of them.

Do people feel embarrassment writing things like this, or

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
This is an incredibly stupid idea. Most RPG fans on PS4 probably already have played P5, good luck getting a majority of them to buy it again.

I'll catch it on sale eventually, and even then, wouldn't be in a major rush to replay it cause my saves don't transfer

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
You know what? I'm SICK of Persona 5.

This doesn't need a PS5 Port. Just make the PS4 version 60fps and you are done.

I'm SICK of Atlus making us start this game over and over again

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the Xbox versions have cross save? I move between a One and Series X and occasionally game pass/PC

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
This is the same shit with Judgment PS5 update iirc.

Now that you mention it the way they handled Judgment is probably what left a sour enough taste in my mouth that I didn't even bother picking up Lost Judgment. Not fair to the devs or even to myself, really, but I guess that's what happens when publishers make decisions that seem overtly greedy.

El Crono

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Still stupid how Sony didn't architect the PS5 around save compatibility (among other things). I'm glad I didn't start playing P5R on PS4.

Spazgadget

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. This is disappointing.

It's one thing for Atlus to "pull a Pokemon" and release the same game later with slightly shifted content, knowing fans will buy it (a practice I find really shady to begin with) but doing it a second time, charging full price, and not letting you maintain your game save is really beyond the pale here. I love this series to the moon and back but please stop being a dick to your fans. Please?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For a turn based game, I'm completely fine with 1080/30. Sucks, but oh well, I'll deal.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
I'm an oldschool SMT fan and this is one of the most embarrassing posts I've ever read. Shit like this is why the Megaten fanbase has such an awful reputation. Complain about individual game quality all you want (SMT5's story sucked and I don't have much positive to say about TMS at all) but acting like the company holds a grudge against you personally is frankly pathetic.

PS I also love how you discredit Shigeo Komori as being a "side lyrics writer" when the dude has more than a decade's worth of directing credits. But they're not on games you care about so I guess they don't count.

I'm exaggerating a lot but it's hard not to take their behaviour toward their fanbase as contempt. If you don't think the bullshit they've repeatedly pulled with DLC by itself, even after years of feedback, is already enough to feel some sort of detachment from the company, then you're just on the complete opposite spectrum that I am on this topic, and you can read whatever you want into that.

About Komori, it doesn't matter if he personally directed Metal Gear Solid 2 or FIFA 2020. He could have directed Final Fantasy VII for all I care. Whether someone directed a game before or not doesn't mean they're capable of, or even the right fit for all types of game. This is such an embarassingly obvious point that it's shocking I have to explain it to you. Don't be angry at me. The reason why SMTV and everything they've done recently sucks has nothing to do with me. I contributed well enough for that not to be the case at this point.

Also I did misspeak when I said "within the company", when I meant to say "within the franchise" -- the aim of what I was trying to say was that it was an obviously stupid decision to make by ATLUS to hand control of the franchise to someone with absolutely no experience with it, or even games like it.

Do people feel embarrassment writing things like this, or

No, and you pointing it out isn't going to make me say it any less, so if your aim with this little schoolyard bullshit is to tell me to shut up, then just do that instead. Or better yet mute me.

MarinZero

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 26, 2022
I made the right decision then, as I stopped playing this on PS5 (PS4 version) as soon as the Xbox version was announced.