• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 16, 2022
Atlus isn't announcing a P3 remake when the port is coming out this year. I don't even think the remake is real tbh, I think that supposed insider got their wires crossed which to be fair to them, is not their fault and happens to the best of them.
The port is releasing this month. After it's released, nothing would prevent them from announcing a remake this year.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
It's hits 30fps in that screenshot, with momentary dips like so.

The funny thing is that no, it doesn't even hit 30. Just 29. It rarely actually hits 30 fps, mostly settles at 27-28 during calm moments and drops further in combat. Watch the DF video before claiming people have "wrong eyes".

Hopefully, we'll be seeing more efforts for remasters and ports coming from them since it's pretty clear that their new game output is going to remain pretty staggered. I'm also curious to see just what the future of SMTV is going to be as the PC port seems overdue enough at this point that they might be going for a full-on Maniax upgrade to the game, which it definitely needs with how anemic the story content wound up being and the bizarre non-event the alignment elements wound up being.

Why did Atlus bother to remaster P3P then? Seems more harmful to their brand to put out a worse product when they're working on the solution to that.

Not trying to catch you out btw, I'm just trying to understand this.
It's easy money and has a version of the original game out there that's playable on modern systems for folks that prefer that over a remake that might change enough around to leave them dissatisfied with the changes. It's no different from Capcom likely to keep porting the original RE4 until the end of time even with the presence of a full-fledged remake.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Why did Atlus bother to remaster P3P then? Seems more harmful to their brand to put out a worse product when they're working on the solution to that.

trying to rationalize any Atlus business decision was your first mistake.

jokes aside tho, I think it kinda makes sense, get a lot more new fans of Persona accustomed to the older titles like P3 with P3P and P4 for with P4G and remake P3 for both new and old audiences that would be excited for the definitive version to experience P3.

I would like the same for Persona and P2 ngl

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017

Because P3P is a cheap port of a PSP game, same as P4G. It's easy money and you can bring the "whole" saga (because, let's be honest, P1 and P2 don't exist) to the new consoles.

P3R is like Persona 5, both graphically and QoL stuff related. And the content (or the lack of it) might not leave all the fans happy, so they still have P3P.

Also it's Atlus.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Because P3P is a cheap port of a PSP game, same as P4G. It's easy money and you can bring the "whole" saga (because, let's be honest, P1 and P2 don't exist) to the new consoles.

P3R is like Persona 5, both graphically and QoL stuff related. And the content (or the lack of it) might not leave all the fans happy, so they still have P3P.

Also it's Atlus.

Damn, they totally going to do that remake without FemMC

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021

Also it's Atlus.

Makes sense. So do you know if it's being done by a different team or are we waiting even longer for P6?

P5 was such a disappointment for me I'm so hungry for P6 and despite as much as I love P3, I want something new. But if the Persona team is doing P3 we might not get P6 until the end of the 2020s. :/

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
In touchscreen hell.

:(

It's funny, because I think the most fun part of EO is actually building your team, and not filling out your map through the touch screen.

Hopefully, getting SMTV out the door freed them to go into full production on the new game, since it's been aaaaaaaaages since they last said anything about it.

Yep, I'm hoping that the UE4 framework that they built for SMT V can now be reused for EO (and future SMT games), and hopefully it could also help out speeding up dev time.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US

Also it's Atlus.
Is this Tales from Uncle at Atlus or actual insider info?

If Atlus actually does proper remake and leaves out FMC, they will piss off a lot of their fans. And some of those would be new fans from P3P release.

I guess this is Atlus so it's possible, but would be very disappointing.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Is this Tales from Uncle at Atlus or actual insider info?

If Atlus actually does proper remake and leaves out FMC, they will piss off a lot of their fans. And some of those would be new fans from P3P release.

I guess this is Atlus so it's possible, but would be very disappointing.

They have a known track record with Atlus stuff, pretty sure they were the one who leaked P3-5 coming to all the systems ages before it was announced and Strikers iirc

lilty

Oct 25, 2017
New Brunswick
Even though it's been announced, I do hope Re Fantasy emerges soon. It's been so long since they announced it and the quotes about it reaching development climax are pretty funny when we know nothing. I hope the project is still alive and the final game is good because the concept and team excited me.

Persona 3 Remake seems like a given since it's constantly in the consumer polls from them and has high fan support.

Persona 6 is the big one I think people want the most, myself included, and I think this year they finally announce it. Their announcement about sharing the future of the series soon when the anniversary concluded read like "we know this is what you want we just need more time".

If the SMT anniversary is anything like the Persona one I guess we'll see some ports. Hopefully V to a platform where it doesn't run like ass. I enjoyed the game on Switch but the constant pop in and frame rate issues were maddening.

Wonder what's going on with Etrian. That seems due.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Hard to get excited about Atlus new games these days after SMTV and Soul Hackers 2. Just want a remaster of Digital Devil Saga.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Curious how mapping will be handled, but it'd be so hype if they finally announced EOVI this year.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Please dear god just give me Etrian Odyssey and show some Re: Fantasy

no more Persona spinoffs

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021

Also it's Atlus.
Do you know if SMTV on other platforms is happening this year? Or any other SMT games IE SMTIV?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
2023 is going to be either absolutely absurdly great for gaming, or really REALLY disappointing with how many bombas there will be.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
persona q remasters

no graphical updates, just freed from the 3DS. they will not be sold as a bundle.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
2023 is going to be either absolutely absurdly great for gaming, or really REALLY disappointing with how many bombas there will be.
But wait there were a bunch of threads in 2022 saying that 2023 would be one of the GOAT years in gaming! Can't wait to see the same threads for 2024

😏

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the flow of Soul Hackers 2 gameplay as much as I did — mid as the game was — because it felt like the closest thing to Etrian Odyssey I'd played in years. So uh hey Atlus, if you wanna give us a new EO? That'd be ace.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
P3-5 to all systems is an easy guess I think. Strikers makes them more credible if they said KT was making a musou of Persona 5.
They teased Taiko no Tatsujin for Xbox like 8 months before the official announcement and that is not an easy guess. I don't remember them ever ever being wrong about stuff, so I choose to believe.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
P3-5 to all systems is an easy guess I think. Strikers makes them more credible if they said KT was making a musou of Persona 5.

Considering how long it took for those games to come off PS ecosystems, I wouldnt call it an easy guess at all lol. That's retrospect talking. I don't remember exactly what their wording was on Strikers.

There's only been like two Persona 5 spin offs, that's some rookie numbers man.

There were three: Persona Q2, Dancing and Strikers. Then you had the Royal re-release. It didn't get as many as P4, but it still got a good milking.