▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Oh hey FemC. Atlus be like:

52e.png

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
They included FeMC so that everyone in the real P3 protagonist's party looks at her and goes "Who the hell are you?" while she desperately tries to tell them they know who she is.

She's the Maniac Mode of this game
Since no one knows her or can see her it will be solo all the time

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well there goes all of the little hype i had. hard pass. should've released it on switch too...

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Does the first one have a good story? If I really love Persona will I enjoy it?

No, it's basically fan fiction tier writing. But if you love Persona you probably will enjoy it. There's a certain charm to having the characters interact with each other. Gameplay's great and having to pick out a party out of your favorite Persona characters is such a joy. Dungeon design is probably better than the numbered games as well.

OP
OP
Nachos

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
The story barely exists until the last 80% of the game, and a few of the characters (particularly Chie, Akihiko, and Teddie) get reduced to really flat stereotypes. That said, it still has some really good character interactions for all the other characters, so I'd at least recommend picking it up during one of the 3DS sales Atlus is always having.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Immediately shot up as one of my most anticipated titles for (hopefully) next year. I feel like PQ1 is almost underrated. It's OST is absolutely phenomenal.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
FeMC? Sle a bit ATLUS.

Now, if someone could go to that basement and also release the cast of Persona 1 and 2~

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the final chapter (which is fantastic), no.

If you like Persona and dungeon crawlers you'll probably like this. The game is 100% a dungeon crawler. Although there's a lot more cutscenes than an Etrian Odyssey game, even more than Untold 2. The gameplay and encounter design isn't quite as good as an EO game, in fact it's kinda busted if you use certain characters and skills. But the dungeon design is GOAT levels of good in the genre.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I haven't. It's pretty similar to SMT Strange Journey, right?

What are the major draws to the game if the story isn't fantastic? The dungeon crawling and character interaction? Are their social links? I apologize if I'm derailing the thread.
Dungeon crawling. It is just dungeon crawling with skits of flanderized characters. So basically like Strange Journey, except there's a bigger emphasis on map making and there's front and back rows in combat.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What are the major draws to the game if the story isn't fantastic? The dungeon crawling and character interaction? Are their social links? I apologize if I'm derailing the thread.
Great fan service including character interactions, some neat dungeons, and the soundtracks are superlative. Mechanically the games are interesting as well.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

EO (and by extension persona q) is all about the battle system and map making. Story is whatever

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at screen shots on tumblr I wanna know what's up with Bomberman Aigis.
tumblr_pcy2qix3mz1tniwodo1_250.png

I'm curious how there gonna explain this. Like are they gonna say she's what would happen if BlueKoto had been born a girl?
I'm betting on more AU shenanigans, the new girl seems to be controlling how the story rolls in that cinema

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me I still need to dig up the first one that's been buried in my backlog graveyard for like 4 years.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not encouraging port begging, but Splatoon did it. Just one map to open the map. Unless EO really ends with EOX I'm sure they'll come up with similar trade-offs.
Basically a rethinking of EO is needed to get it to work on the Switch, or any similar system. I am sure it will come with EO6. This is not EO6. Right now, this is working within the frames of EO as they are. Therefore it can only be on 3DS.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Having the full cast of 3-5 and still a limited party of just 5 members is going to make party management a mess. Hope they think of something around this.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
My Twitter timeline is so full of people rejoicing for Hamuko's return. Thank you Atlus.