• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Where's Wolf 3 though Pete 🤔
Also this confirms that Project Relic on the GeForce leak actually is Indy. Not 'Platinum' and not something different like a few people were speculating.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I never thought anything about this game until I found out it's been brewing in Todd's brain for years.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Also this confirms that Project Relic on the GeForce leak actually is Indy and not something different like a few people were speculating.
crying-emoji-dies.gif

u_neek

Oct 28, 2017
Erm, if the pitch was shit, the project probably wouldn't have been greenlit, right?

DemiArsene

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 14, 2023
I mean I'm sure it'll be great and I'm looking forward to it but like I wouldn't expect a Bethesda VP to go "wow this is a load of crap lol"

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Seen the pitch? How about seen the game? I'd love to know what gets people excited about a franchise this old with...not a great track record in games that I'm aware of.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm sure it'll be great and I'm looking forward to it but like I wouldn't expect a Bethesda VP to go "wow this is a load of crap lol"

Also, this - When the story goes that Redfall was "Doing great in Internal Review" it calls into question what the "standard" is in Bethesda's "Internal Review".

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't mean anything at all. I'll wait until I see the actual game in motion.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
yeh, thats how pitches work. like who the hell is saying "this pitch kind of sucks, lets waste 5 years of our live trying to make it work though"

then again, redfall happened so....

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this rumored to be a first person game? I remember hearing that somewhere, I can't remember where.

I can't imagine why I would want to play as Indiana Jones in first person, it would completely defeat the purpose of being Indy.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Isn't this rumored to be a first person game? I remember hearing that somewhere, I can't remember where.

I can't imagine why I would want to play as Indiana Jones in first person, it would completely defeat the purpose of being Indy.

IIRC the most recent rumor was a mix of third and first person at different points

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm sure the game will be good but... how impressive can an Indian Jones game really be?

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC the most recent rumor was a mix of third and first person at different points

That would be so frustrating (and nauseating), lol. I hope the entire game is playable in third person or I'm not touching it. I cannot imagine how awful a whip would be to control in first person, haha.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

No it was an assumption based on the team's previous work from Riddick to The Darkness to the Wolf games. But doesn't mean they're sticking to that formula for Indy. Don't really care tbh, I just can't wait for a new game from this team regardless of the IP it's based on or whether it's 1P/3P.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Seen the pitch? How about seen the game? I'd love to know what gets people excited about a franchise this old with...not a great track record in games that I'm aware of.

What, I was just thinking if this game delivers, good Indy games will outnumber good Indy movies :P

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
That would be so frustrating (and nauseating), lol. I hope the entire game is playable in third person or I'm not touching it. I cannot imagine how awful a whip would be to control in first person, haha.

Yeah it being first person in combat would probably feel really strange, i'm not sure how they'd make it work to be honest. I guess Machine Games is probably the most experienced with that perspective, but imo it'd be best to go with 3rd person for the actual gameplay with 1st person cutscenes on occasion.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I imagine it would be third person action platforming and stuff with a first person detective mode to solve clues and some first person on rails sequences like a turret gunner or shooting at nazis while they chase your Jeep through a jungle type thing

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Yeah it being first person in combat would probably feel really strange, i'm not sure how they'd make it work to be honest. I guess Machine Games is probably the most experienced with that perspective, but imo it'd be best to go with 3rd person for the actual gameplay with 1st person cutscenes on occasion.
They did it with Riddick, another licensed IP, and it was stellar. First-person with contextual third-person. It's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.