• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
XpX09u5.jpg

This kitty should be modeling for Fancy Feast or something.

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks man :) everything about this cat just blows my mind, head position, sun light etc all seems to give him different looks

Here is in his stretched position!! He's on a diet at the moment as he's getting a round belly lol

He almost looks a bit like a toyger (or maybe he is?) with those full stripes. Either way, he is a cutie!

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Here are my kitties, Kirby and Luna. Pretty sure Kirby is part Maine Coon and Luna is part Abyssinian or Burmese. I got them from a nearby animal hospital. Apparently, someone just left them in a box at their front door. I've had them since last June. They're now about 9 months old. Super friendly with everyone and they follow you everywhere.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I have two cats, but they've been hers since before we met, so I might bore you with pictures of them later. For now, we'll just stick to our giant doggo who we adopted almost a year ago:
So fucking lazy. You really have no idea how goddamned lazy greyhounds are unless you've lived with one. He can be super adorable when he wants to be, though!

Also, sometimes when he stretches/play-bows, he lets out massive farts.

Here's a link to his instagram, he loves new followers :)

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah that's really cool! They are pretty rare around here, and sometimes you get tabbies with full stripes so that's why I wasn't sure. Anyway, here is my youngest
upS5b3R.jpg

I LOVE that smoked colour!! Stunning cat, what breed?

There rare here also, only a couple of breeders in the UK, wasn't cheap though

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
My super chill Maine Coon, Mocha. She's about 18 months old and I got her when she was 9 weeks old. Super friendly and playful. She loves being stroked on her belly and will purr whenever she sees me pick up a comb, as she loves to have her belly and head brushed

b1uHhhE.jpg
eagRmqo.jpg

qS1bcIB.jpg

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
I LOVE that smoked colour!! Stunning cat, what breed?

There rare here also, only a couple of breeders in the UK, wasn't cheap though

She is just a good old mix/housecat, so I was lucky to get the one with that colouring. I was looking for any kitten really as my other cat was a bit bored and then this one showed up as available. From a litter of 5, only she had the smoke colouring and it also looks like it will stay. Sometimes they grow out of it or get darker so they look like black cats, but if anything it has gotten more defined. Father was unknown and mother was not a purebreed either, allthough she had a really beautiful medium long silver chinchilla coat. She looks different depending on angle and lighting. When I blow on her fur or brush it the wrong way she is completely white under the grey/black. It's really hard to get a good picture of her though. Here's a bad quality photo that sort of shows how she looks from the front and how she gets lighter when she turns her head.

J2D6K75.jpg

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She is just a good old mix/housecat, so I was lucky to get the one with that colouring. I was looking for any kitten really as my other cat was a bit bored and then this one showed up as available. From a litter of 5, only she had the smoke colouring and it also looks like it will stay. Sometimes they grow out of it or get darker so they look like black cats, but if anything it has gotten more defined. Father was unknown and mother was not a purebreed either, allthough she had a really beautiful medium long silver chinchilla coat. She looks different depending on angle and lighting. When I blow on her fur or brush it the wrong way she is completely white under the grey/black. It's really hard to get a good picture of her though. Here's a bad quality photo that sort of shows how she looks from the front and how she gets lighter when she turns her head.
Love it very unique :) hope her colouring stays

Snumpus

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My super chill Maine Coon, Mocha. She's about 18 months old and I got her when she was 9 weeks old. Super friendly and playful. She loves being stroked on her belly and will purr whenever she sees me pick up a comb, as she loves to have her belly and head brushed

Awww. I love where she's holding onto your finger with her paw. My Ragdoll used to do that too. :)

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
Ha, she does it regularly. She'll grab my hand with both front paws and nibble if I try to pull away. She'll get her claws out but not scratch. It's like a warning that she's comfy and doesn't want me to move.
Awww. I love where she's holding onto your finger with her paw. My Ragdoll used to do that too. :)

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
some have me in them, but oh well. I have never posted pictures before so hopefully I do this right.
6bXWw6M.jpg
XD1AGXO.jpg
WazbT91.jpg
Zy9HOMv.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
From left to right, Oliver and Gretchen. My fiance and I picked them up when they were eight weeks old, now they're six months.

HvIUStw.jpg

And this is from when they first came home.
k4Q30j8.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to introduce everyone to Arlo (aka Stinky Pants, aka Commodore Stink Face, aka Floof Terrorist, aka Lord Poof Pants)

IMG_20171105_104825.jpg

Foxtastical

Oct 27, 2017
First dog as an adult, only previously had any when I was a kid. So it's a big deal for me. Her name is Callie, and she's a rescue. And she's grabbed my heart oh so fast.

T9RIi5W.jpg

Sadora

Oct 29, 2017
This Little Mister Sneezles. Sneezies for short.

When we got him, he had kitty influenza. The poor little guy just couldn't stop sneezing.
He's fat and sassy now, of course.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

These are wich i currently have, the sheltie on the left is called Baloo and the Shih Tzu Tanky, they are my, my moms and my sisters dogs and i love em. Had some dogs before too a german shephard wich was awesome funnily enough that he was gay but i still loved that fella (found it quite unique actually no problems with it at all), it was my childhood dog.

If i can find a pic i will post it his name was Quito. He died a few yeara ago sadly. Feels quite bad btw like losing a family member it's insane....

Edit: found one:
HFG1o1u.jpg

Last edited:

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Birb puberty is starting
VFmmQHF.jpg

Feathers EVERYWHERE from his big "first molt" starting, along with making a lot more noise and being more stubborn and independent than he used to be

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Excuse the shitty iPhone camera quality (and possible insta filters :/), but this is Chloe, one of my wife's kitties:
AFofHpHl.jpg

Aw2hdyZl.jpg

And Spooky:
1ZoX0mjl.jpg

aYd4lhzl.jpg

Both my wife's, turned 15 a month or so ago.

PS. I hate my iPhone SE's shitty zoom quality :/

Bonus shot of our dingus Jasper, with Clyde the croc:
7ipr5Itl.jpg

And another for Tongue Out Tuesday:
OSwLMD0l.jpg

(he has his own instagram, too)

BobNewbert

Oct 30, 2017
FL
Our newest, Zara. She's a rescue that went through the hurricanes in PR. The first few days we had her she sat in the corner of the kitchen and stared at us. She's still pretty skittish, but she is gradually opening up more and more and she gets along great with our other dog, Ajax.

ALbm7Zzh.jpg

bF3tXPXh.jpg

Unknown

Oct 29, 2017
This is Tally. She's a shelter/stray, so been a bit tough at times, but she's really turning into a lovely little maniac. My first pet.

fBXkCVX.jpg

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'll have to post a picture of my cat and maybe my strays as well, when I can.

I met the girl I'm dating's kitten yesterday, though, and he's insanely cute. A dark brown and black tabby, with spots that turn into a stripe on his back. He's got pretty amazing markers and orangish brown eyes.

I feel for the little guy, though, because he's so busy that he's not trusted to be out of her room unless supervised. So he's this energetic and frenetic 8 month old ball of energy, who's stuck in a small bedroom and just runs laps around the room. He was up on everything, trying to open the door, and meowing loudly all night. Woke me up at least once and made it hard to fall asleep.

I got him a toy, and played with him a bit...once he settled down enough to pay attention...and also pet him a lot. He apparently hated her ex, but seemed to love me almost immediately. He kept headbutting me and rubbing up against me and all that.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Cross posting, but I guess I just want to show them :)

My gf convinced me to adopt two stray kitties over a year ago and I love them both.

when they were 6 or 8 weeks old:

RTHKFs4.jpg

12 months:

2vsbkkT.jpg

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
My sister's dog, my parent's dog, and my dog all sitting together and actually looking photogenic for once:

cLuddl.png

And we had a snow day yesterday and Leia wanted to cheese a bit in it:

gSFdZY.png

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
Can't beat laying by the fire on a winter's day (even if you do overheat every 10 minutes)!

h3iZtZb.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
This is my kitten Apollo!

yihliIw.jpg

We adopted him back in early November from the Human Society. His name was Rocky at the shelter, and due to the fact that he was White (and the fact that we had just recently watch Creed) - we decided to rename him to Apollo. Unfortunately he was put down on Christmas Eve. After seemingly being fine up til that point, on Friday after waking up from a nap we noticed that he had completely lost his coordination. He jumped down from his bed which had been on the couch and completely hit the floor. He got up slowly and drunkenly staggered over to our doorway mat and peed, and then staggered back to my girlfriend before just collapsing by her feet. It was around Midnight when that happened so we packed him up in the carrier and took him to an emergency Vet. They said it was likely a neurological disorder, and that they could keep him overnight and refer him to a neurologist - but that it would likely be $6-8 thousand just to potentially get a diagnosis. We couldn't afford it, so they sent us packing with some antibiotics and steroids. He grew weaker and weaker through out the night, and by the morning he was barely able to keep his eyes open let alone move much. We made the decision to surrender him back to the Humane Society since they had more resources to treat him than we did. We had to sign a waiver for a potential Euthanasia in the event that they deemed him untreatable, or unadoptable. We called the next morning and they had already made the decision to put him to sleep.

It turns out that it wasn't a neurological disorder, but FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) which I'm told is a guaranteed death sentence. The person told us that they did an autopsy, and his insides were basically decayed and his body had shut down - which is why he was so weak. We asked how he could seem perfect before a nap, and go down hill so quickly after - and they mentioned that cats are very good at masking symptoms until their bodies hit critical. They looked at his records and said that we should have never been able to adopt him since there were notes about him constantly sneezing (which we noticed), being very vocal, having diarrhea, being a picky eater and being a bit under weight - all of which are huge indicators of the disease. Even though I'm heart broken, I'm glad we adopted him and I'd do it again even if I knew this was the end result. He was honestly the goofiest, friendliest and most loving cat - and I'm sad to see him go.

Here's a photo album of him: https://imgur.com/gallery/r24Il

His favorite hobby in the world was watching movies, which is amazing considering both my girlfriend and I are HUGE movie buffs. We would literally leave our media player on for him when we'd leave for work, and he would sit and watch entire movies. If you paused a movie or turned the television off while he watched it, he would go over to you and meow until you turned it back on. His favorite film of all time was Legally Blonde :)

Damn dude this almost made me cry

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Damn dude this almost made me cry

Unfortunately, I have some more bad news. Bowie, the kitten we adopted after Apollo's passing, was euthanized yesterday afternoon. He also had FIP, which left us and the Humane Society completely shocked. Apparently FIP is extremely rare, effecting like 5% of kittens and for the same owner to have two kittens back to back have it is like "finding a needle in a haystack" as they explained to us.

His symptoms were a bit different than my last kitten, Apollo. Doing a bit more research, Apollo had what's referred to as 'Dry FIP' while Bowie had what's referred to as 'Wet FIP,' with that latter being much easier to diagnose.

Just to give a little background, we adopted Bowie late December. He was 8 weeks when he got him, and to say he was a handful would be an understatement. He constantly bit us, clawed us, had unlimited energy, was always crying for wet food, would follow us EVERYWHERE and would cry if we didn't allow him to sleep with us. We assume since he was put into quarantine for a serious disease, and was already young to begin with – he hadn't undergone the typical training that most kittens do with their moms and siblings. Having said that, misbehavior aside – he was a really sweet cat. He loved being on our laps, laying on our tummies, sleeping with us and just generally being around us. But constantly having to wake up at 2-3am to tend to his needs was killing us, and since we share walls with a neighbor – we couldn't exactly play hardball with him… so we got another kitten. Gus. They hated each other one day one, but by day 2 they were best friends, and Bowie's temperament and behavior did a complete 180 almost instantly. He stopped biting us, scratching us, he slept when we needed him to (likely due to being tired out) and he preferred sleeping with his buddy instead of us. Things were going wonderfully… until about 4 days ago.

We noticed on Thursday that Bowie was a bit different. He was very lethargic, and kind of just laid in dark places in solitude. He was still eating, but not as much – and he didn't pester us for it – nor was he as excited about his wet food as usual. We noticed that he started having explosive diarrhea, and he was drinking A LOT of water – and he was never really a big water drinker before. He typically only meowed when he wanted food, but now he was meowing all the time – and it was very faint and whiny. He stopped playing with our other kitten completely, and when the other kitten would try to play with him – he was super irritable and would snap back. His stomach was noticeably bloated to, which for a while we just thought was the result of him eating real well – which he did. It wasn't until yesterday morning when I picked him up and felt how warm he was, that I knew we had take him to the vet.

I took him in and based on all the symptoms we told her, and the fact that the bloatedness was actually fluid in his abdomen (which was high in proteins, which I guess is a strong indicator of FIP) – the vet informed of us of the bad news. We decided to put him down because he was getting worse and worse with each passing day, and it seemed cruel and selfish for us to allow him to suffer more and more as his health declined – just to spend a few more days with him.

I'm legitimately heart broken. This was supposed to be the kitten to fill the void of our last kitten, and now I find myself with a void that's decidedly larger.

Here's an album of our sweet Bowie: https://imgur.com/a/dEHH5

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
Ack, harSon dude that's terrible. Weird: I randomly thought about you and your kitten's story the other day. If there was any cosmic poke involved, I wish it had been for a better reason, man. I can't imagine going through that once, let alone a second time so immediately. It's absolutely heartbreaking how quickly we form a bond with these pets of ours. Hope you're eventually able to give twice as much love to Gus and, maybe down the road, another little kitten.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Added a new addition to the gang. Mikenzie loves to bully him around so far, named the little guy Bart

UbJyXlO.jpg

Snumpus

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately, I have some more bad news. Bowie, the kitten we adopted after Apollo's passing, was euthanized yesterday afternoon.

I am so very sorry. I lost one kitty to FIP; I can't imagine losing two. :( I hope they can cure this horrible disease soon. And I hope your little Gus brings you much comfort.