• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
mrnUll8.jpg

This is my Apistogramma Borelli :)

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I am so very sorry. I lost one kitty to FIP; I can't imagine losing two. :( I hope they can cure this horrible disease soon. And I hope your little Gus brings you much comfort.

Gus is doing well!

Here's his photograph from the shelter:
fGSlAuu.jpg

Here's the first time we met him at the Humane Society:
jFiNQTQ.jpg

He's equal parts lazy and athletic. He's super chunky, and his appetite is legendary, but he's easily the most coordinated and athletic cat that we've owned. He's very vertical, and you'll always find him in a high place.

70TfCQa.jpg

ZzjJ9jS.jpg

k9A8xzT.jpg

PIzDZTv.jpg

He also hates to be alone, and whenever he senses that both my Girlfriend and I are about to leave - he'll stand in front of the door to try to block us from leaving:
4vPvbMy.jpg

And his most unflattering photo is definitely this. He LOVES laying on our towel rack in the bathroom. Unfortunately, this time he got himself into a snug position and didn't have the room to maneuver out. I heard him meowing from across our apartment, and I turned on the light to find him stuck like this:
97VkxaU.jpg

Stocky

Feb 6, 2018
Here's my dog Riley. She's an Irish Setter. Here's a couple of when she was a puppy
g11CAL2.jpg

q7RVHyZ.jpg

And one I just took last night. She's 2 1/2 years old now.
Cd52Enl.jpg

Zeshae

Nov 7, 2017
FL
Most recent addition to our furry family, Kyber!

She's a tripod, but has SO much energy and out of our 3 cats probably the most normal of them all. ☺

20180205_223910-1-e1520002932291.jpg

kyber-e1520003043766.jpg

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
I should introduce you folks to my 3 favourite (and the 3 most spoilt) animals in the world:

This is Tali (named after Tali from Mass Effect)
W2qRDTm.jpg

Ash (Pokemon)

5Bl8nCJ.jpg

And Garfield (Work it out for yourself)

It4Ivnt.jpg

They are Persians, well Ash is an exotic shorthair, but thats just a shorthaired Persian. Ash and Garfield are brothers, Tali is their half sister. Tali recently turned one, the boys are around 6 months old. All 3 are best friends
zKopY2w.jpg

I have loved Persians all my life, when I was a very young kid I used to watch homeward bound with my granny and we both adored Sassy and that stuck with me as I grew up. Sadly granny never got to meet mine :(

Last edited:

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Era, let me introduce you to our cat Loki

2i82gm.jpg
281wuxg.jpg

I don't want to overdo it with gifs, so I'll just restrict myself to 2 per page. I'll start by showcasing his special skills:

Agility of a ninja
15200575831520057531.gif

Solid Snake level of sneaking (only with his favorite treats)
15200617291520061703.gif

More next page.

Oct 26, 2017
My amazing, amazing French Bulldog Yoshi passed away in January. She was 13 years old, didn't drink or eat anymore and her breathing was very heavy. Vets had basically said there was only one thing to decide and that is the one decision you never ever want to have to make for your lovely beasty, but I had to. She can't suffer.

The medication against epileptic attacks had really ruined her liver in the long run. So those meds were a blessing and a curse really. Rest in peace lovely Yoshi. That day I said my final goodbyes to both my mom and Yoshi.

QywE2Ca.jpg

After all this I initially wanted to wait with getting a new dog and just let everything sink in, but to make a long story short I decided to go check out some puppies at someone's place and soon I made the decision to get one, that decision turned out to be the best one I could make because it made the dark days a lot more.... doable I guess.

Meet Lara, the English Stafford. Incredibly kind and sweet towards humans and fellow dogs.

3G93FgP.jpg

hjeQ2qV.jpg

4cnAmnJ.jpg

7zy3KF5.jpg

ZgNJeUe.jpg

dNfM2iN.jpg

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
My amazing, amazing French Bulldog Yoshi passed away in January. She was 13 years old, didn't drink or eat anymore and her breathing was very heavy. Vets had basically said there was only one thing to decide and that is the one decision you never ever want to have to make for your lovely beasty, but I had to. She can't suffer.

The medication against epileptic attacks had really ruined her liver in the long run. So those meds were a blessing and a curse really. Rest in peace lovely Yoshi. That day I said my final goodbyes to both my mom and Yoshi.

After all this I initially wanted to wait with getting a new dog and just let everything sink in, but to make a long story short I decided to go check out some puppies at someone's place and soon I made the decision to get one, that decision turned out to be the best one I could make because it made the dark days a lot more.... doable I guess.

Meet Lara, the English Stafford. Incredibly kind and sweet towards humans and fellow dogs.

I'm sorry about your old dog, it's always hard to say good bye. I love old dogs though, there is something about them that almost makes them cuter than puppies, maybe the knowledge that they probably brought tons of happiness to someone throughout their life.

And there is no right or wrong time to get a new pet, your new puppy is super adorable though, so cute!

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
How have I missed this thread?

This is Grim. He is a tiny asshole of a dog. He's grumpy and and vindictive. I also absolutely love him.
FEPBV.JPG

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVE that at least half of the pictures in this thread are of your pets just looking like total dummies. When I had 3 labs (1 of each color) while living with my parents, I would basically do everything I could to take pictures of them looking as dumb as possible. It's great. I'll have to post them later, along with my leopard gecko Boss and my grandparents' shih tzu Max, the grumpiest dog ever.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to subscribe to this thread. I'm seriously considering getting myself a cat but I've never had such a cute furball so I don't wanna rush my decision. I also want to make my apartment very cat-friendly before it moves in. But first, I gotta go to my doctor and find out if I am allergic to cats or not.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
He's amazing! My dog is also named Banjo. He's still a puppy though.
That's awesome! What a cute dog!
My banjo is still kind of a pup... he'll be 2 in June. DEFINITELY still has that puppy energy. Took 2 straight days of intense dog park playing + a big hike to finally get a lazy day out of him. That's how we figured out he was part Brittany XD Still have no clue what other stuff is mixed int here.

I can't tell... what kind is your Banjo? Seems like a mix of a few things.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry about your old dog, it's always hard to say good bye. I love old dogs though, there is something about them that almost makes them cuter than puppies, maybe the knowledge that they probably brought tons of happiness to someone throughout their life.

And there is no right or wrong time to get a new pet, your new puppy is super adorable though, so cute!

Yeah it's a terrible decision you have to make eventually, well some dogs pass away by themselves, but sadly sometimes you just need to make the decision yourself. I look back with nothing but a huge smile on my face though, we've been through so much and she was my everything.

As for Lara, yeah she's absolutely amazing. She has been to puppy training twice now, things are going great. Really brightens up my days after these two horrible tragedies.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome! What a cute dog!
My banjo is still kind of a pup... he'll be 2 in June. DEFINITELY still has that puppy energy. Took 2 straight days of intense dog park playing + a big hike to finally get a lazy day out of him. That's how we figured out he was part Brittany XD Still have no clue what other stuff is mixed int here.

I can't tell... what kind is your Banjo? Seems like a mix of a few things.

He's a Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog). 5 months old right now so he'll get bigger. Vet estimates probably 20-25 pounds when full grown, only 6 pounds right now haha.
He's has spurts of high and low energy phases. Plays hard and sleeps harder.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Your kitty has some sweet looking markings!

I added another member to my pack last weekend. Meet Siryn.....

DeElXr0WkAA9HcK

DeIlQpFWAAEpeSK

Ddw6JBEVMAEMSny.jpg

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, depressed. Our 1.5yr old cat has been having issues the last month or two, UTI or something and he has been to the vet a lot and we've spent hundreds on medications and stuff... Seems to be getting worse and he had to be rushed to the vet again today. We were given two options, one was an immediate surgery to unblock/treat him with an estimate of $1,600 - $2,000 or the option of putting him down because going untreated was only going to make things worse...

Despite the insane cost, putting him down was not up for discussion. He's too young and is such a great cat. I'm bummed about him being at the vet for the next few days, about him getting better, and of course the cost of all of this.

I'll attempt to share some cute photos below to try and counter this depressing post.

stewie posing:
Q5V9ODY.jpg

as a vampire:
pFfeVy4.jpg

with his sister:
d2sbTQM.jpg

and just looking like a dope:
wmkVO4j.jpg

[\QUOTE]

Philia

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, depressed. Our 1.5yr old cat has been having issues the last month or two, UTI or something and he has been to the vet a lot and we've spent hundreds on medications and stuff... Seems to be getting worse and he had to be rushed to the vet again today. We were given two options, one was an immediate surgery to unblock/treat him with an estimate of $1,600 - $2,000 or the option of putting him down because going untreated was only going to make things worse...

Despite the insane cost, putting him down was not up for discussion. He's too young and is such a great cat. I'm bummed about him being at the vet for the next few days, about him getting better, and of course the cost of all of this.

I'll attempt to share some cute photos below to try and counter this depressing post.

Sounds like a urinary blockage. This is a HUGE issue with male cats. And... sometimes its lethal unfortunately. :( One, cats are notorious for not hydrating themselves very well, second, all that dry food is also a culprit too that doesn't help their needed-to-be solvable diet. https://www.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvetted/2011/nov/blocked_urethra_in_male_cat-11896 I'm so sorry that you're going through this pain with your cat. Hope your cat gets better soon.

As for my cat, I got Anna showing off her tricks here. <3 She's such a smart girl.

https://twitter.com/Philiaravon/status/994951999476072448

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a urinary blockage. This is a HUGE issue with male cats. And... sometimes its lethal unfortunately. :( One, cats are notorious for not hydrating themselves very well, second, all that dry food is also a culprit too that doesn't help their needed-to-be solvable diet. https://www.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvetted/2011/nov/blocked_urethra_in_male_cat-11896 I'm so sorry that you're going through this pain with your cat. Hope your cat gets better soon.

As for my cat, I got Anna showing off her tricks here. <3 She's such a smart girl.

https://twitter.com/Philiaravon/status/994951999476072448

Thank you. Learning a lot through this and it's pretty crazy. He was so good too and then this just started happening, seems crazy.

That video on your twitter page is great btw, she's very vocal like our female cat. It cracks me up.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
This is my handsome little crab, Johnny. Gave him a lot of upgrades and things to do in his tank. Now you may be wondering if I have other crabs since they are social. Yes, I do, but since pet stores treat them terribly they are de stressing so I am not bugging them. This tank was not final either.

Here he is taking a bath(I got him a bigger bowl for baths so don't worry). Oh forgot to mention he knocked the top over lol
Kb4kKNt_d.jpg

Currently have three hermit crabs in a 12 gallon tank. Got two big pools for them and lots of soil, sand, and jungle wood to burrow into. Also got them some branches to climb on and a hut :)

All 3 are less than 2 years old.

Named them

Johnny(shown above)
Cash
Dollar