• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Pewdiepie just released a statement on YouTube as well.
"Not posting today out of respect for the many families in New Zealand that have been devastated by this terrible and sad news. You can donate to support the victims and families here:"

It's bizarre. If I was him, even if I was doing a cute little "I'm just a baby, I don't know what I'm doing!" dance, it'd still hit me like a ton of bricks if someone invoked my name when they killed almost fifty innocent people. That's serious "holy shit, I need to re-examine my life" territory.

Like, that's "fully denounce those you've been associated with and heavily donate/volunteer to the affected parties" territory, not "take a day off and suggest others donate" territory.

OP
OP
Sinder

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
It's bizarre. If I was him, even if I was doing a cute little "I'm just a baby, I don't know what I'm doing!" dance, it'd still hit me like a ton of bricks if someone invoked my name when they killed almost fifty innocent people. That's serious "holy shit, I need to re-examine my life" territory.

Like, that's "fully denounce those you've been associated with and heavily donate/volunteer to the affected parties" territory, not "take a day off and suggest others donate" territory.

No conscience.

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how easy it would be for him to say "hey, if you're a white supremacist, unsubscribe to me and fuck off". He would never do that. As long as "edgy" memes are profitable, he's in.

Oct 27, 2017
This is a guy who repeatedly called someone a Fucking Nigger on stream repeatedly.

You expect anything genuine out of this piece of shit?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, when I see people "disappointed" with his response.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
To all of you with the burner accounts:

If all of you guys are based, red-pilled individualists, why do all of you parrot the same NPC memes, post the same pepes, blurt out the same code-words, the same talking points, follow the same people and, to top all of your based individualist egalitarianism off, you blame all your problems on entire collectives such as "SJWs", "cultural marxists", "globalists", feminists, muslims etc instead of specific individuals?

Doesn't that activate your almonds? Doesn't it give your noggin a good ol' joggin'?

As for PewDiePie and "influencers" of his caliber, they are gateway drugs. Man the fuck up, take responsibility and quit the fucking alt-right cult. It's never too late.
Hoooly fucking shit I love your post man. Very well done, very well done.

Galactor

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
He should do a video explaining why racism is bad. And why inmigrants add more to the economy than they take from it.

TeaberryShark

Feb 8, 2019
All the grifters that have been coasting on spreading hating, posting right wing memes and "just kidding around" about nazism are suddenly hoping we just stop reporting this thing and stop giving it the media attention! I wonder why? They'll be back to their craft of making money via hate as soon as the dust settles here. They don't deserve the chance. We should relentlessly punish these people in the court of public opinion since we can't count on any government or company to take appropriate action and control this hate speech. God I'm so furious about this. :(

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a guy who repeatedly called someone a Fucking Nigger on stream repeatedly.

You expect anything genuine out of this piece of shit?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, when I see people "disappointed" with his response.

I feel that if someone name called me cheerfully seconds before of killing 49 people I would fucking reevaluate the fuck I have been creating for my channel an actions. But I guess you need have a minimal of decency in your body to begin with.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine how easy it would be for him to say "hey, if you're a white supremacist, unsubscribe to me and fuck off". He would never do that. As long as "edgy" memes are profitable, he's in.
Right? This is all people want. I'd be completely cool with PDP if I actually knew he was unequivocally an ally. I'd be down for the PDP train if I knew he was a content producer interested in promoting equality and rebuffing bigotry. But he can't even do that much. He can't even spare that tiny little bit of empathy. Like I said before, him joining every other reasonable person in sympathizing with the families of the victims as well as the victims themselves is easy. You don't have to try to say that killing is bad. But to come out and say what you did in the past was wrong, acknowledge how his flippant attitude toward real issues, to not even make it a question that you don't flirt with the very people stoking the fires that breed violence, that means having to give up that audience and he's not willing to. He isn't willing to make sure the people who support violence against minorities (whether they act on it or not) have no business calling them his fans and watching his videos. To take that stand actually means standing up for something and he's a coward.

He is a coward that doesn't mind being a hero in the eyes of the filth that roll around NeoGaf, 4/8chan, Breitbart, Stormfront etc. That makes him no different from the republican politicians here in the states who say that they're against violence but don't want to directly address the white supremacists who make up a significant portion of their constituents. There is no way PDP doesn't know that the people who like genocide and oppression gather on his reddit and his comments. But he isn't willing to do anything about that. And before the next person says it, PDP is not even the only person on or off YT who is guilty of associating with and catering to bigots. He is not the only person who makes jokes about genocide and says the N-word and thinks there's no correlation with putting shit like that out into the world and galvanizing those who live by those very ideals. Being an ally means an actual desire to fight against straight white male supremacy. Being an ally means inherently not wanting to make bigoted jokes and laugh at the expense of the disenfranchised. PDP can't claim allyship and sincerity in the wake of a career built on apathy and the belittling of minority struggles, lives and deaths. People can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
He should do a video explaining why racism is bad. And why inmigrants add more to the economy than they take from it.

Something unsettling (but obvious) in statements out of the White House about the massacre is how completely scrubbed of references to Muslims (as the target) the messages of condolence are. At least the official statements I've seen personally.

That sort of seemingly two-faced omission is completely consistent with how PDP has made motions as though he regreted things in the past, but never said the things you'd need to hear to take much of it as a sincere apology.

For another example, today we have the US President supposedly lameting the massacre, but using it to pitch the exact sort of anti-immigrant bigotry that motivated the attack in the first place. Even the President's wording is frighteningly close to the murderer's manifesto:

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
The second is longer (~20 minutes) and more general to how people fall into the rabbit hole that PDP is an active part of:

Thanks for sharing this.

I'm not much of a content consumer on Youtube and getting a snippit of what hole some people can go through is insane. Its fucking nuts how people can be so easily radicalized through a god damn YouTube recommended algorithm.

It makes me think back to the early internet days of conspiracy theory non-sense..The Zeitgiest, 9/11 truther, etc. stuff that made its rounds. I'm starting to see the connecting dots on how this has evolved into something much much worse. How easy its become for "influencers" to just paint a group of people as an enemy to susceptible people.

Its..sad.

To all of you with the burner accounts:

If all of you guys are based, red-pilled individualists, why do all of you parrot the same NPC memes, post the same pepes, blurt out the same code-words, the same talking points, follow the same people and, to top all of your based individualist egalitarianism off, you blame all your problems on entire collectives such as "SJWs", "cultural marxists", "globalists", feminists, muslims etc instead of specific individuals?

Doesn't that activate your almonds? Doesn't it give your noggin a good ol' joggin'?

As for PewDiePie and "influencers" of his caliber, they are gateway drugs. Man the fuck up, take responsibility and quit the fucking alt-right cult. It's never too late.

Its clear some people are in deep.

I can only hope some good can come from this thread and the brainwashed wake the fuck up.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Anyone else find it a bit messed up that pewdiepie has gained 100k subs already on the day something like this gets directly linked to him? I looked his stats up expecting a massive unsubbing but it's been the opposite. Dangerous times we live in?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also I know people defend him because he "donates to charity" but that's literally nothing to me when you're rich.

Not that you shouldn't do it of course, but don't think that makes you a good person when you give basically your pocket change to folks. Do actual charity work that's physically or mentally demanding and effortful and then I'll see it as a positive for your character.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It's always funny to hear people call for "civility" against Nazi talking points like they think we can't tell what the subtext is there

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Also I know people defend him because he "donates to charity" but that's literally nothing to me when you're rich.

Not that you shouldn't do it of course, but don't think that makes you a good person when you give basically your pocket change to folks. Do actual charity work that's physically or mentally demanding and effortful and then I'll see it as a positive for your character.

Imagine if Trump, RKelly, or some other worthless piece of shit donated to charity? People would be lining up with nonsense like "he's a good person!"

Shit is unreal.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

I wasn't even aware he had made any contribution himself. Asking others to give money in response to a mass murder (given who he is and his role in "setting the table") is cold comfort to the families of the dozens killed.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, why did i even bother checking Boogies tweets after seeing that one.

So before he even posted that bullshit, his first response was:

Then he posted this in response to someone calling him out for not mentioning the victims:

Obviously feeling the pressure for the hate he was getting he then posted:

Lmao that is the Boogie ass tweet I've ever seen. I hate this dude.

Oct 27, 2017
No - absolutely not. I'm not a fan of him personally, but the extreme left will do anything to conflate a person with a muddied past to literally any tragedy. Felix did enough by denouncing this individual and giving his "thoughts and prayers." This is a tragedy for everyone, including Pewds.

Lmao, muddied past? More like the everyday present. He's throwing nazi, racist shit every day it seems (and then, "apologizing")

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
tumblr_o3201tTBNp1uar8nho3_400.gif

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom

Very off topic, admittedly: I think this is kind of bizarre logic. I get your point, but I feel like the important people in this equation are the hypothetical orphans who want a new orphanage. Sure, it'll cost a very rich person nothing to pay for the total of its construction, but if it's that vs them not funding anything and instead pushing a wheelbarrow of bricks for a few days instead, as an orphan I think I know which one I'd prefer.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Chill. This isn't going to advance the conversation or help anyone.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I manage to offend any fans of the number one white supremacist on YouTube?

We are talking about the person who is probably the biggest recruiter for white supremacists. He has done a lot to up their numbers for sure.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Anyone else find it a bit messed up that pewdiepie has gained 100k subs already on the day something like this gets directly linked to him? I looked his stats up expecting a massive unsubbing but it's been the opposite. Dangerous times we live in?
"There's no such thing as bad press" gets taken to new extremes.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
He always kind of felt like a baby boomer that was born too late to me. His taste in music and movies similar to someone who was born in the 50s, so I always kind of assumed his politics were that way too. That and the Ghostbusters review.
I'm not gonna derail anymore than this but, his taste in music and films? I get what you mean that he seems a bit before his time, but my taste in films and music is much the same and I think it's kind of bizarre to assume I'm a conservative because I like The Kinks and The last unicorn.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Perhaps instead of telling us how sickened you are by having your name mentioned, maybe reflect on why he said your name, and then do something about it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
How hard is for Pewdiepie to fucking say "ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY HAS THE SAME LINE OF THINKING AS THE SHOOTERS CAN GO FUCK ITSELF. UNSUB FROM ME...." Or something condemning that kind of behavior?

Who am I kidding, he's a spineless twat. I exactly know why is it hard for him

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna derail anymore than this but, his taste in music and films? I get what you mean that he seems a bit before his time, but my taste in films and music is much the same and I think it's kind of bizarre to assume I'm a conservative because I like The Kinks and The last unicorn.

I'm not trying to accuse him of anything (nor is being a conservative necessarily a bad thing!). It's just a vibe I get from him.

Deleted member 46922

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Why people are bending over backwards to defend some useless and not too intelligent Youtuber with narcistic behaviour and worthless content, is beyond me.
Even if you don't understand sociology and the fact that he's a product of the times, because everything he does is done with the idea that it comes out the most beneficial for him (money, attention, influence), even, why would you come to a forum to defend this idiot?
I don't get people anymore.

This man is not in any pain, he is a sociopath, he doesn't care, he is just trying to come up with a response that makes him look as good as can be to the kids that follow him.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How hard is for Pewdiepie to fucking say "ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY HAS THE SAME LINE OF THINKING AS THE SHOOTERS CAN GO FUCK ITSELF. UNSUB FROM ME...." Or something condemning that kind of behavior?

Who am I kidding, he's a spineless twat. I exactly know why is it hard for him

Eminem is like the only entertainer that has done this. It's weird.

Galactor

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
its not ethical for such an important influencer to not at least try to influence kids into a good and pacifist mindset. Many people are influenced by him, he knows that.