• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
This is moving really fast, I didn't even realise this was a second topic about the donation. I thought this was the same topic when it was originally announced. In that thread quite a few users were dissatisfied with the donation, I don't know about ADL but they said that apparently ADL's efforts promote the suffering of others. Here are just a few quotes but I would recommend people read that thread.

No one really challenged that so I took it to be true, if that was the case then wouldn't pulling funding from ADL be good? I would hope that PewDiePie maybe directs funds to other charities that do not have a similar reputation to ADL.
ADL is a tough sell for a lot of people man. Even anti-Zionism Jews don't like them. You will notice that the ADL gets in people's faces every time anybody ever literally says anything about Jews that could be construed as bad. It's all they do. They call them anti-Semitic, and try to bring them down with this. The problem being Semitic in itself doesn't indicate you are Jewish. In fact lol, Semitic is BY FAR a term used for languages where the VAST majority of people speak languages other than Hebrew. That might blow some people's minds IDK because in the states anti-Semitic is used almost exclusively for Israel.

As for their background well they have a long history of supporting Israel no matter what atrocities happen. I can't support that kind of thing. I am sure they do some good work at times, but I can't support all that BS over there that US/Israel policy helped shape in the first place. Funding for the ADL is fine with or without anybody lol. This is why PDP giving to them is ridiculous. It does nothing. I have no idea who the people are that think the ADL needs 50K in cash to do anything, but you are wrong. They are funded from the top and need no money.

His gift is completely fucking harmless, and people should know that. There are 10000 other charities you should be giving to before even thinking about the ADL.They simply don't need your money.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That is why it's called a fuck up. You did a stupid fucking thing that you did not have the intention of doing, see the consequences of or properly investigate.

In this case giving money to racist Jews. A deed that was meant to be a punch in any of the nazi followers of his face.

But just as usual he fucked up because like he said himself he is always fucking up.
He's always fucking up and appearing as supporting Nazis as a result. That's a hell of a string of coincidences.

Nazi ally says "why am I always a victim of such misunderstandings" and you all carry water for him, fighting as hard as you can against Ockham's Razor.

Dec 8, 2018
And then he decided that it was a good idea to capitulate to the nazis in the fanbase.

It doesn't matter how you try to spin it, he has passed to threshold as far as I am concerned.
And once again you don't think the one plus billion Muslim that would probably get angry at him giving money to people hating them have nothing to do with it only the racist in his fanbase was the sole reasons. Let's just ignore that like you do every time right.

Spinning it like a few angry nazi kids would be the main reason when there is literally a sixth or more of the population of earth as another is what is silly.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I doubt he ever had any real intention of donating in the first place, just saying he would in order to be the attention whore and troll he is. He can't even come up with a decent "reason" why he recended.

He continues to be a piece of garbage. In fact, the best thing we can all do is stop giving this attention he craves and let him fade back into the trashpile where he and his rabid fans belongs.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
When someone shows you who they are (repeatedly over and over and over again) believe them.

We've been doing these threads for PDP for several years now since GAF. Same song and dance, same bullshit.

The next time PDP says the n word (again) or goes full Nazi (again):

"He obviously didn't mean it!"
"Why can't you guys just forgive him already?"
"This totally hasn't happened before at all, this is definitely the first time it's happened. Also, why is everyone so mad at PDP? Here's my 5 paragraph post where I defend him at all costs, even though I don't know anything about him or his numerous fuck ups."

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's so shitty to blame muslims for PDP Kjellberging his way of out of a donation.
We are not provided any kind of a hint of what PDP's muslims fan even think of him but it's really they're fault and not the very vocal nazis that talked directly to him and to whom he replied.
Yeah that these invisible fans that are the reasons why PDP is Kjellberging again.
He's always fucking up and appearing as supporting Nazis as a result. That's a hell of a string of coincidences.

Nazi ally says "why am I always a victim of such misunderstandings" and you all carry water for him, fighting as hard as you can against Ockham's Razor.
Can't really blame PDP for carving swastikas everywhere with Ockham's Razor though!
He's really into Hindu culture!

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
And once again you don't think the one plus billion Muslim that would probably get angry at him giving money to people hating them have nothing to do with it only the racist in his fanbase was the sole reasons. Let's just ignore that like you do every time right.

Spinning it like a few angry nazi kids would be the main reason when there is literally a sixth or more of the population of earth as another is what is silly.

Do you have any proof he supports BDS?

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Pewdiepie makes anti-semitic jokes, he's literally dressed up in a Nazi uniform, the Christchurch's last words before he started killing people were "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" and he wears an iron cross on his collar when announcing that he's withdrawing his donation. But the ADL are the REAL villains? Come the fuck on. Some of you need to take a good long look at yourselves in a mirror and decide what kind of human beings you want to be.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1568208919-OpenBordersBonus-4.png

Salsanta1373

Apr 6, 2019
TIL that PDP was allegedly not wearing and Iron Cross, but a Bolnisi Cross that is on Demna Gvasalia clothing line. He is still an ass.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The problem being Semitic in itself doesn't indicate you are Jewish. In fact lol, Semitic is BY FAR a term used for languages where the VAST majority of people speak languages other than Hebrew. That might blow some people's minds IDK because in the states anti-Semitic is used almost exclusively for Israel.
On this specific point, I think part of why the term is used is to emphasize the shift from the historical hatred of the Jewish religion (anti-Judaism) to the hatred of the Jewish ethnicity.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
As for whether or not he did it for Muslims - has he given any indication claiming that? Moreover, has he given more indication of that then the indication that he did give - which is mentioned in the OP - that he was motivated by the ADL badmouthing him personally?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I know I already posted in here but just felt like reiterating that this guy is an unrepentant and irredeemable cunt.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Pewdiepie makes anti-semitic jokes, he's literally dressed up in a Nazi uniform, the Christchurch's last words before he started killing people were "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" and he wears an iron cross on his collar when announcing that he's withdrawing his donation. But the ADL are the REAL villains? Come the fuck on. Some of you need to take a good long look at yourselves in a mirror and decide what kind of human beings you want to be.
he dresses up like a villain, they actually push for political change that hurts other minorities. they're both bad but it's not even close.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
On this specific point, I think part of why the term is used is to emphasize the shift from the historical hatred of the Jewish religion (anti-Judaism) to the hatred of the Jewish ethnicity.
Hmm not sure about that. I think you are right in one context, but the term anti-Semitic is used almost exclusively as a slogan and noose now to demonstrate all kinds of things from the lowest forms of disagreement to the highest forms of bigotry.

Not only is it a pointless term when used solely on a Jewish context, it's being abused as well for just disagreeing with Israeli policy. And quite honestly that is where my problem exists, as Semitic, for those that might not know, encompasses Aramaic, Arabic, and other ancient languages like Phoenician. It is the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family. There is no real reason one portion of this group should be using this term explicitly for themselves in such a blatant context of badmouthing other people. But it works. You can't be labeled anti-Semitic, or you are in deep shit. It's why we are here now. In this case PDP was saying stupid shit of course, which might be high or low on the scale of things that fall under the term itself.

For instance consider an Arab as a Semitic person being labeled anti-Semitic lol. This happens, and it makes no sense. What some of these people are looking for is anti-Jewish, but anti-Semitic works so much better because it sounds unique, people don't know what Semitic means, and the term itself is now a glowing death knell for anybody that attains it.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm not sure about that. I think you are right in one context, but the term anti-Semitic is used almost exclusively as a slogan and noose now to demonstrate all kinds of things from the lowest forms of disagreement to the highest forms of bigotry.

Not only is it a pointless term when used solely on a Jewish context, it's being abused as well for just disagreeing with Israeli policy. And quite honestly that is where my problem exists, as Semitic, for those that might not know, encompasses Aramaic, Arabic, and other ancient languages like Phoenician. It is the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family. There is no real reason one portion of this group should be using this term explicitly for themselves.
Bear in mind that all of this stuff is kind of fiddly because the concepts of race and ethnicity are nebulous, our identifiers change, and a lot of the classifiers originate from sources with straight up racist agendas. It's how the Nazis were going around calling themselves Aryans when the Aryans were from the vicinity of Iran and north India.

With people from the middle east, it's additionally fiddly because it tends to be mixed in with biblical history. The term "Semitic" itself more literally means the descendants of a particular son of Noah.

I don't disagree with your overall points, for the record, I'm just saying that language doesn't also make sense in retrospect.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Bear in mind that all of this stuff is kind of fiddly because the concepts of race and ethnicity are nebulous, our identifiers change, and a lot of the classifiers originate from sources with straight up racist agendas. It's how the Nazis were going around calling themselves Aryans when the Aryans were from the vicinity of Iran and north India.

With people from the middle east, it's additionally fiddly because it tends to be mixed in with biblical history. The term "Semitic" itself more literally means the descendants of a particular son of Noah.

I don't disagree with your overall points, for the record, I'm just saying that language doesn't also make sense in retrospect.
Nah I get you. None of it really makes sense, which is why the slogan-type aggrandizing of the term doesn't work for me. It's just used to instantly try and sway opinion without argument. In that sense it is a very efficient term, and everybody that throws it around knows this.

Naopleb

Sep 13, 2019
Lord, he can't even do charity right

Charity was always one of his strong points though:

There was also a Charity Stream called Cringemas where they raised 1.3M for the charity RED and a few smaller ones with Ellen etc.

As far as this goes it's good he pulled the 50k from them (but he definitely needs to do more research on such a precarious theme and needs to choose a good fitting charity), we can only speculate what his real reason was and both sides try to read whatever they want.

pHseven

Sep 13, 2019
I doubt he ever had any real intention of donating in the first place, just saying he would in order to be the attention whore and troll he is. He can't even come up with a decent "reason" why he recended.

He continues to be a piece of garbage. In fact, the best thing we can all do is stop giving this attention he craves and let him fade back into the trashpile where he and his rabid fans belongs.

How did you come to that conclussion? No matter what you think of PDP he has done a lot in the past for charities and alike with his huge viewer base. Here is a brief list of his charity campaigns and donations:

Oct 27, 2017
How about they both suck and destroy lives?

Fuck both of them.

pHseven

Sep 13, 2019

"Subscribe to Pewdiepie" was a viral meme on the internet due the popular sub "war" with T-Series. It's unfair to say PDP has ties to that murderer based on that.

The so called "iron cross" on his jersey was misidentified by some journalists. What they are refering to is this jersey: https://nomu.fashion/designers/vetements/black-god-save-us-zip-up-pullover-ss191669m202010/

The cross on that jersey is called the "Bolnisi cross" and is a national symbol of georgia. Since the jersey is designed by Demna Gvasalia, a Georgian fashion designer, it's nothing special really and I don't think PDP had any intend to specifically wear "that symbol".

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
"Subscribe to Pewdiepie" was a viral meme on the internet due the popular sub "war" with T-Series. It's unfair to say PDP has ties to that murderer based on that.

The so called "iron cross" on his jersey was misidentified by some journalists. What they are refering to is this jersey: https://nomu.fashion/designers/vetements/black-god-save-us-zip-up-pullover-ss191669m202010/

The cross on that jersey is called the "Bolnisi cross" and is a national symbol of georgia. Since the jersey is designed by Demna Gvasalia, a Georgian fashion designer, it's nothing special really and I don't think PDP had any intend to specifically wear "that symbol".
It's almost like when you keep pushing symbols of hate "unintentionally" people stop giving you the benefit of the doubt.

pHseven

Sep 13, 2019
It's almost like when you keep pushing symbols of hate "unintentionally" people stop giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Frankly, I'm not aware of any spread hate symbols. I do not follow PDP that close, only the happenings that pop up in media and some of his videos. I'm curious though what let's people believe he is some kind of hateful/racist person. Would you care to give me some examples of his wrongdoings?

The only "proof" I've found were some racist slur incidents on stream. I wouldn't categorize a whole identity based of that though. All I know about PDP myself is that he does a lot of charity, let's plays and some "meme reviews".

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
ADL is a tough sell for a lot of people man. Even anti-Zionism Jews don't like them. You will notice that the ADL gets in people's faces every time anybody ever literally says anything about Jews that could be construed as bad. It's all they do. They call them anti-Semitic, and try to bring them down with this. The problem being Semitic in itself doesn't indicate you are Jewish. In fact lol, Semitic is BY FAR a term used for languages where the VAST majority of people speak languages other than Hebrew. That might blow some people's minds IDK because in the states anti-Semitic is used almost exclusively for Israel.

As for their background well they have a long history of supporting Israel no matter what atrocities happen. I can't support that kind of thing. I am sure they do some good work at times, but I can't support all that BS over there that US/Israel policy helped shape in the first place. Funding for the ADL is fine with or without anybody lol. This is why PDP giving to them is ridiculous. It does nothing. I have no idea who the people are that think the ADL needs 50K in cash to do anything, but you are wrong. They are funded from the top and need no money.

His gift is completely fucking harmless, and people should know that. There are 10000 other charities you should be giving to before even thinking about the ADL.They simply don't need your money.
Anti-Semitic means anti-Jewish. That's what the term was invented to mean, that's what it has always meant. Complaining that other groups of people are also Semitic is a pointless obfuscation of the actual issues.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Frankly, I'm not aware of any spread hate symbols. I do not follow PDP that close, only the happenings that pop up in media and some of his videos. I'm curious though what let's people believe he is some kind of hateful/racist person. Would you care to give me some examples of his wrongdoings?

The only "proof" I've found were some racist slur incidents on stream. I wouldn't categorize a whole identity based of that though. All I know about PDP myself is that he does a lot of charity, let's plays and some "meme reviews".
Maybe do a bit of research before posting then?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Honestly, whatever reason led him to pull fifty fucking thousand from a shit org like the ADL is net positive for the world.

Thing is, I have very little confidence in a vapid guy like PDP doing the research to find a charity that isn't a pro-Israel shithouse behind the curtain.

I'd much rather see money go to Palestinians.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

How did you come to that conclussion? No matter what you think of PDP he has done a lot in the past for charities and alike with his huge viewer base. Here is a brief list of his charity campaigns and donations:

I do not follow PDP that close
I also have a yearly timeline of all of his charity donations before this one that he fucked up

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LOL.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Even outside of that you should probably read up on dog whistling. It's a pretty amazing coincidence to randomly wear a symbol that looks like an Iron Cross when retracting a donation from a Jewish charity.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guys, pH7 joined yesterday, only has 8 posts, and some of those posts are him defending the right to refuse vaccination.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Pewdiepie is racist but that doesn't mean ADL isn't a trash charity either for being anti Muslim and going after people that rightfully criticize Israel for its policies such as those that led to war crimes in Gaza. So why can't people be critical of both?

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Every big YouTuber is some form of sociopath. It's uncanny.

And imagine dying on a PDP hill. Lot of embarrassing posters here defending scum like him.