• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
From what I can tell the console versions stopped getting patched after the team downsized and are now behind the PC version. PC is at 1.1 but I can't find any record of the consoles going past 1.03 I think.
The Switch title screen says v.1.0.8 but now the question is if that is unique numbering to the Switch port or whether it corresponds directly to the PC version numbering.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
The Switch game is so cheap now. I bought and loved Hard West (it is super cheap now too), so how does this compare? Would you say it is just as good as a x-com like?
->
Usually it's also on sale alongside Phantom Doctrine (by the same devs, a spy-take on this type of game), just as interesting but a bit more divisive (especially since Forever Ent said a year ago they'd do another gameplay-balance parity patch with the PC version but have not done so). I'd still recommend getting this if one is heavily into XCOM-likes.
my post from the HW thread :)

Phantom Doctrine has this whole spy-strategy layer on top of the tactics gameplay. What Forever Entertainment promised and then didn't (at least not yet?) deliver on was patching in the last PC-parity update that balanced a lot of things to improve a lot of issues people had with the combat (odd way it calculates angles and percentages etc). It's still a really really cool game, just like HW.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
->

my post from the HW thread :)

Phantom Doctrine has this whole spy-strategy layer on top of the tactics gameplay. What Forever Entertainment promised and then didn't (at least not yet?) deliver on was patching in the last PC-parity update that balanced a lot of things to improve a lot of issues people had with the combat (odd way it calculates angles and percentages etc). It's still a really really cool game, just like HW.
Cool, I tried to find out about the patches, but I still don't know. Will grab this one too.