• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
  • It's a tool for developers if they choose to use it.
  • It's not system level and not meant to mess with balance/matchmaking (developers will likely be able to make multiplayer pools of controller only, k&m only or all).
  • It's also meant to allow certain games and styles that aren't well suited for console to be playable.
  • Coming to preview in October with Warframe.
  • They partnered with Razor.
Will update if more info becomes available.

Sal

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
ax5Y698.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Its a real shame about Microsoft's market share and lack of real big hitting exclusives. Their feature set and willingness to experiment are top notch.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't realise it didn't already have it. Hopefully they can keep k/m and controller players seperated in online games (unless it's a game where there isn't an advantage).

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I got the impression that the PS4/XBO already have Keyboard and Mouse support when games support it. Like you can use it in FFXIV. Didn't think the system needed a specific update for it.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Hoping it gets used more than the PS4 kb/m support. There's only 8 games that support it.

Sniatch

Apr 9, 2018
It's probably also because they are working on Halo 6 for PC and Xbox. So they want to combine the online community, or at least give the option for it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
As everyone has already said, would love to see Age of Empires come to console!

Oct 27, 2017
That's great news. Does Steam Controller work with CronusMAX? If not, then I hope Microsoft is working on an equivalent of Steam Controller as I don't want devs to stop making gamepad friendly strategy games.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
It's probably also because they are working on Halo 6 for PC and Xbox. So they want to combine the online community, or at least give the option for it.
But it's Halo Infinity going to be made for PC? I thought that Halo was THAT MS franchise that would never ever show on PC because it's a system seller in their eyes and want people to obligatory buy an Xbox One to play that single game.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
I think you may be right and this is a bigger play to really lean into PC/Xbox cross platform multiplayer. (Although I don't want to play against someone 30 or 60 FPS vs 90 to 200 on a PC no matter the input method.

It could be massive.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
But it's Halo Infinity going to be made for PC? I thought that Halo was THAT MS franchise that would never ever show on PC because it's a system seller in their eyes and want people to obligatory buy an Xbox One to play that single game.
Its already been announced for Windows 10.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I honestly thought some games let you do this already. Awesome nonetheless!

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All MS First party developed now will come to PC same day and date release of Xbox.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
An Xbox One X is so appealing right now. Please take advantages of this devs.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
...this is not what I wanted at all. No dev will bother with this for games that don't already come wih KB/M working out of the box on PC.

I guess they wanted that matchmaking to not be a problem, but just cutting you off the internet when using a mapping altogether would be of more interest to me.