• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK

Im sure because he's such a big fan that D2 we have the game and all expansions on game pass but nice to see the Cloud App for PC is being tested.
This looks like a marketing shot but as a games fan it's great to know it isn't and that the boss is testing and playing just as you will be.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
I always find it somewhat amusing how much of a Destiny fan Phil Spencer is. Does he play anything else lol.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What are they doing in Alexandria? It wouldn't really make sense to be on sight for them for something like Perfect Dark, would it? :P

Otherwise I can't wait for the Desktop streaming client to come out. Should be really cool to test some games fast.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
It's actually hilarious how much he loves Destiny, I can never dedicate myself to one game so much. That's awesome for him. I bet he gets so damn hype every time they give up a heads up on a new dlc or have a trailer they want to put out.

Ketenge

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly can't wait until this technology is perfect. I recently tried out Destiny 2 on Stadia for free, and I was really impressed with the response time. I was using a wired connection though; when I tried it on wifi it was just too unreliable.

The day I can grind out some bounties on a bus through my phone without any fear of my connection dropping / with a perfectly stable connection will be a good day. Or on a plane! Imagine. A 12-hour flight would be a genuine pleasure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
It's actually hilarious how much he loves Destiny, I can never dedicate myself to one game so much. That's awesome for him. I bet he gets so damn hype every time they give up a heads up on a new dlc or have a trailer they want to put out.
I think it was a year and a half ago he joined Bungie and Pete Parsons to stream for a couple of hours

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
Starting to believe the only reason they brought Destiny 2 to Game Pass was so that Phil can play it on the go.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I follow Phil on Xbox and he is basically always playing Destiny 2. Definitely a huge fan.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Playing xCloud on Airport WiFi. Probably a horrible mess.
What are they doing in Alexandria? It wouldn't really make sense to be on sight for them for something like Perfect Dark, would it? :P
ZeniMax is not too far away from old Town. Their hotel is probably near Reagon Airport. Also no one wants to be in Maryland longer than they have to.

Apr 25, 2019
So wait a second, two and a half weeks into season of the chosen he was level 68 already? I know that not crazy for the super hardcore guys. But for someone who is the head of a gaming company that's pretty hilarious as that's a lot of time in a short period.
To be fair, they made it very easy for people to level up fast with the seasonal challenges this season.

May 25, 2019
London
This is the vision they had the moment they announced Play Anywhere, xCloud, etc. I think this will become a popular way to chip away at games especially as 5G becomes more widespread.

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
So wait a second, two and a half weeks into season of the chosen he was level 68 already? I know that not crazy for the super hardcore guys. But for someone who is the head of a gaming company that's pretty hilarious as that's a lot of time in a short period.

Noticed the same thing, hahaha. Guess he's like us, he really enjoys Season of the Chosen.

DamSea

Nov 11, 2017
Playing xCloud on Airport WiFi. Probably a horrible mess.
ZeniMax is not too far away from old Town. Their hotel is probably near Reagon Airport. Also no one wants to be in Maryland longer than they have to.
Can we stop with the Maryland hate! Its not that bad...
Really, its not...
not...[cries]

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Hurry the fuck up iOS 14.5 update. I wanna play DQ12 in bed. Seeing Phil use a controller has me jealous.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Otherwise I can't wait for the Desktop streaming client to come out. Should be really cool to test some games fast.
Gonna give a shout-out to Pops ice cream in the background. Great little ice cream shop.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
Isn't the news that people are overlooking here that the web app is coming? I know Microsoft has mentioned it but it Phil is using it out in the wild I'd think that means it's coming along nicely?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
May be marketing overhype but I do love how Phil feels like a regular guy who undertands the minor issues of console gaming, I have him on my xbox friends list and he is on at all kinds of random times and playing stuff.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't wait until this technology is perfect. I recently tried out Destiny 2 on Stadia for free, and I was really impressed with the response time. I was using a wired connection though; when I tried it on wifi it was just too unreliable.

The day I can grind out some bounties on a bus through my phone without any fear of my connection dropping / with a perfectly stable connection will be a good day. Or on a plane! Imagine. A 12-hour flight would be a genuine pleasure.
Get ready to pony up for that premium airplane wifi though.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017

im at 150 already. its a really good season that gives you reasons to play every day.