• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
This comes from the FTC document leak.

IMG_1232.png

source

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ lmfao

Surely this couldn't have been written in the Switch era…

Edit: it was written 5 months after Animal Crossing: New Horizons and the Switch utterly blew up lol

Catterson

Sep 14, 2020
The way he talks about it kinda makes me feel weird. Capitalism monopoly moment if anything.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
In before someone claims "The Japanese government has laws to prevent the acquisition of cultural companies".

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Very interesting they even considered some hostile ways of getting Nintendo. Also talking trying to get valve too. Like this wild.

Catterson

Sep 14, 2020
they said the same thing about valve also .

Sans Artifact, Valve is one of the last studios l always adore because of how they're able to operate due to being private. Despite how long it takes for them to release, I'll always respect them. Scares me seeing stuff about people trying to acquire.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Microsoft needs to let go of this wet dream of buying Nintendo., Nintendo is becoming an empire of its own this gen, and being acquired by Microsoft would be a step back for them.

I love Nintendo and Microsoft platforms, and I DO NOT want them to merge.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
"Nintendo's own future exists off their own hardware, and on ours which sells three times less"

TimotheusNL

Jun 9, 2023
User Banned (1 day): Inappropriate commentary
What absolute hubris. Microsoft seem hell-bent on destroying this industry with continued corporate consolidation, I see. What a sad, dystopian future we're currently living in.

Anyone supporting this kind of talk isn't right in the head.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get its business but its really disgusting reading these e-mails and Phil (and other MS execs) talking about these acquisitions to just continue to grow Microsoft, regardless if its good for the employees that would be impacted or consumers.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
you are on an otherworldly amount of copium if you think they don't have conversations like this about every single large gaming company lmao

doesn't mean it's an actual consideration tho

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Phil is like me when I get a paycheck

Think of all the bullshit I can buy and then fail doing it

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
"the unfortunate situation is that Nintendo is sitting on cash"

"...fortunate for Nintendo I mean!" 😆

Witchcraft

"This guy are sick"
Oct 9, 2022
Fuck this company so much, and fuck all the weirdos salivating over this nonsense.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
WB not coming with any IP ownership makes sense why those talks must have tanked. At that point you're just buying very expensive studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.