IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
This is honestly really fucking cool to see but I truly wonder if they're gonna hit Phil with some of the harder questions/comments/critiques people have had regarding Xbox after these last few weeks. Like, yeah, we all know Phil won't be able to answer everything he gets asked, but it'd be nice to see some clarity and honest discussions from Phil about how things are going over at Xbox as they head into what could be a massive Showcase for them this summer.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"I only played it for 37 minutes, myself."

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
I hope that they ask the harder questions about the quality and quantity of their releases the last several years.

I expect fairly basic answers though, hopefully they don't let him off the hook though.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Will be curious to see what comes of it, I'm sure they'l be kind interviewers. It's on the heels of the June Showcase announcement, so any tough questions about a weak lineup can deflect to the showcase, Forza, and Starfield.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Fair enough for agreeing to do this considering the critical questions coming his way. Could've easily just stayed silent until the showcase.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
from the clips I've seen they've been pretty exasperated with Xbox lately, fascinated to see how this goes

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious if they are going to ask about the ABK stuff and if Phil can even comment.

NazzyQ

Apr 6, 2018
fair play to Kinda Funny for doing this, but they're almost certainly going to stick to soft-ball questions

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
I mean unless he's going to shadow drop some AAA games everyone will just whine that he's all talk.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I expect a lot of ¨We fully expect the ABK merger appeal to succeed and even if it doesn´t, we will be stronger than ever without it¨ and ¨We are learning from our mistakes, Redfall is something we are focused on making better and our games are now stronger than ever from it¨

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
This is a cool move if you ask me. Yes some answers will be vague but this is a good way to address things. Most in this position would put out a prepared statement or a tweet and call it a day.

You all aren't giving much credit to xcast crew either by assuming it's all softballs. They've been pretty harsh on Xbox.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Listen, anyone thinking that he will outright say that redfall is a mess will be sorely disappointed IMO. I think it's cool that he's gonna come on and discuss it a little within the PR box that we all know he's in. Of course, we will hear some of the main talking points that we've heard before, but I'm more interested in him teasing a little of the showcase.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
The three most important questions:

Where is Everwild?

Where is Killer Instinct?

Where is Banjo-Kazooie?

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
"First question Phil, what are your thoughts about the CMA?"
"Second question, How would the 11th june event be if the adquisiton of "Activision Blizzard King" would have been accepted by regulators?"

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
He could say something interesting like that they are investing into JP games or that there is something extremely surprising at their Xbox Show.
Oh I agree that a longer form interview from him is almost always interesting and I wish the other 1st parties were this open to just talking with media, but we're already seeing in this thread how people will respond to it. People are basically done waiting for the promise of Xbox 1st party to pay out.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States

Garry Whitta hardly comes across as a suckup, he basically spends every week ripping on them lately.

I'd be surprised if he didn't at least ask "what the hell happened with Redfall" - of course I don't expect Phil to give much detail beyond "we gave the team the time they thought they needed, in the end it didn't come together the way we hoped, you'll see them continue to update and improve the experience."

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be the same empty platitudes we always get, and people will lap it up and praise his honesty and openness like they always do.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
They are not going to ask him anything of value. Just a bunch of softball questions where at the end you learn nothing.