• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned - Low Effort Post (Read OP next time)
Microsoft grabbing 3rd party exclusive, especially on crowdfunded games, is disgusting.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft grabbing 3rd party exclusive, especially on crowdfunded games, is disgusting.

MS is paying for the Xbox version. Do you expect them to also pay for a PS4 port?

The devs specifically state there is no exclusivity deal (reflected both in the thread title and OP). Not sure where you are coming from here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Hope to see it on the PS4 some day as it looks awesome. Probably end up getting it for the PC

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

From the OP, MS provided them with the tools necessary to make the game on Xbox (and the Game Pass), that reads exclusivity. Sony has not paid them for a PS4 port?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
before the conference no one even hoped for a console version
i'm hyped. phoenix point is the true xcom

Come on, as if Sony and Nintendo aren't doing it either.

Of course not, games get an exact one year headstart on playstation because devs love sony this much

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
From the OP, MS provided them with the tools necessary to make the game on Xbox (and the Game Pass), that reads exclusivity. Sony has not paid them for a PS4 port?
Apparently not. What it reads is, Microsoft paid them to make a port. Sony, either didn't yet, doesn't want to, or wants them to come over on their own power because they don't care.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
"Provided resources (which is required to be on Xbox game pass)" does not sound like paying for the game's development on Xbox. It sounds like given a dev kit and perhaps tech assistance.

If the backers don't have an issue then I don't see a problem.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently not. What it reads is, Microsoft paid them to make a port. Sony, either didn't yet, doesn't want to, or wants them to come over on their own power because they don't care.
Fair enough but it's strange Sony wouldn't want to put the successor to XCOM on their console.

You expect Microsoft to give them the tools for PS4 as well? If Sony want the game they can get it.
Read answer above.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
"Provided resources (which is required to be on Xbox game pass)" does not sound like paying for the game's development on Xbox. It sounds like given a dev kit and perhaps tech assistance.

If the backers don't have an issue then I don't see a problem.

"if the backers dont have a problem", how is this their problem again? they paid for a pc version and they're getting it. microsoft came and gave tools for a xbox version and they're getting it. backers dont have shit to do with this.

Oct 27, 2017
It seems that isn't as big of a deal for Sony at this point to do the outreach. MS on the other hand has been going out and actively funding alot of these PC ports

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Wow, keyboard warriors can be such assholes. "....you know, the console people actually have" Kid, you should be yelling at Sony for not funding the game like PC users and Xbox did.

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
Those comments on Twitter are aggravating to read. It's like people can't just ask a simple question. They have to be assholes about it. Good on the dev for taking the high road.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Some are just so quick to react and continue to hold Microsoft to a higher standard.

Yes, those fanboys clamoring microsoft for bringing a previously pc only game to their console

The guy saying PS4 is the console people actually have or the other saying he will cancel his preorder because of a xbox verson, now these are nuanced, level headed perspectives unlike those microsoft fanboys

It was a shitty thing for him to say but this game is crowdfunded, all that money should have been used to push out the game even if it means Early Access.

what people crowdfunded will still happen just like before
what microsot funded ad supported is a xbox version, which will now happen. with microsoft money, not crowdfunding money.

theres literally nothing to take an issue with but console warrior bullshit. this was a previous pc only game that is now getting a console port. A GOOD THING. Unless the console is Xbox and not PS4 it seems

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm failing to understand why a platform holder would have to pay for a port to their console. Exactly who is benefiting here?

Microsoft providing tools and marketing support (gamepass) is not the same as paying someone to port their game. If that's what they are asking of Sony, they rightly would be ignored.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
"if the backers dont have a problem", how is this their problem again? they paid for a pc version and they're getting it. microsoft came and gave tools for a xbox version and they're getting it. backers dont have shit to do with this.

I like how I ended my statement with "Then I don't see a problem" yet you're trying to pick a fight anyways. Good ole E3 season.

Backers have everything to do with it since, you know, they're funding it. Crowd funding games obviously takes the investor angle while severely limiting a company's legal obligation to investors but morally there is still a responsibility to use the money in a manner that the investors are aware of and agree with.

And like I said, if the backers (investors) do not have issue with it, then there is no problem.

Dec 15, 2017
The arrogance of Sony fans lately it's been disgusting. "The console people actually have" last I checked there were around 40M Xbox ones and many more PC gamers.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I like how I ended my statement with "Then I don't see a problem" yet you're trying to pick a fight anyways. Good ole E3 season.

Backers have everything to do with it since, you know, they're funding it. Crowd funding games obviously takes the investor angle while severely limiting a company's legal obligation to investors but morally there is still a responsibility to use the money in a manner that the investors are aware of and agree with.

And like I said, if the backers (investors) do not have issue with it, then there is no problem.

If microsoft gave money and resources for a port they're also investors, you know
And the way the devs use this money from microsoft have nothing to do with the backers or their money from the kickstarter

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It was a shitty thing for him to say but this game is crowdfunded, all that money should have been used to push out the game even if it means Early Access.

The whole point is that MS have given Gollop the resources to do this, they're not using backer resources.

Sounds like if Sony do similar they're happy to make a PS4 version. I don't see what the issue is.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
If microsoft gave money and resources for a port they're also investors, you know
And the way the devs use this money from microsoft have nothing to do with the backers or their money from the kickstarter

Nothing in that tweet says money. It says resources that are required for game pass. Which suggests non-monetary support.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
With the similarity of the Xbox and PlayStation console architecture it does surprise me that they seemingly can't or won't develop a PS4 version. If Microsoft has paid for the costs to develop one, I would think it wouldn't be that much more expensive to get it working on PS4 and that's the leading console on the market.

I mean I assume after they release the game they can use the funds to make a PS4 version, it just seems odd to not just make both versions.

Game looks cool though.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
You're suppose to use the money to push out the game in some form, not use it then run to a publisher to do the rest. They announce a delay then MS pays them to port it? Seems strange, to me.

Seems perfectly logical and a good business decision, to me. PC backers have to wait a little longer, but the people making it get a far larger paying userbase and there is far lager chance of the game succeeding and the backers getting more of what they want. As a XCOM fan, sound like a great thing. Kudos to the company and Kudos to Microsoft for investing the project.