Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Released this morning on Switch, Xbox, PS4, PC and Stadia. Included on Game Pass as well (out now for Xbox, some confusion if the announced PC Game Pass release is still happening). The game can be played in single player or via co-op (local/online).

Metacritic
Xbox One | PC | PS4 | Switch
Opencritic

Cultred Vultures 9/10
PHOGS! is possibly one of the best co-op games ever made and the perfect remedy for a hellish 12 months.

TheDigitalFix 8/10
PHOGS! is a fantastic puzzle-platformer for all ages, combining well-designed mechanics with a bright, enchanting aesthetic. Playable alone or with a friend locally or online, there are plenty of levels to keep you busy, and plenty of collectables to seek out and invest your hard-earned bones in. Though at times the lack of camera controls and collision glitches can lead to some unfortunate demises, the experience is one well worth investing in and is not to be missed.

Gamespew 7/10
Ultimately, PHOGS' greatest weapon is just how freakin' adorable it is. Once you've seen those two happy doggo faces, there's no going back. The environments are wonderful, too; the game's quirky art style never fails to put a smile on your face. The gameplay itself, however, doesn't always quite live up to those same heady heights. There are some terrific and unique puzzles, but not all levels have been created equally, and some of them outstay their welcome. This double-headed doggo adventure has plenty to offer, but you're best off playing in short bursts.

RapisReviewsUK 3.5/5
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Phogs, and I'll be following Bit Loom Games very closely to see what they have next. A fantastic world with two very special leads, to be enjoyed both single-player and with a friend. The blend of puzzles and platforming is a good mix if only let down by some poor physics and clunky handling when solving some of the puzzles – especially those end sections. You'll be able to sink a good eight to ten hours with Red and Blue and then if you've missed any bones, boingles or unlockable outfits the replayability is there. If you're looking for something a bit different with a lot of heart and imagination, look no further. Phogs is your game.

HeyPoorPlayer 4.5/5
After playing PHOGS!, I actually found myself in a better mood, the cheerful and delightful nature of dogs encapsulated in this gorgeous game an uplifting experience. It was the cozy, cute platform puzzler I was expecting and then some, surprising me towards the end with how it handled gameplay progression. If you even think for a split second that PHOGS! might be your bag of treats, don't deprive yourself — I double dog dare you to pick up PHOGS! today and take these goodest doggos for walkies.

Buy direct from Coatsink (PC)

Last edited:

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Glad this turned out well! I've been following it for a bit and it's so gosh darn adorable I would have heartbroken if it didn't come together.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Been really interested in this one recently. Thanks for the review thread Dancrane212, you always have your finger on the pulse of the most interesting indies!

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Smiling within minutes of starting play and didn't stop until I had to quit. It's made of charm and love.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Ooh, didn't know about this and the trailer looks cute and it's on Game Pass now so I'll check it out since I just got done with Twin Mirror.

Thanks OP.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is this to be pronounced 'pogs' but with an added 'H' because of the other Pogs?

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
was literally just checking out the trailer for this on the xbox store, laughing at how cute and crazy it looks.

def want to check it out with the wife this weekend.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Oh shit, I didn't realize this was hitting Gamepass.

My daughter and I played the demo a while back on PC and it was a lot of fun.

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
Hey thanks so much for making me aware of this game OP! Me and a friend looking to play it this weekend and I'm hyped. The dogs look adorable.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Excited to play this with the wife, seems really fun. Blessed Gamepass

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Playable with young children or do you need Big Brain to progress?

From playing a bit and reading reviews I think it might be a bit much for someone pretty young to wrap their head around playing solo, but co-op seems very doable. You can bark/grab, move and stretch; not a lot of individual movements to keep track of. The artstyle is very easy to read as well, not a lot of noise that you have to cut through to understand what things are.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I'm liking it. It's pretty cute and reminds me a bit of Katamari (probably the cuteness mixed with the physics and twin-stick controls). Stuck at a part in Food World and the game is too new to have any walkthroughs yet though, lol.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is console only for Game Pass, what a bummer...

That is pretty bullshitty. Several articles have stated that it is coming to PC gamepass as well:

"Better still, it'll be available via Xbox Game Pass for console and PC, and will be backwards compatible on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. "

EDIT: Wait, the developers have said it is coming to PC later today? Is that true?

culturedvultures.com

PHOGS! Launching On PC, Consoles & Game Pass This December

PHOGS!, from Coatsink and Bit Loom Games, is set to launch this December on PC, consoles, Stadia and Xbox Game Pass.

Last edited:

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised there's been no mention of Push Me Pull You which seems like a more direct inspiration for this than Noby Noby Boy.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Played it the last two nights with a friend for about an hour. It hasn't clicked yet, so far it's not as fun as I thought. Part-Time UFO was fun from the get go.