• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JeHya2MVYOw

McAQ9qA.jpeg

sa1y6k7era6b1.jpg

Time to hide from spoilers

Last edited:

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's wild how leaky game releases have become these days.

thoughtloop

Apr 9, 2022
Retail stores got copies a week early?! That's wild. Only consolation is the linked Reddit post's OP refuses to spoil anything. But if stores have copies this early, all heck is gonna break loose.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
It's wild how leaky game releases have become these days.
Retail stores got copies a week early?! That's wild. Only consolation is the linked Reddit post's OP refuses to spoil anything. But if stores have copies this early, all heck is gonna break loose.

it's been like that since forever, i can't recount how many times i've got games in advance, since i was a kid

biggest was my store getting Resident evil 0 3 weeks in advance

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It's not uncommon for stores to get major new releases up to a week beforehand but they will all need to be accounted for so it's not like you can just sell one or take one without consequences. Also fwiw usually they only show up a day or two before. not a whole week. But the way it tends to go is that the publishers send them to the warehouses and the warehouses send them out to the stores. We're most likely in the warehouse stage right now. Not a shock that during all of this someone ends up taking one home.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I consider this pretty good. For there to be a week until the game is out, and no spoilers on the internet yet. It's cutting it close though, and I'm sure the floodgates will be opening within a day or two.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Can I just say I really appreciate that the spine has the logo font instead of just being a generic type face like so many Square-Enix and Bandai Namco games have done in the past?

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
Six days until release before leaking is good by for modern Square Enix. Won't ever forget KH3 leaking a month early or FF7 Remake having its data leaked through a PS Store breach.

TheExtra

May 14, 2020
Already off of Youtube, Twitter, Reddit, etc. Era is currently the only safe haven at the moment.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
We need a hair-trigger motion: if even 1 (one) physical version of a game is sold early, digital copies should be made available immediately across all markets. Totally fair.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The reversable cover isnt the white background with logo

Not my Final Fantasy

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
That would not be very useful without the day 1 patch.
We were expecting/hoping for a higher build number on retail vs. demo. Anyways, looks like it's a completely different build:

Ok so there's no version number listed on the title screen like the demo and the 1.03 build that was out there. I'll keep you updated on how performance mode feels and try and do a performance analysis tomorrow morning.

I don't have my console connected to my network (a bit afraid of that lol). The game lists version 1.000.000 on the PS menu when I click information. The demo lists 1.000.001. They said there wouldn't be a day 1 patch so it's possible this is a more updated build, but kept separate from the demo builds if that makes sense. So this is 1.000.000 of the full game while the preview version and PS demo were version 1.03 and 1.01 of a preview build.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Need to avoid spoilers but that means I can finally take a glance at the trophy list soon.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
The people with copies are lucky that there is no day 1 patch, too. It makes 100% sense to play this early.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Why is my copy not here? :(

I really hope SE ships the CE early, I'm gunna be real mad if it's late. And by real mad I mean buy the digital version too..