Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...ED_RETAIL_PARTNERSHIP_WITH_TWO_NEW_TITLES.php

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/925671876940181504
- Yoku's Island Express for PS4, Switch and Xbox One
- Genesis: Alpha One for PS4 and XB1
- Overcooked for Switch
- Worms W.M.D for Switch
DNilqEiW4AAvbi-.jpg:large

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Press release:

SOLD OUT STRENGTHENS TEAM 17 BOXED RETAIL PARTNERSHIP WITH TWO NEW TITLES

PLUS, MORE NINTENDO SWITCH TM RELEASES

London, UK - 1 November, 2017: Sold Out has strengthened its boxed distribution partnership with award-winning international games label Team17 for a stellar physical line-up of titles in 2018.

The two new boxed titles include the gorgeous pinball adventure Yoku's Island Express on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo SwitchTM and the intriguing space adventure Genesis: Alpha One, scheduled for a physical release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Yoku's Island Express - Players will be able to flip, bump and smash their way around the stunning tropical paradise of Mokumana Island as Yoku the dung beetle in a fun-filled open-world pinball platform adventure game.

Genesis: Alpha One - Takes players on a journey deep into uncharted space as the Captain of a Genesis starship. Explore a vast, procedurally generated universe, build and manage a space station, farm resources, clone crew members and fight off terrifying alien genetic mutations in this thrilling roguelike first-person survival shooter.

In addition, Sold Out will publish two more Nintendo SwitchTM titles from Team17's games label at retail, including the BAFTA award winning co-op cooking game Overcooked: Special Edition and the latest version of Team17's multi-million selling turn-based strategy game, Worms W.M.D.

"We're delighted to once again be partnering with the super-talented Team17 on their future titles," said Sarah Hoeksma, Marketing Director, Sold Out. "From the colourful Yoku's Island Express, to saving humanity in Genesis: Alpha One, we've got something for everyone with this blockbuster 2018 line-up."

Titles scheduled for physical release in 2018, in partnership with Team17:

• Yoku's Island Express (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch TM )
  • Genesis: Alpha One (PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
  • Overcooked: Special Edition (Nintendo Switch TM )
  • Worms W.M.D (Nintendo Switch TM )

Good news for Nintendo Switch TM owners, I guess ;)

Deleted member 26535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Worms physical. That's great.

Too bad that I've already bought Overcooked and my fiancé did not liked it, and now I can not sell.

Oct 25, 2017
It's fascinating how easier it's getting for indies to just come up with physical retail now. Though I guess it's because the publisher space for these sort of games is finally large enough to do them.

Deleted member 26535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's fascinating how easier it's getting for indies to just come up with physical retail now. Though I guess it's because the publisher space for these sort of games is finally large enough to do them.
Some publisher (I think that was Crunching Koalas) said that physical versions are only really advantageous if the game costs more than US$ 20.

Hero-of-Time

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet! Did Overcooked on the Switch ever get a patch that sorted out it's framerate issues? I may finally jump in once the boxed copy gets released.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
That never stopped Shovel Knight or Has-Been Heroes and the like from doing it.

I doubt they did it for making a good profit. More like a marketing opportunity.

Nice to see more Switch indies getting retail runs. Steamworld Dig 2, Stardew Valley and Golf Story should also get retail copies IMO, even if it means that the game will be sold at $30.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Yesss, definitely getting those Switch cartridges. Planned to buy Overcooked anyway.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Will these be available in normal shops e.g. amazon or is this like limited run games where do you it through a certain website?

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
This is really, really cool. Tempted by Yoku and Worms on Switch! Maybe even Overcooked!