• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

www.nintendo.com

PICROSS LORD OF THE NAZARICK for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy PICROSS LORD OF THE NAZARICK and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

details:
  • crossover with the Overlord franchise
  • the game has story and dialogue, you unlock the memories of the characters by finishing the puzzles
  • 519 puzzles in total (81x2 normal and mega puzzles, 330 clip puzzles, 27 color puzzles)
  • there's a gallery where you can unlock images
  • pre-purchase will be available on july 18th, there's a demo on the japanese eshop as well
  • price is $9.99/€9.99/£8.99
  • supported languages are German, English, Spanish, French, Italian and Japanese

trailer:

screenshots:
switch_picrosslord_01kjjk3.jpg

switch_picrosslord_02tckc6.jpg

switch_picrosslord_03izkn5.jpg

switch_picrosslord_04nxjxw.jpg

switch_picrosslord_05m0kxx.jpg

switch_picrosslord_06ajjhi.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looks great! i'm not really familiar with the overlord manga/anime, what are the chances of this getting localized?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
That's, uh, Picross alright. Are branded iterations common in Japan?
There was a Kemono Friends one that Jupiter made between S2 and S3, and that was brought over as well. We'll see what happens here, since there's obviously more to translate what with there being a story.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
S had 300 puzzles (150 x 2 in normal and mega)
S2 had 420 puzzles (150 x 2 in normal and mega + 120 in clip mode)
S3 had 480 puzzles (150 x 2 in normal and mega + 150 in clip mode + 30 in color mode)
so this has even more puzzles than S3.

That's, uh, Picross alright. Are branded iterations common in Japan?
i think so. for picross on switch, this is their second collaboration. first one was even localized.

Jarsonot

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I am all over the first picross/x mashup that releases in English. It... It's inevitable now, right?

Edit: after posting, saw mazi's post above. Watched the trailer, not the mashup I'm waiting for, but I'm in!
Edit 2: dammit. is this a mashup of genres or just a skinned picross game? must not purchase when drunk...

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty cool, honestly. Though, dare I even ask at this point, is it going to have stylus controls? I have this capacitive stylus now from Mario Maker 2, so I'm all ready to go, but Jupiter keeps making the Switch Picross games button-only and I just can't do it. Button Picross feels like being forced to type with one finger.

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
I've never even heard of Overlord but a Picross game by Jupiter is an automatic purchase for me.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I've never even heard of Overlord but a Picross game by Jupiter is an automatic purchase for me.
The first season is surprisingly decent. Like, not good enough to continue past it, at least for me (and by all accounts, the production self-destructed towards the end (I think the Madhouse production assistant that worked 393 hours in a month and was hospitalised, which ended up blowing up in the media, was working on the third season of it?)), but a good watch before bed or whatever.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I cant remember, is overlord that anime that has some young girl forced to marry an old (demon) dude? There was alot of talk about some problematic anime due to its featuring an underage girl being captured and put in forced romantic situations

Honestly dont know if this is the one (hope not)

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Lol, looks crazy. I'm not familiar with the source material but I'd love to play this, I want some new weird takes on picross.
Like a full-on jrpg with picross 3d as its battle system or something.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Paging Bigkrev

I don't what's weirder, this or the Kemono Friend Picross one. Considering they actually localized that & the Hello Kitty ones, hoping they do the same for this despite the fact I only heard of Overlord despite hearing good things.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paging Bigkrev

I don't what's weirder, this or the Kemono Friend Picross one. Considering they actually localized that & the Hello Kitty ones, hoping they do the same for this despite the fact I only heard of Overlord despite hearing good things.
i'm kinda worried since this one seems to have story and dialog to translate while for the other ones they only had to translate the UI.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Now do this with more anime franchises :P

The Kemono Friends Picross was pretty neat.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I cant remember, is overlord that anime that has some young girl forced to marry an old (demon) dude? There was alot of talk about some problematic anime due to its featuring an underage girl being captured and put in forced romantic situations

Nah, here's the premise:

BvtrYIt.jpg

It's actually surprisingly thoughtful at times.

EDIT: That might happen later in the series? Having a hard time figuring it out.

Last edited:

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018

You may be reffering to Sebas (Ainz's butler) and Tuare ( a human girl).
Tuare has been saved by Sebas and they develop feelings for each other. I dont think they married though

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
You may be reffering to Sebas (Ainz's butler) and Tuare ( a human girl).
Tuare has been saved by Sebas and they develop feelings for each other. I dont think they married though
I'm also pretty sure Tuare is an adult.
Was that the premise of Magus Bride?

Overlord is a series that can get pretty dark, though.
The main character finds that as a skeleton, it's hard to feel human empathy and his now sentient NPC minions take an off-hand comment he made to mean "world domination". And his Guild used to role-play as villains so...
When together they might seem like the normal "anime" group of weirdos, but against most other's they're essentially horror movie monsters stalking, killing, and sometimes eating humans alive.
Basically, only get into the series if you're fine with an actual evil overlord, villain protagonist.

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
I am used to play the 3DS picross games with the stylus. How good are the controls on the switch? Is it easy to get used to?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am used to play the 3DS picross games with the stylus. How good are the controls on the switch? Is it easy to get used to?
they're pretty good. personally i preferred button controls over stylus in picross DS, and considering switch is bigger and heavier it would be tiring to hold it in one hand and play with a stylus, imo.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
More Picross is always good.

I'd love to play a Picross x X if only for the triple "cross" in the name.

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
they're pretty good. personally i preferred button controls over stylus in picross DS, and considering switch is bigger and heavier it would be tiring to hold it in one hand and play with a stylus, imo.

They're fairly good, though not as intuitive as say, 3D Picross.

Do they actually have a demo on the Switch to try out the controls? I know there was one for 3D Picross which I surprisingly didn't like as much as the normal Picross games.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also pretty sure Tuare is an adult.
Was that the premise of Magus Bride?

Overlord is a series that can get pretty dark, though.
The main character finds that as a skeleton, it's hard to feel human empathy and his now sentient NPC minions take an off-hand comment he made to mean "world domination". And his Guild used to role-play as villains so...
When together they might seem like the normal "anime" group of weirdos, but against most other's they're essentially horror movie monsters stalking, killing, and sometimes eating humans alive.
Basically, only get into the series if you're fine with an actual evil overlord, villain protagonist.

I think it may have been magus bride I was thinking of, which in that case, excellent, i love me some picross

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

It's easy enough to get used to, but I've always found it an irritatingly slow way of playing Picross. You can just glide through the puzzles with the stylus, whereas with buttons you're hammering away hundreds of times and it takes twice as long.

Honestly, much as I would like to support Jupiter, Picross is just Picross at the end of the day. I'd happily buy some of the Switch games if they had stylus support or larger puzzles or something, but since they don't I'm fine with just getting my 3DS out any time I get the Picross urge. I can just delete a save file on one of the E games and start again; it's not like I'm going to remember individual puzzle solutions.

Oct 27, 2017
Just like all of the other Switch Picross games ive avoided, I will only buy if it includes puzzles that have one side at size 25 at least.

Otherwise Pic-a-Pix deluxe has enough puzzles to last me a lifetime.

Stop being cowards, Jupiter.