• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis

SEuevSBVDY1QtuCO2vEpV5TW_p0=.gif

OP
OP
sabrina

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
tu1p0m45prx21.jpg

Your avatar makes me laugh OP. I heard a lot of bad reviews about this movie, how is it?
idk. I can't widely recommend it, even though it was one of my favorite movies so far this year, because I think you have to be a very specific kind of person to enjoy the movie. It's more quirky than funny, and the point the movie is trying to make can come across as more muddled than nuanced. It's short and free though, so it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That is some serious mishandling of the cat and isn't particularly funny to me.

The person is more concerned with filming it then actually stopping the cat or actually grabbing it properly.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 33, only my grandma had one of these phones. I know how it works but it's not exactly instinctive.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Laughing at kids not knowing how to use a rotary phone is fair game. The same way laughing at grandparents trying to use the internet is funny (going to yahoo search to find google, constant forwarding of terrible jokes, etc)

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I don't know what to tell you. I'm 27 and a rotary phone was antique even 20 years ago. I don't know a living person who even knows how one of those operate and they belong in a museum.

lol! Come one now... I'm more or less 10 years older than you and I remember rotary phones very well from my childhood. They are old and antiquated, but it's not like we're talking about a phonograph.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
lol! Come one now... I'm more or less 10 years older than you and I remember rotary phones very well from my childhood. They are old and antiquated, but it's not like we're talking about a phonograph.
Im 34 and remember having a rotary phone for a long time growing up when we actually had a landline. Granted that was mainly for stylistic reasons since my dad loved old fashioned stuff.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
We never had a rotary (34 here), but I had a friend that had one. We had a pulse dial until I was 7 or 8, though. Using touch tone after that was crazy lol

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
The thing I remember (and hate) the most about those days, if you did not enter the number quickly enough you lost it and had to restart... xD

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
That is some serious mishandling of the cat and isn't particularly funny to me.

The person is more concerned with filming it then actually stopping the cat or actually grabbing it properly.

Eh, that cat will be fine, lol. Grabbing him/her like that isn't going to hurt the cat. They can push into/squirm themselves into all kinds of positions.

Cracked me up when it went in hard for the cake at the end.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Eh, that cat will be fine, lol. Grabbing him/her like that isn't going to hurt the cat. They can push into/squirm themselves into all kinds of positions.

Cracked me up when it went in hard for the cake at the end.
I'm not saying they are gonna kill the cat or anything but that's a really shitty way of handling them.

As I said they are more concerned with filming the cat going for the food then the actual wellbeing of it.

I would never grab my cats in that way with oen hand.

Kylarean

Oct 25, 2017
Gig Harbor, WA

I would say it depends on where they grew up. Pulse-dialing started phasing out in the early 60s, when TouchTone dialing came out. I'm 46 and we never had a rotary phone in the house in VA. My grandparents in MD had one because that's all their exchange could support. Eventually they got a touch phone that could be set to pulse dial.

But I really doubt that either of my kids (27 and 20) have ever seen a rotary phone.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Well maybe they should have stopped filming and prevented the cat from trying to eat it, instead of doing a half arsed job of stopping it by grabbing it by the head.
That's true. But the cat seemed determined :) .But yeah I would never treat my cat this way. I had to go with mine to the veterinarian today. I hope he will be well soon. He is the Einstein under the cats.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's true. But the cat seemed determined :) .But yeah I would never treat my cat this way. I had to go with mine to the veterinarian today. I hope he will be well soon. He is the Einstein under the cats.
LOL cats are always determined, gotta anticipate what trouble they are gonna get into.

Hope everything is OK with yours.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Yeah, chocolate can kill a cat pretty darn well.

White chocolate isn't as dangerous as regular.
A chocolate cake would not kill a cat. It's just too dilute to have enough chocolate to do anything.

Chocolate is about just as toxic to cats or dogs as it is for people (per kg of living thing). They just are idiot when it come to out much they eat. It's really just a caffeine overdose (or theobromide if you want to be a purist).

So a small dog or cat eating a high percentage cocoa 3 oz chocolate bar can be lethal (just like you if you ate 45 oz) but the volume of cake needed to cause toxicity is way bigger than what fit in their digestive tract.

Xylitol, grapes and onions are more dangerous than chocolate. Not a reason to give them chocolate though, you don't want them to develop a taste for it.

source: vet irl, and I have treated pets with chocolate poisoning (does not happen often).

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
A chocolate cake would not kill a cat. It's just too dilute to have enough chocolate to do anything.

Chocolate is about just as toxic to cats or dogs as it is for people (per kg of living thing). They just are idiot when it come to out much they eat. It's really just a caffeine overdose (or theobromide if you want to be a purist).

So a small dog or cat eating a high percentage cocoa 3 oz chocolate bar can be lethal (just like you if you ate 45 oz) but the volume of cake needed to cause toxicity is way bigger than what fit in their digestive tract.

Xylitol, grapes and onions are more dangerous than chocolate. Not a reason to give them chocolate though, you don't want them to develop a taste for it.

source: vet irl, and I have treated pets with chocolate poisoning (does not happen often).

Can they at least go back to being outraged at how the owner is holding the cat or do you want to ruin that for them too

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

Apparently my two favorite forms of chocolate are pretty dangerous for cats. Bakers chocolate and Dark chocolate...mmmmmmmmm.

When I had cats, they never showed any interest in them. Didn't know grapes and onions were dangerous. My youngest daughter goes through grapes like candy.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Can they at least go back to being outraged at how the owner is holding the cat or do you want to ruin that for them too
Lol... well people do the PETA-type outrage if they want, I find it funny. For one I am not outraged by the the way the kitten was handled, pretty amusing the way he wanted that cake.
Hey, part of I I do to make a living is sticking my finger up the butt of dog (and cats).

As for the chocolate thing, it's just of one those thing people rehash over and over. Just doing my part...

Status
Not open for further replies.