Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
As an Australian, I love a good mince/steak/shepherd's pie.

The only sweet pie I've tried is Apple Pie, and I could probably count the amount of times I've had it on one hand. It's not really a staple here afaik.

Nov 8, 2017
Minced beef and onion.
Chicken and mushroom.
Steak and ale.

All good. Especially with shortcrust pastry.

I have no interest in sweet or fruit pies, nor any of that nonsense that's just a bowl of meat with a pastry lid on top. Needs to be fully encased in pastry.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I really only like two kinds of pie:

Sweet potato pie and cheesecake with a thick graham cracker crust.

CHEESECAKE IS A PIE

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
It's such a shame that you rarely see it made. It's a hidden gem imo.

I think it's pretty common at least here i Sweden when it comes to blueberry pie though. You can find in most of the coffe places around here. I've always been curious about key lime pie, that sounds pretty delicious to me.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I think it's pretty common at least here i Sweden when it comes to blueberry pie though. You can find in most of the coffe places around here. I've always been curious about key lime pie, that sounds pretty delicious to me.

I enjoy Key lime aswell. Here in the states Blueberry is very uncommon. You see more Apple, cherry, and pecan pies.

Oct 30, 2017
Boysenberry > everything

boysenberry-pie.jpg

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm having a serious pang for a plum or gooseberry crumble right now, the Boysenberry looks nice.

Feb 10, 2018
I would not really consider McDonald's apple pie actually pie, its something else.

Also why is a sweet potato pie considered a pie but a lemon tart is a tart?

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
More pics people!
20180527_181405zssig.jpg

Strawberry rhubarb custard pie.

20180821_135226tsfbn.jpg

Lemon Tart

Couldn't find pics of the pork and veggie hand pies I made a bit back, or the apple turnovers.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Made a Plum Frangipan Tart last weekend (classes as a pie right, considering some of the things I've seen in this thread). The plums sucked and had no flavour :(

The pastry and frangipan was on point though, plums can kiss my plums, will be using a different fruit next time.