• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
IsaojjW.jpg

The first One Punch Man

Oct 30, 2017
That's sums up The Culture very well.

There's a reason people in the Culture universe say the following:

"Don't fuck with The Culture."

The decimation of an entire war fleet by a single Culture Abominator class war ship called the Falling Outside the Normal Moral Constraints is one great example, from the book Surface Detail.

Or a rogue faction in Look to Windward been decimated by something known as E-Dust another.

There are many such examples from The Culture series by Iain M. Banks.
I was actually thinking of the special circumstances drone revealing himself in Player of Games. I love how the Culture series frequently does this act of "we could have killed everyone ages ago but we were trying to be polite about it to make a point.""

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Kid Goku in the original Dragon Ball manga goes through everyone up until King Piccolo like a hot knife through butter, and only meets his match a couple of times at the end of the tournaments (Roshi and then Tien). Any time he loses or struggles it's because of something like he's too hungry to focus.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Moiraine in The Dragon Reborn (Wheel of Time).
She just walks into the room and balefires Belal. Dude doesn't even have chance to show off, let alone ever get reborn 😂

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
That subset of action movies where the appeal is just the main character decimating the bad guys i.e. John Wick, Rambo, Commando, etc.

I'd like to nominate I Saw the Devil, gory Korean thriller where the protagonist just goes through an endless cycle of hunting down the antagonist, beating the shit out of him and letting him go

220px-I_Saw_the_Devil_film_poster.jpg