• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Includes Medieval Madness, The Getaway: High Speed II and Junk Yard for $9.99. Fish Tales will be a free table for all Pinball FX3 owners. All Williams Collection tables will offer an optional remastered mode with new 3D effects.

Drain my ball if old.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The ball Physics look a lot better than the Pinball FX I remember (I think the last time I checked it was FX2 in 2015), which is good.
I'm not sure how I feel about the "remastered" tables though. If it is "press a button and it changes whenever!", I hope they include an ability to disable it.

Oct 29, 2017
??? Wait a sec... if each table is $2.99, then isn't it cheaper to buy each of the three tables seperately, than to get the pack of three?

I'm confused!

The ball Physics look a lot better than the Pinball FX I remember (I think the last time I checked it was FX2 in 2015), which is good.
I'm not sure how I feel about the "remastered" tables though. If it is "press a button and it changes whenever!", I hope they include an ability to disable it.

You have to enable it I believe. It basically turns the table into a typical Zen Pinball style table, with gamey looking overlays, flashy animations and such.

The physics do look a LOT better than I remember from Zen Pinball though. Cautiously optimisic about this :)

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
The remastered tables could be pretty amusing with some tables, even what they have shown with these tables is pretty nice, considering they're just added extra modes.

Here's to hoping they have improved the physics far enough to the point they don't carry their reputation for having the worst physics in all pinball gaming and keep people from jumping in.

OP
OP
Xtortion

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States

It's Halo Anniversary style where you can change back and forth instantly with the press of a button. You don't have to ever see the remastered visuals if you don't want to.

Here's to hoping they have improved the physics far enough to the point they don't carry their reputation for having the worst physics in all pinball gaming and keep people from jumping in.

Williams tables have a new physics model that's different from the one in traditional Zen tables.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow 3 plus a freebie as well as special 3d remastered modes? Super duper in. It was really cool reading in Game Informer that they were all shouting that Adams Family and Twilight Zone HAVE to be made at some point, but they gotta situate the licensing first.
Good to know we're all on the same page bout those gems. Star Trek TNG is also a major one that needs grabbed up. So pumped for Medieval Madness in vol 1 though. Hope we see some Bride of Pinbot at some point.

OP
OP
Xtortion

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Oh wow 3 plus a freebie as well as special 3d remastered modes? Super duper in. It was really cool reading in Game Informer that they were all shouting that Adams Family and Twilight Zone HAVE to be made at some point, but they gotta situate the licensing first.
Good to know we're all on the same page bout those gems. Star Trek TNG is also a major one that needs grabbed up. So pumped for Medieval Madness in vol 1 though. Hope we see some Bride of Pinbot at some point.

The dream is Indiana Jones! Since they've already worked with Disney on Star Wars and Marvel.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm being honest I have a super weak spot for the old "THE SHADOW" pinball table based on the old corny 90's movie remake. I dont hold out hope.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Definitely up to give this a try. The three-pack for $10 is pretty good, too, even though I'm not a big fan of Junk Yard.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Williams tables have a new physics model that's different from the one in traditional Zen tables.

I'm aware, but even despite that, from the discussion over the beta, people still found it not great and needing work.

I did read they fixed some of the complaints - the super bouncy bumpers and the speed of the bounce from the flippers, and I'm sure they'll continue to improve the physics as more and more tables are released, but it would be nice to not see the product be synonymous with terrible physics in people's minds, both for the reason of actually wanting there to be good physics and for the game being able to be popular enough to be a desirable product for people to buy tables and tables to continue to be created / digitized.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Super happy that they're releasing so soon. Medieval Madness is my fav table of all time so I'm definitely in for the pack. I'm also glad their improving the physics for the tables. Can't wait to see what's gonna be in Vol 2.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
$3.33 per table in a pack is on par with the per table cost of a season from Pinball Arcade.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to what people think of the new. more realistic physics. I've never had a problem with Zen's physics, myself.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
I bought em on Switch and spent a few hours with Fish Tales last night and Medieval Madness this morning. Overall I think I prefer them to Pinball Arcade, though the ball definitely feels more live and faster I think, and without the forgiving and really significant nudging capabilities that PA has, it's an experience that feels a little more outta control from time to time. I'm also sorta still trying to find the right camera angle, looking forward to getting my flip grip for more screen space.

But lots of great improvements, nice history presentation, better environment, live DMD on the backglass (and a camera that lets you play with it in view), and of course all the nice challenge modes and UI improvements over PA. I am really impressed with all of it and am loving the implementation. Optimistic for the future.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Ah fuck, I left my Switch at home today! Does it run at a flat 60fps? Hopefully it does in handheld mode. Then I just need to wait for my Flipgrip.
it's an experience that feels a little more outta control from time to time.
So, like actual pinball then? That's a great thing! One of TPA's (many) failings was that it never really felt the ball was wild (to use an often-mentioned pinball phrase), that it could always be controlled. If it feels a little more crazy and unpredictable, then IMO that's a good thing... as long as it's not doing stuff that's unrealistic.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Will give Fish Tales a go to compare it against Pinball Arcade

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
REALLY happy with how this plays. It definitely feels more "alive" and less predictable than anything Farsight have put out, and I love it.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, played a bit of this on Swtich and it's pretty great, much better than The Pinball Arcade imo. I'm really happy Zen has the rights to these tables now.