• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
There doesn't seem to be a thread yet on this hidden gem. It's very STALKER inspired MMO with emphasis on pve with pvp zones as well.

PIONER - 1st person action MMORPG

Your main task is survival and exploration of the dangerous PVE&PVP world

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8DW2hbLI4Y

Good day, comrades!

Alexander Nikitin, CEO of GFA Games, shares the latest facts about our company and the PIONER project, which is in active development.

Greetings, I would like to tell you about the results achieved by our company and clarify some of the realized aspects of the game:

— The game is voiced by the GamesVoice studio. More than 60 professional actors have participated in the dubbing, giving their voices to 180 game characters.

— The PIONER soundtrack will soon exceed the 2-hour length mark. The Ansia Orchestra is responsible for the game's theme song, and Igor Modlinskyi (composer of STALCRAFT) is responsible for the atmospheric and story tracks.

— The studio has doubled its staff over the last year, recruiting talented and motivated developers from seven different countries.

— The studio takes advice from clans and avid players of similar games. Some clans take an active part in closed testing.

— The game world is divided into regions. Each of these regions is an open world of different sizes. For example, one of these locations can reach 10 km². The studio does not chase the size - the priority is to fill it with exciting activities.

— "Blue Tide" is a release of energy from the station. The exploration of the Tides is an important plot theme of PIONER.

— Progression in the PIONER world is mainly about advancing expeditions into the island's depths. The player will repeatedly experience the role of a pioneer.

— The death and rebirth of your character are justified in the game and accompanied by unique game mechanics.

— In every PvE-oriented region, there is a so-called "Initiative Quest," which is an important story quest or line of quests, the completion of which can affect the situation in the region or change the balance of power.

— The developers have already recreated five major settlements with their unique designs and population. These towns now host quests and events.

— There is a special feature that makes the feeling of the game closer to a single or cooperative adventure for single and party players who want to deeply immerse themselves in PvE and story activities.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Why is everything so brown and grey? In particular that first pic, everything is almost the same colour. Horrible.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what's happening in second picture fingers but the trailer is so good. In my list for now.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Wait what? I just stumbled upon this game today so I know next to nothing about it. Care to give some links about that?
GFA Games, Russia-based and Russia-owned. Tencent invested in them a while back. But any major outfit operating in Russia has to be in the government's good graces, so you know they're funding the war, indirectly or not.

Oh, and as for the plagiarization, this is a thinly veiled Stalker universe, with gameplay mechanics taken directly from that with no attribution. It is essentially their "we got stalker at home" style.

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia
Been waiting on this for a long time now, got delayed from last year. Looks really good, some big improvements. Still no release date tho, but they say 2023.