• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/QG6gMn9vaz8?si=5qSd5Bikp9ZIFbhQ

I didnt see anyone talking about this so I'll step up. Pizza Tower, one of the best PC games released early last year, just got a huge update that lets you play as Peppino's rival called The Noise, the 3rd boss in the normal game. He has an entirely complete new moveset, various new music tracks, and other various changes to his game. Theres even a new swap mode added that lets you switch between Peppino and him at will, but you have to go find it!

If you havent played this game yet, I HIGHLY reccomend you check this one out. One of the best games released last year, and its only gotten better.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Pizza Tower continues to be excellent. Played some of this last night and the amount of work put into it is really great especially as a free update.

The new music tracks are fucking BANGERS.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
After following the development for years im still bummed that it's windows only and I have no way to play it. Love meaty updates like this long after release 😍

Edit after reading a few posts further: fuck

Last edited:

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
It came out early in 20-fucking-23 and got overshadowed by all the other crazy shit that came out last year, but Pizza Tower really is one of the best indie games in years.

Edit: Oh god fucking damn it

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
FYI, the creator of the game McPig is a shithead

They sound like an edgy maga head. You see them using slurs, trans racism, racism, ableism, allowing nazi jokes, misogyny, sexism, conservative jokes, etc.
2SF9VxF.png

latest

Was not happy when Mr. Game & Watch had a stereotype reference removed in Smash Ultimate calling it "F****try"
His user is McPig

6863d7dfea2997e79e0ba44bc50fd0cbd97e274b.png

His discord channel sure was something

KuA4pQx.png

6428a51aef785c409d64c7b27d5ff9c078343b47.png

e2779759941c1a587830589e4b4c3bdac61751c6.png

018992407d288fb9ce594148b20caab2301ceaeb.png

0924f5e7553e50221ab9322c5d21bf83f38a759f.png

2fc42b7a6284ad7109a8fc0bacf51b1dad664c94.png

6587d3358097751a85fbcc6c2ee6d2c92234f50f.png

88faa62e3f7be359c43106b6a32842bbe647ed44.png

527aecd28d6841f0fabd03f67730aaaf506fbbfe.png

052738463bfe3b614e612f7b074b1b6a63e48f28.png

052738463bfe3b614e612f7b074b1b6a63e48f28.png
They did what you may call an apology in a discord chat message. Dunno if you're the type of person to believe this apologies sincerity
jSWO992.png

source of images: https://huecycles.tumblr.com/post/710780349199826944/i-dont-pay-attention-to-pizza-tower-stuff-what

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
BRING THE NOISE.

Noise is a really interesting character, in contrast to Peppino while still having to be designed around Peppino's moveset by proxy. He has some really ridiculous stuff that negates a lot of the limits Peppino has, but messing up can send you way off course and really screw with your flow.

Videogamebear

Oct 27, 2017
Was about to chime in and say I really enjoyed pizza tower and I'm crushed reading all of this about the creator, what a let down. (Wario Land 3 & 4 were still better anyway)

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019

They sound like an edgy maga head. You see them using slurs, trans racism, racism, ableism, allowing nazi jokes, misogyny, sexism, conservative jokes, etc.

They did what you may call an apology in a discord chat message. Dunno if you're the type of person to believe this apologies sincerity
jSWO992.png

source of images: https://huecycles.tumblr.com/post/710780349199826944/i-dont-pay-attention-to-pizza-tower-stuff-what
Wow theyre a really shitty person. I'd refund it if it wasn't too late

Oct 25, 2017

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020

jSWO992.png

What the fuck

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

jSWO992.png

Damn, I had no idea. That sucks.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
As long as the game is good, it's getting the pass. ERA at it's best.

Not everyone keeps abreast of the shitty internet drama surrounding every creator, nor is it our duty to.

Like it's good for people to highlight when a creator is shitty so people know not to support them. This is the first I'm hearing about McPig's shittiness and I appreciate the receipts. Not my fucking fault or anyone else's for not being attuned to everyone's baggage.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021

jSWO992.png

welp, i was going to buy it on next Steam sale. Guess I'll be ignoring the developer and game

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Not everyone keeps abreast of the shitty internet drama surrounding every creator, nor is it our duty to.

Like it's good for people to highlight when a creator is shitty so people know not to support them. This is the first I'm hearing about McPig's shittiness and I appreciate the receipts. Not my fucking fault or anyone else's for not being attuned to everyone's baggage.
For real. Played this game when it came out and loved it, first I'm hearing about this. I don't google search every gamedev before I buy a game that looks cool.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
10 seconds in the Pizza Tower discord would've shown you everything you wanted to know. Place is an absolutely unhinged snapshot of 2010s 4chan. You're as good as the people you allow around yourself.

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
anyone who has seen a second of pizza tower gameplay would conclude that the dev is probably the most chronically online person to have ever existed
i love the game but cmon

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
For real. Played this game when it came out and loved it, first I'm hearing about this. I don't google search every gamedev before I buy a game that looks cool.

This might pass some threshold into meta-whining or whatever but it's a really unhealthy, unsustainable mentality that pervades internet culture now.

Like not only is the shitty person themselves judged, but all the people who didn't realize the shitty person was shitty. I don't have fucking ESP. It's mentally exhausting to have the burden of moral judgement on me every time I lay eyes upon a given piece of media.

What a damn disappointment about the creator, geez. It almost feels like you can't like anything without someone involved being an absolute shithead. 😔

This might pass some threshold into meta-whining or whatever but it's a really unhealthy, unsustainable mentality that pervades internet culture now.

Like not only is the shitty person themselves judged, but all the people who didn't realize the shitty person was shitty. I don't have fucking ESP. It's mentally exhausting to have the burden of moral judgement on me every time I lay eyes upon a given piece of media.

To be absolutely fair to the poster in question and possibly throw them a bone, I suppose they meant people that did know but supported it anyway/found out after but still support said game/found out before it released but intend to support said game in the future anyway. For the sake of it, I'll give no gaming examples, but in any case, I'm right there with you.

I can only know some much, I'm not chronically online and can only do what I can once I find stuff out.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I've had this game in my Steam library since the middle of last year. Only played through the first level, but it seems cool. I'm not familiar with the Wario Land games outside of Shake It on the Wii, but maybe I should take a closer look.

What a damn disappointment about the creator, geez. It almost feels like you can't like anything without someone involved being an absolute shithead. 😔
Yeah, unless you know the personal background/beliefs of everyone involved in the making, selling, and profiting off of the things you buy... chances are likely 100% that you're not going to align on issues that are important to you. Discernment is easier when it's a single creator.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I don't see anything wrong with making people aware that a creator is a cringey bigot. As long as there isn't any malicious internet behind it.

Fans made JK Rowling a billionaire before knowing she was a bigot. But how would they have known she hated trans people in the early 2000s? I don't hold it against them because who am I to? Lol. But now they know and even though she has nothing to do with the IP nowadays they have a choice.

Everyone has a right to support the work of whoever they want and sometimes you end up putting money in the pockets of a terrible person. That's every day life in this system and it's hard to avoid, but I appreciate when someone makes me aware of something like this because there are more good games than I'll have time to play in 5 lifetimes. So it makes my decisions easy for me lol.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Bummer about the creator. Here I was hoping for DLC or a sequel, but probably wouldnt anymore.

I mean the aesthetics had the vibe of being made by "this kind of guy" the whole time... so I'm not super shocked. still a bummer tho.
I dont feel its fair to judge an artstyle like that tho. I never associated 90s cartoon network artstyle with neo-nazi edgelord trash. Unless theres some history I dont know

As long as the game is good, it's getting the pass. ERA at it's best.
Not sure what you mean. Reading the thread, it doesnt look like anyone is giving it the pass.

Last edited:

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Noise is pretty fun, got to floor 3 with him so far doing all P-Ranks. I think he might be better than Peppino, but he's unwieldly so you have to learn his control quirks before he gets there

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see anything wrong with making people aware that a creator is a cringey bigot. As long as there isn't any malicious internet behind it.

Fans made JK Rowling a billionaire before knowing she was a bigot. But how would they have known she hated trans people in the early 2000s? I don't hold it against them because who am I to? Lol. But now they know and even though she has nothing to do with the IP nowadays they have a choice.

Everyone has a right to support the work of whoever they want and sometimes you end up putting money in the pockets of a terrible person. That's every day life in this system and it's hard to avoid, but I appreciate when someone makes me aware of something like this because there are more good games than I'll have time to play in 5 lifetimes. So it makes my decisions easy for me lol.

It's not that it's wrong to make people aware of a creator's shittiness.

It's the fucking self-righteous casting judgement upon everyone who wasn't aware of said shittiness because they're not terminally-online to the point where they have to comb the internet preemptively before supporting any given work. It's the fucking dismissive "Well you should've known" posts. Like excuse the fuck me for equating a cartoony art-style with Ed Edd n' Eddy or Cow and Chicken before 4chan.

It's exhausting enough to exist in this world where supporting any given piece of media could mean supporting a bigot. No one needs this added baggage of being judged as a bad person by proxy for not doing research beforehand.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Noise is pretty fun, got to floor 3 with him so far doing all P-Ranks. I think he might be better than Peppino, but he's unwieldly so you have to learn his control quirks before he gets there
His moveset kinda reminds me a lot of how Taz controlled in Taz-Mania and Escape From Mars on the Sega Genesis tbh also, strangely enough, I literally just made it to floor 3 a moment ago.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022

It's the fucking self-righteous casting judgement upon everyone who wasn't aware of said shittiness because they're not terminally-online to the point where they have to comb the internet preemptively before supporting any given work. It's the fucking dismissive "Well you should've known" posts. Like excuse the fuck me for equating a cartoony art-style with Ed Edd n' Eddy or Cow and Chicken before 4chan.
Yeah pretty much. I didn't know about this stuff before I bought the game but I did already and it's good so i'm just gonna play it, dude already has my money. Maybe I wouldn't have bought it if I did know but what's done is done already so to me its oh well.

His moveset kinda reminds me a lot of how Taz controlled in Taz-Mania and Escape From Mars on the Sega Genesis tbh also, strangely enough, I literally just made it to floor 3 a moment ago.
Def get Taz vibes from him with the biting and spin moves lol

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

It's exhausting enough to exist in this world where supporting any given piece of media could mean supporting a bigot. No one needs this added baggage of being judged as a bad person by proxy for not doing research beforehand.
No one has the time to comb through a person's past like that, I don't think that is even the expectation.

I wouldn't give anyone who thinks that the time of a day (no offense)... It's much easier to do for a singular creator vs a team but it's still difficult.

If someone is revealed to be shitty I can avoid future works, if it was revealed a while ago and I missed it well that's just too bad but I can avoid future works.

I don't beat myself up over it because my intent was just to buy something for my enjoyment.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

jSWO992.png

Fucking yikes.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Whelp, guess that's coming straight off my wish list, geez.

I'm not going to judge anyone who has played the game, or anyone who decides to buy/play after reading those posts - I just know where I don't want my money going.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I bought the game last year and this is the first I'm hearing of this, bloody hell. Guess this one ain't coming off the backlog.

I don't think it's widely known either; I saw the game ran on GDQ a while ago and no-one on there seemed to know…

Mar 19, 2021

Thanks for this post, 100% with you. I'll avoid this person's games in the future but the damage is done already. Glad it was pointed out to make people aware but it's literally impossible to know about every dev's shittiness, probably even harder for small devs like this.

Also lol at the person pointing out that 10 seconds on the game's Discord would've told you everything, I waste enough time on Era that I'm definitely not going to also go to every game's Discord before buying it…

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

jSWO992.png

Fuck, I had no idea. I feel bad I enjoyed the game now.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Want to try this at some point. Not sure how much staying power this will have for me though, I feel like people over exaggerated how much content the base game had.

Brick is the GOAT though.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I mean the aesthetics had the vibe of being made by "this kind of guy" the whole time... so I'm not super shocked. still a bummer tho.
I'd love to hear you expand on this

Already a weird thing to post but even weirder with a cartoony chibi avatar. Like is SD art supposed to be more morally pure compared to western 90s cartoons or something
And what is this reply! Lol you two have the same avatar! What is going on in here!