• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the Splinter Cell remake include those MP modes?

• Yes, it will include Spies vs Mercs AND a co-op mode

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • It will include Spies vs Mercs, but no co-op mode

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • It will include a co-op mode, but not Spies vs Mercs

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • No, it will be single player only

Votes: 31 43.1%

• Total voters

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
The original Splinter Cell game only ever had a single player campaign, and given the rumors that Ubi Toronto was in bad shape and that they were looking for a project, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think they'd want to keep this remake lean and focus on the fundamentals. BUT, Spies vs Mercs and the co-op mode, introduced in Pandora Tomorrow (Splinter Cell 2) and Chaos Theory (3) respectively have both been huge hits at the time, and have become synonymous with Splinter Cell for a lot of people.

So the question is- do you think the remake currently in the works will do without those modes, or will it bring them back?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I have no faith in Ubisoft doing anything cool ever again.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I suspect they'll keep it simple. Spies vs. Merc is something I could kind of imagine making a comeback as a standalone F2P game

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Spies vs Mercs gets included but I don't have any expectations. Could go either way especially since SvsM could totally work as a separate product.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
50 spies vs 50 mercs

They all jump out of a plane and then a magical circle gets smaller forcing them to fight.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
If it doesn't have a Spies vs Mercs mode, I don't want it! That game mode was too much fun.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Spies vs. Mercs would be nice. I also enjoyed the coop campaign of Conviction if they ever decided to do that again.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
convictions co op mode was better than most SC games.
Hope they have a co op campaign in mind.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Ubisoft isn't putting out a single player only Tom Clancy game. I just can't see it happening no matter how bad the situation might be at Ubi Toronto. The only single player only game Ubi makes now is AC. At minimum it'll have Spies vs Mercs. Hopefully it'll also have co-op but I definitely believe it'll have Spies vs Mercs. Maybe they throw a curveball and do Spies Vs Spies like in Ubi Montreals Double Agent but there will be a multiplayer mode.