• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
PoL_Gif_01_v62.gif

RESETERA OT

Metacritic (PC - 83, Xbox - 83) | Opencritic (85)

EDGE Magazine [9/10]
"It's a sensitively told story that's brought in to land with a thunderous final chapter, delivering suspense, spectacle, and a deeply moving resolution." [Issue#385, p.112]

Rachel Watts, Rock Paper Shotgun
"Planet Of Lana is an action-packed, story-rich adventure across a wonderful sci-fi landscape filled with dangerous machines, but a mediocre middle act just stops it short of achieving true greatness."

Heather Wald, GamesRadar [4.5/5]
"Planet of Lana is a beautiful cinematic adventure full of mystery, suspense, and charm. With stunning hand-painted backdrops, an enchanting musical score, and characters you care for, the companion-based mechanics and bond between Lana and Mui make this one very special adventure."

Ali Hashmi, WhatIfGaming [8/10]
"Planet of Lana is a lovely puzzle platformer with a lot of heart. The lead characters, Lana and Mui are meaningfully integrated into each puzzle, and their journey across different regions of a beautiful world is equally touching and compelling. The puzzles lack the creative punch you'd see in similar titles and don't fully leverage the setting, but the strong presentation depicting the resilience of nature rejecting an alien invasion is breathtaking."

Marcus Stewart, Gameinformer [7.75/10]
"While I would have liked gameplay to have more bite and variety, Planet of Lana is still an enjoyable and beautiful romp. The art direction and main jingle are likely the only things that will stick with me in the long run, but Lana and Mui's journey is a competent rescue mission that doesn't always soar as high as the machines pursuing them."

Harm0nica, XboxEra [9/10]
"Planet Of Lana is a truly cinematic puzzle adventure as advertised. The package as a whole is delivered perfectly and leaves you wanting more upon completion. With out-of-this-world visuals, music, sound and puzzle variety this really is an 'Off-Earth Odyssey' that you cannot afford to miss. Developers Wishfully just delivered an indie masterpiece."

Ravi Sinha, GamingBolt [9/10]
"Planet of Lana is an incredible journey. It's a down-to-earth traipse through a unique but endearing off-world setting, with tight pacing and excellent presentation underscoring a tale of camaraderie and familial devotion. Whether it's the incredible visuals or the stellar gameplay, it's worth your time."

Cody Medellin, Worth Playing [9/10]
"Planet of Lana is a pleasant surprise. It tells a compelling story with some unexpected twists, and it does so without the need to utter a word in a language we understand. The puzzles aren't obtuse enough to be frustrating, while the platforming never feels imprecise. To top it off, the presentation both looks and sounds amazing. Unless you dislike the entire genre, Planet of Lana is easily a contender for any "best of" lists this year."

Brodie Gibbons, Press Start [8.5/10]
"Planet of Lana is a profoundly moving title that couples its clever, companion-driven puzzle-solving with an irresistibly gorgeous presentation to create what is, so far, the year's prettiest, heartrending indie."

David Pietrangelo, Console Creatures [Recommended]
"If a quieter, 2-D side scroller with puzzles and touching moments of character sounds like your thing, Planet of Lana is here to hand you that adventure. It has a beautifully delivered story from the smallest background detail, the main character of Lana herself. Told with no words or text, the developers were able to convey a meaningful tale of loss and discovery. I found myself just as mystified by the discoveries just as much as the main protagonist herself. A clear-cut sign of great game design and storytelling in my mind."​

Last edited:

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Yesss so good this has turned out good. Had my eye on it since I first saw it.

Seems like the perfect game to play alongside longer sessions of Zelda.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
EDGE was the bellwether and I had a strong assumption that the game would land well. It looked great since reveal and I'm excited to jump in tomorrow!

I preinstalled it on my Series S and X, and XboxEra says it runs very well on the S. Not sure which one I'll play it on :)

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Looking right up my alley and some solid scores, especially from Edge.

Could one, perhaps, take a quick flight to New Zealand and play this evening? 🤔

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Damn - those are some standout quotes. Just finished reading Rachel Watts' review (those screenshots 😍) and I think I'll have to shove a certain kingdom-related game to the side to give this a weekend play.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
This is the debut game from the studio, right?
Seems like a big win. I'll check it out eventually.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
woah that's high praise, really glad this worked out so well for the studio's first game

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Excellent news. Seems like it could be the first real successor to Limbo and Inside (except for Little Nightmares).

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Another one for my growing Game Pass pile (when I finally get to it). I'm not that into these types of games anymore, but this looks damn good.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
$20 with a 10% discount at launch

Thank you.

I wonder how they're going to price it in EU. It's not ridiculously expensive, so I might still get it during the first weak.

The demo I played was decent in terms of presentation and mechanics but I wasn't wowed by the gameplay. It seemed typical but that just might be the early parts. I'm going to pay a close attention to how this one is going to be received. That will help with my decision whether to get it right away or wait for a good sale.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
5-6 playtime seems to be what most reviewers are saying, but I completed it in 3 hours 48 minutes (but I only found 3 of the hidden "shrines")
I will be going back again on Xbox for 100% completion.
For those curious, the game did support 21:9 and 32:9 displays on PC.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
EDGE was the bellwether and I had a strong assumption that the game would land well. It looked great since reveal and I'm excited to jump in tomorrow!

I preinstalled it on my Series S and X, and XboxEra says it runs very well on the S. Not sure which one I'll play it on :)
Do we fly to NZ for the connecting flight to planet of lana ? :D

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I wonder if the game will be sold through Humble. It's not on there at the moment.

10 overall

As for other collectables, I believe no, but I can't check achievements yet.

That sounds pretty good. Not too many but still something to find. I love the aspect of collecting and exploring.

I just watched I dream of indie's review and they mentioned also collecting pages of book I think? Something about lore.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I wonder if the game will be sold through Humble. It's not on there at the moment.

That sounds pretty good. Not too many but still something to find. I love the aspect of collecting and exploring.

I just watched I dream of indie's review and they mentioned also collecting pages of book I think? Something about lore.
I imagine it will. Thunderful games are on Humble. It isn't even available for pre-order or purchase on Steam yet, so keys and all aren't accessible yet.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
What is the actual Gamepass unlock time? Global release I assume since no new Zealand posts have come up yet lol

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
Awesome, I've been looking for something bite sized to tackle when I'm burned out on exploring in Tears haha. Seems perfect.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
What is great about the length for me personally is I was worried about fitting it in before Diablo. No worries now.

Much like Tinykin, I want more of these 5ish hour high quality experiences on Game Pass.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
absolutely day one. Was on my wish list anyway and played the demo a while back but the edge review just confirmed it. Steam Deck 💪

Do we have an OT/OT title yet?

Random suggestion:
Planet of Lana |OT| Out of this World