Shugdaddy

Dec 1, 2017
Great game although not sure how the construction will work on console and the lovely workshop mods.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I wonder how the construction controls will work on consoles? It could be incredible or incredibly annoying.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I dreamed, I prayed, I gave up hope. I'M REWARDED

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
This game is spectacular, and doesn't get talked about on here nearly enough. One of the best games of the generation, easily. I'm worried that it won't map super well to controllers but fingers crossed it's a good experience for folks just jumping in.

They waited until they were done with all content for Planet Coaster when they made that console port - I hope we still have an Animal pack or 2 left in the tank before they move to Planet Zoo 2, but I'm in for whatever they want to do with it next either way.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
With all DLC included, hopefully. I had a wonderful time playing Zoo Tycoon 2 as a kid, so I'm looking to spark that fire again.

OP
OP
nicoreese

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
Great game although not sure how the construction will work on console and the lovely workshop mods.

You can check out videos of Planet Coaster running on consoles. It played quite nicely when you got used to the controls. They did a lot of custom UI work with radial menus and stuff. You can also use the workshop to some extent, like buildings made by people.

RubberStamp

Oct 27, 2017
Very cool game. This is a very cpu intensive game as well. Would be interesting how the consoles handle that.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I really need a good tycoon game on my Switch but I guess I have to wait until Switch 2's 2025 launch. Frontier will definitely be there considering how well RCT3 sold on Switch.

OP
OP
nicoreese

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
Very cool game. This is a very cpu intensive game as well. Would be interesting how the consoles handle that.

In Planet Coaster they do put a limit on how many objects you can place. Some complained that it's not high enough, but I built pretty large parks with those constraints in place. Within that boundary the frame rate was pretty consistent.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an_61plr2aA

Planet Zoo: Console Edition launches March 26th!

Build a world for wildlife with Planet Zoo: Console Edition. From the developers of Planet Coaster and Zoo Tycoon, the ultimate zoo simulation is arriving on console. Planet Zoo brings controller support that puts powerful creative tools at your fingertips and includes years' worth of features, content, and animals from the celebrated PC video game's free updates.

Sesha

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Frontier said they were bringing a management sim to consoles. So it was Planet Zoo.

YayYay

Feb 21, 2023
Super insanely cool game. Defo recommend! The sim aspects are very fun and it feels like you really gotta buildup your park from nothing, with tons of levers to pull to adjust how your park operates and the salaries and such.

And then the customization you can do is world class. There's really nothing outside of voxel games like Minecraft that feels as immensely customizable. You can literally create structures out of shapes and decorate them with TONS of cool doodads.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason I was under the impression that this is already on consoles as Planet Coaster is available there.
More specifically I could have sworn that I played it already on Game Pass some time ago. But I'm probably mixing things up here with Zoo Tycoon.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Happy for the consoles peeps to finally play my GOTY of that year and still is one of my favorites games I play to this day 800 hours later.

Really curious how they're going to tackle the controls of rotating objects around its axis and precision work because even on keyboard and mouse it's often trying to work a jet dashboard.

Last edited:

Sangral