Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
According to the alpha platforms and EA's public stance, it's not coming to Switch, as good a match as it would be. Of the many things EA gets wrong, believing that I'd play this on my PS4 over my Switch is one of them, but oh well.

As for why it's no longer called Garden Warfare, I imagine EA didn't feel like playing homage to Modern Warfare this year.

Last edited:

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I loved Garden Warfare, was so much fun. Only scared of the potential milking with card again by EA.

It does not look like an official reveal, hope it is not fake.

Last edited:

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I don't know what it is, we all loved the first one and the second one was good too but we didn't play it nearly as much. But I'm curious about this one.

It's been a while since I played the previous games, but is that the same neighborhood map? I sure hope we get all new locations.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
Looks good, my SO is going to be soo happy when it launchs ( big fan of the first and second Garden Warfare)

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
For those of you that are saying EA would not port Frostbite on Switch only because of this. But i doubt this game is coming to Switch.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really good!

Hopefully we'll get gameplay and a lot more info from gamescom. Any clue if this game is slated for this year?

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
Consider me hyped. Loved GW1 and while I think 2 suffered from some balance issues out of the gate that took too long to address, once they finally did the game only kept getting better.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what to feel about this but I guess it's better for it to become a TPS franchise than for EA to keep desecrating the grave of the original with microtransaction bullshit

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
Looks really good!

Hopefully we'll get gameplay and a lot more info from gamescom. Any clue if this game is slated for this year?

In EA's financial report earlier in the year they said a PvZ console game (Battle for Neighborville) is planned to release in the Q3 of this fiscal year, which for EA is October-December.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I just really really hope this is fully playable offline.
The first one wasn't, so people complained. Then it seemed like the second one was going to be but they backpedaled out of that. Fingers crossed that third time's the charm!

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
GW1 was a simple, pure fun shooter.
GW2 was a bloated mess, didn't like the art direction they went in.

This has potential it be over the top with MTX the way games are these days. Will keep an eye on it to see how it turns out.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
I loved GW2 but ultimately dropped it due to the convoluted MTX progression. Hopefully this one is a little more palatable ...

Oct 29, 2017
If they keep the progression like the last game I am on board. Yes, it had what essentially amounted to loot boxes, but you could earn them quickly enough by just playing the game (one ever 2-3 matches) that I never felt like it was milking the player.

....but its EA.....so

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Did anything about this game came up yesterday on gamescom?

I was surprised it wasn't show on the Open Night Live thingy

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's even happened to this? There's been no announcements
Yeah, all I've heard is that October is rumored to be the release, but nothing at Gamescom.

I'm new to this game series (as a shooter) and it looks like a 3rd person Overwatch. Pretty cool, hopefully not too hectic online.

A couple more vids with better quality.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, all I've heard is that October is rumored to be the release, but nothing at Gamescom.

I'm new to this game series (as a shooter) and it looks like a 3rd person Overwatch. Pretty cool, hopefully not too hectic online.

A couple more vids with better quality.

Ooh nice.

Attack, defend, and support classes huh. Veeeery interesting. And I'm so glad the COLOR is back in this one. GW2 was too dark and dreary