Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I didn't get an email from Bandai themselves yet either. But I got the shipping notice from the courier service. 🤣
Ah would laugh if mine just shows up in the next day or so

Got Jyakomaru out, no stickers FTW!
IMG_8828.jpg

Gonna have to do a full set display soon

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This Zeta ver ka is my most recently released gunpla I've ever built. I never build anything this new before lol.

But anyway, I'm kinda confused by this kit. Despite considerably more expensive than 2.0, it's still missing the launcher and the massive action base. I guess there are more parts to assemble, but are they worth the missing launcher and base? I bought that Daban launcher for like $3 in the marketplace since the Zeta without its launcher feels so wrong to me.

pmj4FJI.png

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Done! Great build with some clever tricks for the transformation. Will have to do a fun display pick of the whole crew when I finish the amplified iMGN kits

IMG_8833.jpg

IMG_8834.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8836.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

IMG_8840.jpg

Now as for what's next… hmm maybe HG Go-Saurer. Or I may poke around and decide on something else

Jan 20, 2023
finally got some properly nice lighting in my ikea blaliden. the robots are very much on display properly now

and organised the shit outta my tools

AND i've got another blaliden coming tomorrow.

its gonna be neat as fuck in my study

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh no not again. So the HG Go-Saurer line is pretty fun but has an annoying choice: they keep splitting between show and toy coloring and doing half the parts yellow and half in gold. The gold looks better, and on Gran-saurer the yellow was sticker only so I just painted it all gold. Now on Go-Saurer proper the only stickers in that group are for eyes(which may look better in gold. Gonna be a bit of a pain but I'll probably paint it), and an option part I'm not painting cause it's small and id have to paint the black framing too. Cept this time now all the terydactyl unit parts are in yellow plastic DX.

IMG_8845.jpg

Not sure it's worth painting the yellow parts gold or not when it's a clear separation point(they should only be on the back wings in combo form). Sigh open for a chime in. I'll be painting all the other sticker parts barring the chest one that I like the detail sticker for
Edit: oh noooo DX.
Looks like more is joining the paint party. I get this set of forms is least important, and this is the only one with no overlap at all with the other 2 but zero articulation, separation(Cept the transparency) or stickers suck… I do have the colors to do it tho and it's mostly not too bad. Got some other spots to touch up too.
I have decided to leave the terydactyl yellow parts alone but paint the parts on the main build gold(well there's 2)

IMG_8846.jpg

Edit: messy but still looks better than nothing
IMG_8849.jpg

Let's be honest the main display mode is the giant robot anyways. Of the yellow parts just painted the belt piece and the terydactyl forms eyes.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
Anyone else enjoy the older cruddy CG box art? It reminds me of late 90s videogame print ads.
Cc47gL6.jpeg

The box art on Fandom doesn't have the decals. They must've added those in the reprint.
r6pEztI.jpeg

edit: And here's the kit!
Ih2arjF.jpeg

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
anyone built the HG YF-19? Saw it in Forbidden planet and thought it looked nice. I have the YF-21 in blue unbuilt (about half the price when I was in Japan) but I'd never seen the YF-19 over there. guessing all of those are fairly similar builds?

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
anyone built the HG YF-19? Saw it in Forbidden planet and thought it looked nice. I have the YF-21 in blue unbuilt (about half the price when I was in Japan) but I'd never seen the YF-19 over there. guessing all of those are fairly similar builds?
I've built both. They are awesome. I would say the YF-21 benefited a lot from feedback on the YF-19 as it is a more stable build. I wouldn't say they are really all that similar either. The fighter modes may look similar but the parts that make it up is quite different. The battloid modes are pretty different too. It's not just a difference in shape and colour. Highly recommend both honestly.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wrapped up this fellow yesterday. Pretty solid overall even if some scale limitations(and tradeoffs from the transformations)

IMG_8877.jpg

IMG_8879.jpg

IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8883.jpg

IMG_8885.jpg

Got one more left of the trio when it shows up. Also it has a major quality of life bonus any multi form kit like this needs: a storage rack for the parts not used in a form.

Think I'm doing moderoid Aestivalis next. Tho the head requires a little glue

Jan 20, 2023
the daban pg nu just keeps on going

i've spent three evenings just doing the legs

its truly obscene that i'm about to finish the main body

and i've only unpacked like 1/3rd of the runners

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I was deciding if I wanted to put anything else in my order at Hobby Search Japan recently, and while browsing the models found a series of pieces of nigiri sushi in model form. My fave, ikura, was in there, so I threw it in, because I enjoy weird models like that. I get the order, and it is indeed a nice little lifesize model of ikura nigiri, but the maniacs put every individual grain of rice and salmon egg on the runners. I kind of respect the insanity of it.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Nice little build, got it for free.

I can see what they're aiming with this line, so many pegs that ripe for customization and kitbash.

U0lnSpj.png
P2kMIHT.png

Last edited:

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
MGSD Wing Zero Custom looks great. I will definitely get that. My first MGSD!

In other news, 2200yen non-P-Bandai weapon set for the RG RX-78 V2... pricey but looks great...

GNBMzuXaYAEoptj

And it looks like they announced THREE more P-Bandai expansion sets for the Scopedog. LOL.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Where is my HG Layzner? T_T
Well, they announced 2 new Wataru HG's at least
IMG_8892.png

Plus a closer look at the new show version. HG Sirbine is getting a plated reprint(I just want a normal one dang it). Oh and there was some lbx stuff
(Don't worry I want HG Layzner too, especially since I grabbed his villain SMP pack on clearance)

Also still no new classic Getter kits for me. Come on Bandai give me RG Getter Robo 1 and HG 2/3!

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I'm at Shizuoka now anyone want specific pics of anything? 😆

Love the renewed OG 1/144 Gundam. The RG 2.0 looks fab as expected. Most of my pics should be posted to HLJ fb or twitter. At least ones office decides to post 😂

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm at Shizuoka now anyone want specific pics of anything? 😆

Love the renewed OG 1/144 Gundam. The RG 2.0 looks fab as expected. Most of my pics should be posted to HLJ fb or twitter. At least ones office decides to post 😂
How bout those new Wataru kits? If you don't mind, please, of course. I've been having a blast with that HG line and have all of them so far, they're just such fun unique little guys

May 24, 2019
What about the shiny new RG?

View: https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1788012225732706542
Also the AOZ Birzam with a huge dongus.

View: https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1788042437921018055
and a proto Seed Freedom Z'gok!! I've been waiting for that. I wonder if the limb articulation will be compromised because of it's role in the movie (it's a disguise for the Gundam inside.) The fun of owning a Z'gok is putting it in handstands and such, so I hope not!

View: https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1788010994104750323
Also I assume this is one of those insect mechs some of y'all are fans of?

View: https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1788018550533414998

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I think these are them hopefully this link works

Yup thanks! Really been enjoying the line
What about the shiny new RG?

View: https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1788012225732706542
Also the AOZ Birzam with a huge dongus.

View: https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1788042437921018055
and a proto Seed Freedom Z'gok!! I've been waiting for that. I wonder if the limb articulation will be compromised because of it's role in the movie (it's a disguise for the Gundam inside.) The fun of owning a Z'gok is putting it in handstands and such, so I hope not!

View: https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1788010994104750323
Also I assume this is one of those insect mechs some of y'all are fans of?

View: https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1788018550533414998

It's a reprints of HG Sirbine with a unique plating for an obscene markup. Several of us want it but just a normal reprint at normal price DX

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there were some show pics with the background teasing Obelisk and Silfer
Hell yeah, Slifer would be a really cool one to do. Need to get around to Black Luster Soldier given he's only going for $50 on Amazon.

I'm rather surprised there's no Dark Magician model kit, feels like it's be an easy pick. But then again, Dark Magician Girl probably was an easier pick for them considering she has a kit.

Edit: Ooooo, Sigma & Bass.exe from Mega Man got samples shown, plus Axl has a colored sample as well. Definitely gonna be high on my priority list. Now just waiting for them to make Vile.

www.rockman-corner.com

Kotobukiya Axl, Sigma, Forte.EXE and More Shown Off at the Shizuoka Hobby Show

This year's Shizuoka Hobby Show is upon us and with it, we get a good amount of news and updates on previously announced model kits from Ko...

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023
makes even the mg sazabi look tiny

EfSl9Yu.jpg

s7RabJB.jpg

i just have 12 fin funnels left to build

here is a fucking larger than pg sized box full of the runners required for that

inBmncj.jpg

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Dang so jealous of PG enjoyers. Still waiting for a mobile suit I truly love to get one though. Strike is dang close but my overall middling view towards SEED prevents me from dropping in on that. Same for the OO

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I do not miss that era where I was doing PGs. In general were not worth it for me.

May 24, 2019
I think I'd do the MK2 or GP01/FB for PGs. I'd like to challenge myself to something pretty old and fiddly. Spend weeks on the thing, paint it all.
I like that you can make two versions of the GP01 and put the spare parts on a hanger.

But I ain't spending NZ$300+ on a Gundam any time soon.

Built the Macross YF-19 HG today. It's pretty fun, and I'm paralyzed on which mode to keep him in.
uX7JtkA.jpeg
tbD0kPZ.jpeg
YpEgW8L.jpeg

Since it partially parts-forms you're left with either a spare robot torso if you build the Fighter or plane nose + top without the wings and underside if you make the Battroid, so I wish they included a dumb chunk of plastic for the rest of the Fighter while the transforming bits are in the Battroid form, then you could display both at once.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Question for ya'll. Not strictly Gundam-related, but I recently built a Figure-rise model of Exodia from Yu-Gi-Oh! and I'm looking for one of those super-fine tip markers to color in the pattern sculpted into the plastic. Is there a particularly good marker anyone would recommend for that purpose?