• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017
With these new goals in mind, Inaba was once again asked about the Scalebound IP during a recent interview with Eurogamer Portugal.

According to the studio head, the team would love to return to Scalebound, but the IP is owned by Microsoft so there isn't really much they can do at this point.

"Again, it's a good question! But this was an intellectual property that belongs 100% to Microsoft," Inaba told Eurogamer Portugal after being asked about the possibility of resurrecting Scalebound.

"Whatever happens with this project, we can't really do anything with it unless Microsoft leaves us. But it's a game that we fall in love with and love. If the opportunity arises, it's something we would love to return to."

Scalebound was officially announced during Microsoft's 2014 E3 presser. The game was first slated for a 2016 release but was later delayed into 2017. As said, the action-RPG was canceled in January 2017.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game seemed to be really far along. They should be able to make it.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the game was too ambitious for this gen and a new gen of consoles would make it easier to realize what they wanted to do with it.

PetyrBaeless

Apr 3, 2019
I recall a heavily reported rumor that Nintendo picked Scalebound up from Microsoft. I guess there was no truth to that.

Nov 15, 2018
If there is a lot finished maybe Microsoft is having 1 of their studios work on it? It seemed like it should have been a next gen title.
Kind of like how Retro took over for Metroid Prime 4 but this time without scrapping the whole thing.

OP
OP
Eroke

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly, I've been looking for video footage of the game.

This is the video above.

At first I saw... I'm speechless.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Do it Microsoft!

Had the chance to see one of the latest build BCD at GamesCom and the framerate was really bad (and was running on PC) but damn, gameplay and atmosphere were great!
I think with the upcoming new generation of console the game could benefit of the extra power and finally see the light.

PLEASE

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Indeed. The opportunity of wasting someone else's money to make awful games with no clear direction, but a warchest of already spent marketing, rarely presents itself.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Let it die already. I doubt Phil wants to be associated with this as its more a meme now, than game.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
It didn't look that great based on the footage. The premise has a ton of potential though.

I think I'd prefer a Drakenguard with similar mechanics.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
HYPE RESTORED

dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-unlockable-transformations.gif

Curious to see what could come out of this. Maybe they could buy the IP back after some point

Feb 5, 2018
Jun 26, 2018
Gotta be honest, scalebound was the only game that would make me consider getting an XBONE, and when MS canceled it, so did they any desire of mine to own their console.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I have to assume everyone dunking on Scalebound hasn't seen Kamiya's flawless director track record of masterpieces.

The man has not made a single game that wasn't a 10/10, Scalebound wasn't going to be a bad game.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I would love to see it back, Ms should sell them the IP back

As long as they make a deal with Platinum to treat xbox as a first class platform, I don't want to see their games skipping xbox or coming well after and depending on sales on everywhere else.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's beyond the brink of reasonable for me to look at what we got out of Scalebound and think it is anything remotely worthwhile.

Edgy headphones DMC guy rides a janky dragon. Party up with multiplayer clones of edgy headphones DMC guy and clip through shit while ostentatious music and over the top action overwhelms you, now with more RPG mechanics.

I love JRPGs. I love Xbox. I want more of them on it. Scalebound hype was built on desperation. It presented on stage and it was awful looking. A big tech demo or weird concept that should have been killed sooner.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
The fuck is with this bandwagon hate for a game you never played? It looked pretty good for how far it got. The game was still a year or 2 from release.
I don't hate the game. I thought it looked good. However, this game is emblematic of Xbox One's abject shortcomings, and any marketing campaign would have to overcome the tsunami of bad press that has long since polluted the IP.

Feb 5, 2018
the gameplay looked like a mess from what I've seen.

I understand the disdain for it, but really if all the game needs is a change/improvemebt to its gameplay system then why hate on a pretty cool premise?

The game should be rebooted as a multiplat title thats crossgen. I do personally hope discussion about this continues and they revamp the game to take criticsm if its gameplay in mind