• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TsuXna

Oct 25, 2017
Cc1Rnox.png

Steam Store Page | Official Website | Official Forums | Official Wiki Page | Official Twitter Account | PUBG ERA Discord Server (
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
)
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS
Title: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
Developer: Bluehole, Inc.
Platform: PC/Steam | (Xbox One - Winter 2017)
Price: $29.99 USD (Early Access)
Release Date: March 23, 2017 (Early Access) | Q4 2017 (Full Release)
Engine: Unreal Engine 4

3c3cEai.png

Early Access Update Schedule
  • Daily -- Server performance improvements
  • Weekly -- Bug fixes & client performance and stability fixes Critical bug fixes and improvements to anti-cheat system [Updated on May 16th]
  • Monthly -- New content/features and gameplay balancing Client & server performance improvements and new content [Updated on May 16th]
Client Optimization Schedule

[+] Initial Performance Improvements
  • Reduce the overload on the CPU and allow GPU to perform to its full capability (stable frame rates in high-density areas and higher frame rates across all graphics options) [ETA: April 14th - Implemented on April 20th]
[+] Further Performance Improvements
  • Step 1: Optimizing art assets (decreasing LOD vertex for buildings seen at long distances and decrease total amount of vertex by adjusting LOD on terrains) [ETA: April 7th - Note: rolled back due to memory crash errors - Stable implementation on April 20th]
  • Step 2: Improve rendering performance of terrain and ocean shader (ETA: TBD)
  • Step 3: Decrease the overload on the CPU by rearranging wall near buildings (ETA: TBD)
  • Step 4: Decrease the usage rate of the video memory (ETA: TBD)

ucl5S7P.png

Current Features
  • Currently supports up to a maximum of 100 players per round
  • Play modes include solos, duos, and squads (up to 4 player teams)
  • An 8x8 km island map designed with diverse topography, biomes, and locales (e.g. mountains, hills, forests; a lake, river, swamp, logging area, flooded town, school, hospital, quarry, shooting range, castle ruins, power plant, underground bunker, and military airbase)
  • Destructible environmental assets, currently limited to wooden doors and fences
  • Functional spectator camera after death in team game modes with support for third-person, first-person, and aim-down-sights viewing angles
  • Occasional rainy weather for the entirety of a round (currently 10% chance of occurrence)
  • Cosmetic item loot crates acquirable both through microtransactions and using in-game credits that're rewarded based on your performance in each round along with additional credits provided for item trade-ins
  • Leaderboards and ELO based ranking system driven by placement matches and numbers of kills attained in each match.
  • Detailed breakdown of player statistics accessible through main menu.
  • Varying movement speed based on currently equipped weapon and aiming mode
  • Dynamic gunplay with single, burst, and auto fire modes, and the ability to shoot from the hip, aim down sights in third person, and aim down sights in first person
  • Variety of melee weapons, pistols, shotguns, sub-machine guns, light machine guns, assault rifles, and sniper rifles available as loot all across the island
  • Full weapon customization options with gun mods including sights/scopes, stocks, magazines, compensators, and suppressors
  • Three tier system of armor and helmets for damage mitigation and backpacks for increased inventory space
  • Along with the typical set of healing items, stimulant consumables can also be found that increase health regeneration and running speed
  • A complete heads-up display that includes a detailed minimap and compass
  • A set of land vehicles to choose from including a buggy, jeep, and a truck, as well as a speedboat to traverse through the water around the island

Still To Come
  • Community modding tools
  • Custom servers/game modes
  • Support for 60Hz update/tickrate servers
  • 2D & 3D match replays, allowing for analyzing player movement patterns and viewing recorded matches through a spectator camera system
  • A second map to play on
  • Additional vehicles, including a motorbike and military transport truck
  • Weapons and vehicles skins
  • Death camera showing the perspective of your killer
  • Vaulting system similar to Battlefield games to supplement the to-be-improved jumping mechanics
  • Bullet penetration mechanics and further building destructibility
  • More options for melee combat, including a melee takedown
  • More maneuverability options, including combat dives/rolls

n10WEu7.png

MeDDjtU.png

How long will Early Access last? When can we expect the full game to be released?

Six months until full release has been the ETA since the decision to enter Early Access was first announced. This has been emphasized as a very strict date that the developers will be working diligently to meet. Since the end of closed alpha testing, it was never intended for the game to enter Early Access at all but the developers thought it would be more advantageous compared to an open beta for optimizing and polishing the game after all features have been implemented.

Are there plans for a console port?

Bluehole will begin working on a port for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 after the PC version has been finalized.

Ugh, another Early Access open world survival game? Another rip off of H1Z1: King of the Kill?

This isn't a survival/crafting game. This is a battle royale game – an emerging genre that has been taking the online shooter community by storm over the past few years. BATTLEGROUNDS is also not a rip-off of KotK. Brendan Greene, the game's Creative Director, is the creator of the pioneering Arma 2 & 3 Battle Royale mods and co-developer of the King of the Kill battle royale mode for H1Z1. He has been assertive about this being a unique battle royale experience with its own style, a balanced hybrid of the hardcore realism showcased in Arma BR and the arcade pace of KotK.

What can I do about the server-side rubberbanding, desync, and input delay issues I'm experiencing?

Bluehole is hard at work improving server performance and stability on a daily basis. You can help them with this process by reporting your match's Session ID number located at the bottom of your in-game HUD and specifics about the issues you're experiencing on their official forum.

http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/forum/10-bug-reports/

Why is it so difficult to discern where I'm being shot from when I hear bullets flying near me?

Marek, the game's Lead Weapon/Gunplay Designer, explained some of the nuances of PUBG's positional sound design.

Gunshot Sound

• Each gunshot sound you hear in the game has a propagation delay based on the distance between the source and the listener.
  • The propagation velocity is 340m/s so if a pistol is shot 340m away from the listener, he will see the muzzle flash first and hear the gunshot after 1 second.
  • If a gunshot is fired from indoors or there is no direct or approximate line of sight (obstructed), a reverberation effect and low-pass filter are applied to the sound effect.
Bullet Crack/Whizz Effect
  • An audible bullet crack effect created from a bullet bow shockwave is generated when a supersonic projectile passes in close proximity to the listener. The effect can be heard in the closest point on bullet trajectory line. Basically, the sound source is always perpendicular to the trajectory line, so if you hear a bullet crack only in your left or right headphone, you know that the shooter is either directly in front of you or behind you.
    1diA5lH.jpg
  • Most of our weapons are supersonic (faster than the speed of sound). This means that you will hear the crack/whizz before you hear the actual gunshot. In a scenario where you see a shooter 1000m away, using an AWM (>900m/s muzzle velocity) the events will occur in such order:
    1. You see the muzzle flash.
    2. After ~1 second you'll hear the crack/whizz (assuming no air drag).
    3. After ~3 seconds you'll hear the gunshot.
  • Bullets passing close to the player will generate a crack sound while the ones passing further away will only generate whizz effect.
  • We blend between different sound samples based on distance (the maximum distance and attenuation characteristic is also affected by suppressor attachment). Gunshot sounds within close proximity are louder and clearer than the distant ones.
In the current public build, all bullets generate a sound crack effect. We've changed this mechanic by adding a velocity check, so bullets travelling slower than speed of sound will not generate the crack effect but just whizz

Credit for thread goes to SamuraiX-.

Last edited:

littleworm

Oct 25, 2017
2.1 GB update, guess this has the harder hitting blue zones? Also pray to the holy skid row and six pack and chicken dinners will be delivered onto you.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
They clarified later that the new blue will have more damage the farther away you are from the safe zone, so it'll be interesting to see the numbers work out - like will the blue damage still be the same as it was before if you're close to the edge?

Also it'll be fun to see how prevalent the armor bug was now that it's supposedly fixed.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
I have so many mixed feelings on this game. Especially with the massive invasion of cheaters.

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my friend constantly get in the top 10-15. So we feel good about that. But what we find frustrating is the following:

1. The end game sometimes depends on luck in terms of the circle placement (of course skill matters).
  2. When we do get killed in the final circle, often we have no clue how we died. It will just be one or two shots and then lights out.

You can kind of gauge where you think the circle will end up. But so many times the circle will go the opposite direction. So basically what we found is, most people about 60% into the match will go deep and post up. And where you post up will either reward you big or screw you. If the circle breaks towards you, or center of you , great. If it breaks across the map from you, you are then forced to head into the final circles in territories where people are already posted up.

Basically, I know our skill level plays a big part in our losses. We aren't very great. But I just wish we knew how we died. Just feels like we will get really great weapons. We will have an amazing first half. But we find ourselves constantly struggling in the last 30% with reagrds to circle placement.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If I had my current K/D in pennies, I wouldn't be able to buy a Freddo bar. So all is right with the world.

JPBrowncoat

Oct 25, 2017
New York
rip PUBG.

On another note, do we have reasonable expectation of when final release will be? I haven't played much PUBG recently but vaulting + new map would get me back in a heartbeat.
Early Nov 1.0 is going to be in test for maybe 3 days?

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/3012205666575627380

We have decided to run the first test servers prior to the PC 1.0 release in early November. Vaulting and climbing feature is the main content of this patch, and it needs a minimum of three days of extensive testing. We ask you to play in the test servers, and try this feature out. We will make a separate announcement about a detailed schedule and the contents of the first round of test servers soon. We will do the same for the second and third rounds of test servers which will follow.

JPBrowncoat

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Actually I read that update wrong. Sounds like there's going to be a couple rounds of testing before 1.0. But vaulting will be tested soon.

Include

Oct 25, 2017
Was there an official word about the current crates? Will they still removed them and make them paid after the release?

Now that they sold so many copies, I wonder if it's necessary to remove this old at least.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been following the development too closely but there are features and things that have been talked about here and there, and while vaulting is getting the spotlight in visibility, I wonder if things like the full blown character customization, the new pre-match lobby, and new main menu will be out for 1.0.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I haven't been following the development too closely but there are features and things that have been talked about here and there, and while vaulting is getting the spotlight in visibility, I wonder if things like the full blown character customization, the new pre-match lobby, and new main menu will be out for 1.0.

I think 1.0 will be the new map, which apparently is made with vaulting in mind so I guess we'll be getting vaulting along with it too. Personally for me I just need 1.0 to have a proper balance and performance pass and vaulting. I could live without character customisation and that sort of thing till those are sorted.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in a few months now but me and my friends will be jumping back in once 1.0 comes out, lots to play right now but I am looking forward to it.

dee_activate

Oct 25, 2017
world
I've been playing a lot this week. Just really getting into it and got my first chicken dinner not to long ago. Im still pretty bad at it though. No good at distance shooting. But so much fun

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I haven't played this game for almost a month. I need to get on the Discord this weekend and get some games in. See the changes myself.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh now I can finally post my steam so I can hopefully play with more of you lovely people. Add me on steam ( username ) and let's play some PUBG together! Me and JTwo have been tearing it up, we haven't gotten our chicken dinner yet but we were awfully close a few times already.