• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
So in the past yea I've been playing less games not finding much that holds my Interest. When i do find a game, I'll play it to the end and then some, I play on Ps4 I'm waiting on "The Last of Us 2" and "Death Stranding" and "Indivisible" but can someone reccomend me some fun INDIE titles on ps4. I have tried looking myself but so much ish to look thru any top recommendations.

Currently playing
Horizon Chase Turdo
Xenoverse 2.

I own on ps4
Steam world game series
Hotline Miami 1 and 2
Pixel junk series
Etc

Oct 27, 2017
Are you ok op? I think the G key on your keyboard is going bad.

Plenty of indie games. Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight, Furi ... The list goes on. What are you looking for?

OP
OP
Son Lamar

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Are you ok op? I think the G key on your keyboard is going bad.

Plenty of indie games. Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight, Furi ... The list goes on. What are you looking for?
Lol I'm on mobile my bad and I typically leave the G out cause character limits on other sites my apologies

And I know its lots of indies I just dont know where to start that's why I'm asking for recommendations hyper light drifter I'll look it up

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're looking specifically for indies and have any love for Metroidvanias then you have to play Hollow Knight

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Furi, N++, Spelunky HD, Enter the Gungeon, Night in the Woods, Stardew Valley, A Hat In Time, Superhot, OlliOlli 2, A Plague Tale Innocence, Dead Cells, The Witness, Inside, Brothers a Tale of Two Sons, The Stanley Parable... that should be more than enough. Highly recommend the first three games in particular.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For something simple, try Thomas Was Alone. It makes you care about... rectangles.

It's a light puzzler with wonderful voice overs and it's pretty short.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
You're allowed to take a break from gaming. Do something else until a game takes your interest.

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
Coming from someone who felt the same these games saved me. Amazing senses of progression without the need of feeling you have to commit large chunks of time:

Bing of Isaac
Slay the Spire
Invisible Inc.

Oct 28, 2017
I get this problem a lot OP. I pretty much didn't play anything rom 2015-2018, until last fall when Spider-Man came out. I played and beat several games over the fall and holidays. Now most of this year, after beating re2 remake, I don't have the interest or strength to pick up the controller.

Perhaps when PS5 launches next year if I see any cool launch games and graphics.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I started a new playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition. I made it halfway through or less and suddenly felt like "do I really want this?" and I stopped playing and I deleted it.

I also deleted Anthem which I was playing on the side. I think that I thought playing DAI alongside it would make it easier to withstand its suckness but... no. I reinstalled Anthem but I suspect it will be a slow burn.

I started Fire Emblem yesterday which I got on pre order. I just didn't feel like playing it at launch but hopefully it will stick.

Otherwise the only game I got into last year was Detroit and it was amazing in my opinion. I couldn't stand the tone or direction or the hype for the new God of War so I've avoided it and I bought Spider-Man skeptical but hoping it would have good swinging and great campaign moments, but I walked away thinking it was just "mild fun".

I think games being created on visual slickness and "great acting performance" these days is starting to add up for me. While it's undoubtedly a quality it just isn't what matters to me in the end, and what is disheartening to me as a tired gamer is to see stuff I thought was kind of meh constantly getting praised for reasons I actually don't relate to anymore.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
I started a new playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition. I made it halfway through or less and suddenly felt like "do I really want this?" and I stopped playing and I deleted it.

I also deleted Anthem which I was playing on the side. I think that I thought playing DAI alongside it would make it easier to withstand its suckness but... no. I reinstalled Anthem but I suspect it will be a slow burn.

I started Fire Emblem yesterday which I got on pre order. I just didn't feel like playing it at launch but hopefully it will stick.

Otherwise the only game I got into last year was Detroit and it was amazing in my opinion. I couldn't stand the tone or direction or the hype for the new God of War so I've avoided it and I bought Spider-Man skeptical but hoping it would have good swinging and great campaign moments, but I walked away thinking it was just "mild fun".

I think games being created on visual slickness and "great acting performance" these days is starting to add up for me. While it's undoubtedly a quality it just isn't what matters to me in the end, and what is disheartening to me as a tired gamer is to see stuff I thought was kind of meh constantly getting praised for reasons I actually don't relate to anymore.
Shit, I am in the same headspace that you are. Need something fresh conceptually or gameplay wise.

Everything feels stale and regurgitated. Like some games might tick all the boxes for what people here generally consider to be measures of a "great game", but I try them and they do nothing for me because it's all completely expected and I've seen it all before. I find it harder and harder to get through games where I see right through the snazzy presentation into the repetitive gameplay loops stretched over dozens of hours. I'll just stop and drop so many games like that.

My experiences have taught me what exactly I'll like or dislike and my tastes have narrowed so much it's hard to get excited for too many games these days. But maybe that's a good thing, playing less games.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
I did always hate the idea of Rogue-lite games until I played Enter the Gungeon, which was a 10/10 experience. the most important thing for me was that I can play while listening to podcasts/ YouTube videos and it doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the game at all. So I think it could be a good game in your case. Also wizard of Legend is awesome although not even close to same level as ETG.