Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even that upset over the new combat system. I'll get used to it.

Even English sounds okay, but that's not what's bothering me.

Ichiban is good so far, but…,

He's not Kazama Kiryu.

I know he's coming back, but man, I miss Kiryu.

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
sg-yakuza-like-a-dragon-ichiban-kasuga.jpg

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
How far in are you? Once I finished the game, I truly wanted to have a friend like Ichiban in my life.

Tanaka

Oct 27, 2017
Felt the same way as you, and while I'll always have a Kiryu shaped hole in my heart, Ichiban grew on me more and more as the game progressed.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Ichiban is my favorite character in the whole series with a single game, what they made with him is incredible.
I'm happy that they're bringing both him and Kiryu to the new game, they're very different from each other and it can add a lot to the experience.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
We get it. But you haven't seen anything yet. I think you'll feel very different a few more hours in.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I am in chapter 2. This is actually the first Yakuza I've played more than an hour (I've played some of the originals back in the day). I am liking it so far and he seems like an okay guy who is is a bit naive but good hearted. I am excited to see where this goes. It has Kojima levels of cutscenes but I am not complaining because they are good.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Ichiban not being Kiryu is literally why he's a great protag. He's much different.

I think Ichiban is way more interesting, too. Definitely prefer him as a whole. Kiryu was good early on, but he has nowhere to go. He barely feels like a person anymore, just a caricature.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Kiryu is a legend, but Ichiban I'd actually wanna be bros with, running around getting into hijinks

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Ichiban is great and his development during the course of the first few chapters is one of the reasons he's so likable. Just stick with it.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Like a Dragon was my first exposure to the franchise, glad I started with it because I liked my boy Ichiban from the start.

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
You're saying this in Chapter 1? Seriously?

Ichi has been in 1 game and shot up to one of the best characters in the series. Keep playing.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you played the other games you gone though hundreds of hours as Kiryu. Best part about 7 is having a fresh start.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Ichiban is the absolute best, you will learn that with time. Also, you don't have to play it in English? I played the whole game with Japanese VO.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Yagami over Kiryu?! What the heck is going on in here??

Also, 7 rules. Amazing and very touching story. The game is so well written and acted sometimes, it really shocked me.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest thing Yagami suffers from is that since he's a famous actor, he has to always be super cool.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
get to the end of the game OP, I'm sure you opinion on Ichiban will change.

This game is an emotional rollercoaster especially with Ichi and how his story progresses.

View: https://youtu.be/9Kyi5ZLQjXU

when this starts playing over a cutscene, settle in.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I've only played 0 - some of 3 so I don't have all Kiryu's arc, but that's just the way I feel now 🤷‍♀️

I love how much of an idiot Ichiban is and really enjoy Yagami's sarcasm

0 Kiryu is Kiryu with all of his development, somehow, which doesn't make sense at all. It's one of my issues with 0.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Ichiban is so good I'm legit sad that he has to share the spotlight in 8.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Kiryu is great, but ichiban have a much better potential, after 3 Kiryu was boring (a chance Yakuza 6 change that).

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
I gave up thinking I was playing a movie. I ended up going back to it and got to chapter 3, now I can't stop. It's super damn fun.