• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The lip-sync for the english dub in cutscenes blows some other triple A games out of the water, they say they didn't have the time to do that for Lost Judgment but being two years out should give them time to do it again for LAD 8.
One has to consider that it was a rather slap-dash decision to make it turn-based, and you can see the seams in some of the side-content but it is impressive. Looking forward what a refined version of this style looks like.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
OcVfOAl.png

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I felt like this at first, but Ichiban is just so damn lovable. He really grows on you.

I love them both dearly.

Oct 30, 2017
Half-way through myself. Ichiban is incredible. I love him. One of my favourite game characters of all time. A complete boss. He's self-aware he's kind of a bumbling idiot, and he has never ending faith and support for his friends.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Ichiban is good so far, but…,

He's not Kazama Kiryu.

I know he's coming back, but man, I miss Kiryu.

OP I agree with you and it's part of the reason I had to put down the game. If it isn't good to you now I suggest dropping it and don't let anyone force you to "keep playing" if you don't like something. Or saying "it gets better XXX hours in" an shit. The game just isn't good imho because of this guy ....and some other things too.

Anyone saying he is better than kiryu is lying. Like, actually lying. No one who is a fan of the series would ever conjure up a statement like that. Some of the shit kiryu has pulled off is absolutely bonkers. This is a guy who has dodged missiles before. I love that man. He's so smooth god DAMN! Also Zero Majima is a better character than ichimaki or whatever his name is. Itadaki or some shit.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ichiban is probably my favourite video game character in a long, long time.
Would love to have a bro like him in real life

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Got up to chapter 5 some time ago (not even sure if it was 2021 or this year lmao) and stopped. I may try and go back, but so far, it's just so slow. Long as fuck cutscenes, long as fuck dungeons that are so visually boring (like an office building, wow), and pretty slow battles too.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
I got stuck on the fight against Reiji Ishioda and the other one ; i get killed very quickly here :(

I feel the difficulty spike here is kinda outrageous

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
As many have said keep going, I wasn't super hot on Ichi during the first few hours but man he grew on me harder than any other Yakuza character. The whole cast of that game is absolutely stellar.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely prefer Kiryu to Ichi, but they are so different that I appreciate both. Us Kiryu stans are really eating rn after the announcement, so no complaints here.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Anyone saying he is better than kiryu is lying. Like, actually lying. No one who is a fan of the series would ever conjure up a statement like that. Some of the shit kiryu has pulled off is absolutely bonkers. This is a guy who has dodged missiles before. I love that man. He's so smooth god DAMN! Also Zero Majima is a better character than ichimaki or whatever his name is. Itadaki or some shit.
I like how everyone talking about ichiban is a better character than Kiryu is talking about his actual character while you're talking feats like a dbz fan

OP, don't listen to this God awful take

Oct 25, 2017
Ichiban is easily one of the most likable, goofy as fuck, protagonists to ever grace a JRPG. Just so god damn good; the game is like binging a really awesome detective character ensamble piece on HBO lol Kiryu is amazing, for so many different reasons, but his inclusion as the main character in this game would be an absolute disaster for the tone and pacing.

Do we know if they are making a sequel?

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I've really only played 7 but I thought Ichiban was fucking great. The whole game was so good (except they really gotta balance the combat in 8).