• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HockeyGuy412

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
It seems like the beta is rolling out to certain countries by reports on reddit. Information is from reddit user gnysek
Will update information as I find out.
  • you still CAN'T change psn name
  • you can delete ALL notifications
  • you can turn notifications when friends became available with triangle on friends screen
  • you can HIDE from "bought" library (there's bought and PS+ library now visible in "library")
  • you can create teams to attend in events (was it available before maybe? never using events)
  • System wide supersampling seems to be a option

Last edited:

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
that's pretty cool but eh let us change names soon please. Why can't they also add mass deletion of friends.

it takes far too long and then you get timeouts.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
wait...so this .5 update is just............delete notification and some library cleanup?

WTF Sony....do you really need to bump a huge version number for such soft ui fixes.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
RrXAnQ6.jpg

tbiYiJ1.jpg

bkQ8xgk.jpg

CWWJtUA.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/7upt1r/550_beta_1_available_did_somebody_tried_it/

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
If there's new stickers, then I'm happy. Otherwise, based on what we know now, this looks worse than 5.00. Hopefully there's some great stuff to be found.

Edit: Supersampling is a thing!

Last edited:

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
wait...so this .5 update is just............delete notification and some library cleanup?

WTF Sony....do you really need to bump a huge version number for such soft ui fixes.
i choose to belive the focus is on PS5 right now for a fully featured launch with everything we currently have and more. right? right?

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
We'll never be able to change our names, I'm just at that conclusion forever.

And just give me a "time played" for all my games. It really can't be that hard to add.

Oct 25, 2017
It seems I also got it. Downloading now.

If you have been in any previous firmware betas, check System Software Update in settings!

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I haven't really gotten why so many want supersampling. Could someone explain to me why it's so good?

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really gotten why so many want supersampling. Could someone explain to me why it's so good?
Because some developers are not allowing you to view the upgraded 4K image on a 1080p TV, seemingly for no reason (what the fuck Psyonix / Rocket League?). This lets you take advantage of the Pro in every supported game even if you don't have a 4K TV.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
As someone who was very close to buying a new 4k TV, I may hold off for a while longer if system wide supersampling is a thing now.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the system wide super sampling is a huge deal! O:
Why isn't there a thread about this news already?

Vashetti

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
It's a brute forced AA solution. 1080p users benefit especially in case of games that don't offer anything besides higher res on pro (e.g higher framerate, additional visual effects).

Because some developers are not allowing you to view the upgraded 4K image on a 1080p TV, seemingly for no reason (what the fuck Psyonix / Rocket League?). This lets you take advantage of the Pro in every supported game even if you don't have a 4K TV.

Ahh, I see. Well then, now I understand why so many want it. Hope it's true then that it's in this update.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Out in France too. Downloading right now. See you on the other side.

If I haven't hid you from my library ofc.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Supersampling? Uh? Am I awake or still dreaming?

Very interesting. Need a thousand new screenshot comparisons for Bloodborne and the like.