rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And people wonder why Sony has had a rough time keeping up with demand lol. At least things are getting better. I got two PS5s, standard and digital, got both from the Walmart app. PS5 Digital Edition is the most quiet electronic I've ever owned, I can't hear the thing even when I'm right next to it. The way I tested it was loading up the parts in games that got jet engine loud on PS4 for me, and none of it makes a sound on PS5. It feels like a dream playing Sekiro at a flawless 60fps on PS5. PS5 demand is so high, SNL even made a skit about it, which is how you know publicity does its' thing with or without Sony's help. PS5 is all everyone talks about these days, and the publicity is everywhere. The trolls don't realize that even when they're posting fake outrage and fabricating fake rumors on YouTube, free publicity still means free sales and free attention. :) The exclusives are already pouring out. If the trolls want the PS5 to fail, stop talking about it so much, but either way, it's not going to. It already had the biggest launch ever and the GAMES are already amazing on it. Astro's Playroom left my jaw on the floor.

Not anytime soon unfortunately. We have Returnal, Resident Evil 8, Gulty Gear, FFVIIR: Intergrade, and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart releasing in the next ~7 weeks.

There are going to be more and more people now ready to join the obsessive hunt to get their hands on a PS5 lol
Never in my life thought I'd be playing Demon's Souls Remake, Nioh Collection at 120fps, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Guilty Gear Strive, FF7R: Intergrade, Returnal, Astro, RE Village, and all this other stuff during the first couple months of the PS5 launch lol. I'm still trying to finish the games in my backlog.

The big question still remains though, where is the Bloodborne Remaster? I'm sure this is the biggest remaster they could possibly do right now (considering God of War is already running at 4K/60fps on PS5). They shouldn't have capped the original at 30fps, because now we have to wait for an actual full remaster of it instead of a patch or frame rate boost.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
What? We have official data on this from Sony themselves. Here: https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/data.html

Are you saying Sony is lying about their PS3 sales?
The EEDAR report has the PS3 at 87.8M sell through in 2015.

Sony report PS3 at 87.4M shipments in 2017

Completely impossible

I'm just going off memory here but 360 passed 40m US while PS3 was in the mid 20m I think?

Wii's the only other home console to pass 40m US iirc. DS passed 50m.
NDS 53.5M
PS2 46.4M
360 43.2M
WII 41.7M
PS3 26.8M

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, thanks! Do you have rough PS4, XBO and Switch ballparks?
I would estimate the final PS4 LTD to be ~34.5M. It's above 34M as of October 2020 and sales since then have been super low or even non existent.

XB1 would have a final LTD of 29M

Switch was at 26.99M in February. We don't have anything on March yet but between 27.5M and 28M is a super safe bet.