• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I think so yeah, Shopto supposedly just gone live too but the website is dead

Thanks. I think I am going to have to just accept that I won't be owning one, unless somehow I am made unemployed and can sit refreshing a website all day. Never known stock launches like these in the recent year, for some understandable reasons granted.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This will be the longest pre-order thread ever, damn. Seeing that the launch numbers were actually comparable with PS4s (so they actually made a comparible amount), it means that demand is just thought the roof.

Jun 3, 2018
London
Seems like Germany got some shipments last week based on new local ads for PS5 :D

That's true. It was available last week and this week at four or five big chains (not Amazon). Most consoles were bundled with games or additional controllers. Shipping is supposed to happen within a week in almost all cases. And it seems like there are more consoles on the way for sale this or next week. I wasn't lucky so far, though. Demand is still extremely high.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Here in Sweden, CDON put up a small batch of PS5s for like 1-2 minutes on Thursday, and I managed to place an order 5-10 seconds after I got the stock notification email. Thought I'd have to wait ages for it to actually ship to me, but it seems it has been shipped now. Woo, might actually become a PS5 owner tomorrow!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argos is in and out for people in varying locations (click and collect) but I'm posting this late so YMMV.

Yup, my brother just reserved one. The luck for consoles clearly runs in the family after I got 3 for friends at launch and he messaged me yesterday to ask how to get one because he fancied one now and he got one today aha.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
For germany I can recommend the foraum community. They are DE/AT/CH centered and cover all major retailers. That way I got mine last week.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
That's true. It was available last week and this week at four or five big chains (not Amazon). Most consoles were bundled with games or additional controllers. Shipping is supposed to happen within a week in almost all cases. And it seems like there are more consoles on the way for sale this or next week. I wasn't lucky so far, though. Demand is still extremely high.
Got one for a friend at Gamestop last week. My brother randomly sent a link for the PS5 queue and I knew our friend was busy so I clicked it just to see how bad it would be.
I was sent to the PS5 page in about a minute and ordered one. PS5 was delivered two days later. No bundles or anything. I was extremely surprised by that experience but I know we just got super lucky because the timing worked out perfectly.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stock situation is getting better in Europe. Scalper prices are dropping fast, indicating that soon scalping PS5 will no longer be profitable.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's my birthday on April 30th, which seems like the best time to convince my wife that it's fine for me to buy myself a PS5. Any indication that stock levels in the UK will have improved by then to the point that I might actually stand a chance without having webscraping alerts or doing special tricks to add hidden consoles to baskets and all that? I haven't really been paying attention to how people are getting hold of them because I knew I wasn't getting one yet and didn't want to get jealous, ha.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It's my birthday on April 30th, which seems like the best time to convince my wife that it's fine for me to buy myself a PS5. Any indication that stock levels in the UK will have improved by then to the point that I might actually stand a chance without having webscraping alerts or doing special tricks to add hidden consoles to baskets and all that? I haven't really been paying attention to how people are getting hold of them because I knew I wasn't getting one yet and didn't want to get jealous, ha.

It outsold the Switch last month in the UK so there must be a decent amount of them getting through, they still seem to go instantly though

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017
Stock situation is getting better in Europe. Scalper prices are dropping fast, indicating that soon scalping PS5 will no longer be profitable.

I've noticed on a classifieds forum I'm a member of most of the PS5's aren't selling at all.

Demand has dropped right off on overpriced consoles.

It's good to see that people buying with the intention of making profit are now hitting brick walls...

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed on a classifieds forum I'm a member of most of the PS5's aren't selling at all.

It's good to see that people buying with the intention of making profit are now hitting brick walls...
Consumers will win this war of attrition

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think what's happening is most hardcore gamers managed to buy PS5 day1 from preordering or paying scalper prices soon after. But now more causal gamers, parents who buy it as a gift for kids, etc. are ones who will buy PS5, and they aren't paying insane 700 or 800eur that scalpers want hah.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020

People have realised there is next to nothing to play on it yet and there is no harm in waiting.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, where i live scalpers can't really sell PS5's with 200 bucks more expensive anymore. Most desperate group of people have already found one and the rest can wait.
Everyone with next-gen console is playing PS4 games now. Lack of new games makes the wait smoother. Restocks started in EU.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The tech buying luck has been confirmed to run in my family. My brother wanted a PS5 as of Sunday, managed to reserve one Monday and picked it up today after I got a 3080, PS5 and Series X all at launch

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Stock seems to be getting better now, 3 of my friends now have been able to get an order in over the past week or two.

Now if only stock for the charge stations can be improved now...

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Judging from the UK sales things are also looking better in there.
Good news for everyone looking for one.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Someone should comfort Stacey and a ton of others. GAME, CPW et all getting slammed today.

Oh i didn't say supply was close to meeting demand. I'm just saying things are "looking better" as in...they are getting more units. (that's what the charts tell us)
Although right now "getting more units" means little considering how many people are looking for one. But it's a step.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, where i live scalpers can't really sell PS5's with 200 bucks more expensive anymore. Most desperate group of people have already found one and the rest can wait.

Yup.
In my circle of friends people either got a PS5 regularly or bought one off eBay shortly after launch.

I think the consoles that are being offered right now are from later shipments. All the news coverage of 1000€ PS5s probably attracted even more scalpers.

Well, I'm not sure who waits 4 months and then pays a scalper 300€ over regular price lol

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Argh, just been informed my niece now wants a PS5 disc edition (North UK)

Guess I'd better start keeping an eye on twitter etc. If anyone has any recommendations for picking up one at retail please LMK

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Anyone in UK who needs a PS5 and can collect from Surrey, DM me.

Base emailed me earlier saying they've reserved one for me until end of tomorrow. I already have one so don't need it.

If no one wants it I'll pass on the reservation.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Got an order in at AO yesterday for next day delivery, it's still sat as "in progress" this morning. I had one in my cart at Argos this morning but put it back as I didn't want to get stuck with two.

Plus side is if you're keeping an eye on things you can pick these things up in a week now. Resale prices must be hitting retail meaning scalpers will be either sitting on units or moving away from PS5s.

** just rang AO and a nice lady told me it had missed the next day delivery window but she set it up for delivery later this week. I'm not fussed about a couple of days delay given the situation with these things**

Last edited:

Drakey

Apr 19, 2019
It seems like it finally happened, thanks to 50 different Twitter bots...
DE Bundle with camera, ready to pick up next week at Media Markt.
I really hope nothing goes wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.