Uncle Obscure

Apr 18, 2018
I'm also stuck in the Walmart "preparing order" hell. I just spoke with a CSR, who after 10 minutes of going back and forth and putting me on hold, said that they were still preparing my order. I asked how it was being shipped and she could not answer that. She asked me if I got an order confirmation and I told her I got one when I placed the order (and a hold on my CC) plus a follow-up confirmation several weeks later. She said that's what she sees on her end and then told me to wait 24 hours. I replied, what happens in 24 hours if I find out the order is cancelled? She said that the PS5 is in high demand...no shit!

Bottom line, I already have a second Dual Sense controller, media remote, Pulse 3D headset, charging stand, (plus 3 games on pre-order) and potentially no PS5. Swell.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Seeing people's Xbox's shipped in the other thread made my fears a little bit more relaxed.

Only a little bit though. I hope this worry goes away soon

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also stuck in the Walmart "preparing order" hell. I just spoke with a CSR, who after 10 minutes of going back and forth and putting me on hold, said that they were still preparing my order. I asked how it was being shipped and she could not answer that. She asked me if I got an order confirmation and I told her I got one when I placed the order (and a hold on my CC) plus a follow-up confirmation several weeks later. She said that's what she sees on her end and then told me to wait 24 hours. I replied, what happens in 24 hours if I find out the order is cancelled? She said that the PS5 is in high demand...no shit!

Bottom line, I already have a second Dual Sense controller, media remote, Pulse 3D headset, charging stand, (plus 3 games on pre-order) and potentially no PS5. Swell.

The rumor going around Wal Mart is that we can expect most shipments to be update by the end of the day tomorrow

Take that with a grain of salt but at least some people have reported movement on Walmart pre-orders so im holding out some hope

Last edited:

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
Any guesses on when Target's in-store pickups go live on Wednesday (thurs AM) ? 12am EST or 12am across each timezone?

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
The rumor going around Wal Mart is that we can expect most shipments to be update by the end of the day tomorrow

Take that with a grain of salt but at least some people have reported movement on Walmart pre-orders so im holding out some hope

I sure hope so. I'm getting nervous. I got mine pre ordered from them within minutes of it going up so Ill be furious if my order gets canceled.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I sure hope so. I'm getting nervous. I got mine pre ordered from them within minutes of it going up so Ill be furious if my order gets canceled.
Same here lol the only comfort is the only people seeing movement from Walmart are the ones that have FedEx Delivery Manager, and its through FedEx that they see a label was created. We should be good, but as others have said, shipments seem to be going out tomorrow so we probably womt have any news today.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
In regards to the Walmart movement, the only thing any of us have seen has been labels being created.

As far as when actual movement is expected, I'd say tomorrow. If we all bought online for delivery then we had free shipping which for Walmart is 2 day and in some cases 1 day but I don't think that is for pre-orders.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
I got an email from Fedex saying they're going to deliver my PS5 tomorrow (Sony Direct), but an earlier email said it was going to be held until release day. So I don't know what's going to happen.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have an Amazon order from the first night that says it won't arrive until November 26?

Litigator

Oct 31, 2017
My Canadian Walmart order for a digital edition is showing status as "preparing order" with a delivery date of November 16. My credit card hasn't been charged yet. I'm not fussed about not having it on launch day as long as I have one for the holidays and they don't cancel the order out of the blue.

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart shipping tomorrow would be so dangerous for me, because I'm still waiting on a "your payment was declined, please place another one so we may charge your order!" email since the card I used to place the order back in September got lost....

Solid Dude

Dec 1, 2017
So if I wanted to give a go at securing a launch day PS5 for in-store pickup from Best Buy or Target I need to go to their websites at 12 AM local time and refresh the website? I know my chances of landing one are extremely small, but I figured I might as well try.

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone get one from Sam's Club?

Nothing has been updated on my order. Actually says it was going to be delivered in September. Lol. I don't have much hope.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Seeing that my Target and Sam's Club pre-orders haven't moved an inch stresses me out lol

Anyone get one from Sam's Club?

Nothing has been updated on my order. Actually says it was going to be delivered in September. Lol. I don't have much hope.

Yep! Same here lol. I chatted their customer service though and they said not to worry - it'll update when scanned and shipped.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Still no email about shipping for me, and also they keep charging and then putting the money back onto my card. I'm nervous at this point.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've pretty much resigned myself to the Sam's club order arriving next week at the earliest. Especially since I haven't seen any movement since I placed my order in September.

lol maybe! But if it makes you feel better, we're all in the same boat in Sam's Club. I chatted their customer service and it sounds like they'll ship on the 12th and won't show movement until scanned and shipped. So maybe the shipping process will be super fast?

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
My Walmart preorder also has been at "preparing order" since the night preorders began. Nothing from FedEx either. Ugh. Well, hopefully no news is good news.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
My GameStop bundle is STILL in the "In Process" status.

But a friend of mine has it in "Preparing for shipment" status.

GIVE IT TO ME.

PhotogDoug

Nov 10, 2017
Dayton, OH
lol maybe! But if it makes you feel better, we're all in the same boat in Sam's Club. I chatted their customer service and it sounds like they'll ship on the 12th and won't show movement until scanned and shipped. So maybe the shipping process will be super fast?

There are two Sam's Club distribution centers near me one in my state and one next state over so I guess I'll hold out hope.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not too worried about the Walmart orders. Am anticipating my card to be charged and for orders to be shipped out tomorrow afternoon/evening.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
For those who have a FedEx label from Walmart, what weight is your package? I'm trying to figure out if my PS5 has a label or the Xbox I cancelled.
  • WEIGHT14 lbs / 6.35 kgs
  • DIMENSIONS15x9x15 in.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
While I never really doubted Sony on the golden ticket pre-orders, if you were lucky enough to get one, I just got confirmation from FedEx of my November 12th delivery. Seeing as how FedEx was the one to notify me, it probably means it'll be on the way later today or tomorrow.

Aranikasu44

Dec 3, 2018
Anyone in the UK had any emails regarding delay or cancellation from Amazon at all? I haven't yet just putting the feelers out there though?

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
i spoke to Walmart support this morning out of pure curiosity and they told me the estimated ship date on their end for my PS5 was actually Wednesday (to arrive on Thursday?) i'm in Los Angeles - does one day shipping like that sound right?

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Why are people flipping out about Amazon not shipping consoles? Amazon 2 day shipping would dictate that most PS5 consoles would ship tomorrow for arrival on the 12th. If your console doesn't ship tomorrow that's when you could probably assume you're not getting a console on launch.

it's almost like people are anxious for some sort of escape from the hell 2020 has been. And, idk, maybe they're excited for something nice and hopeful that they may get a release unit instead of having to wait longer?

sorry we can't all be as ~cool~ as you.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
i spoke to Walmart support this morning out of pure curiosity and they told me the estimated ship date on their end for my PS5 was actually Wednesday (to arrive on Thursday?) i'm in Los Angeles - does one day shipping like that sound right?

There's a lot of Walmart distribution centers so it's possible. I think we're good. When I ordered my PS5 charging dock through Walmart I didn't get any shipment notifications until 2 days prior to it arriving.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
why do you feel so confident about it......I do not even think walmart xbox orders shipped yet

Because Walmart anticipates those Xbox shipments to also arrive on the 12th on their website. Same day as PS5.

Also because I've done pre-orders before on Walmart, and shipment to arrival timeframe is pretty short. I've ordered something at 8PM the previous day and it came the following afternoon. Pre-covid though.