SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck did Sony manage to fuck this up!? Why not just give the go ahead to retailers to ship them out a day or two earlier to guarantee launch delivery for everyone? I'm already dreading next week as a European. This launch should be something everyone should be looking forward to, now everyone is nervous as hell because we have no idea when we will get it.

Pissed off/

Winged Drak

Oct 15, 2019
Just wanted to add to all the fun going on with the information I have with my target order.

My order was placed on Sep 16 at 6:46 pm and 45 min ago my shipping label was created.

No news yet on where its coming from (i live west of St Louis MO) so probably will have late Friday or Saturday based on how FedEx has been in the past around here.
Sigh...

its coming from Woodbury, MN and FedEx has only received the shipping information. So yeah my guess is late Friday at the earliest.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
For anyone who is wondering about the 11/18 date for Best Buy, it's a stock system entry and doesn't necessarily correlate to your order. The reason is that the PS5 releases on 11/12 and 11/18 is 7 days from then, including 11/12. I verified this at work today. My order doesn't have a label yet, but it shows as receiving by 11/18. Anyone calling Customer Service over the phone may get a confused call center person telling them what they see, not understanding what that means. It just means you are guaranteed the system by 11/18. And yes, dates are estimated by the carrier. So you'll likely receive label information before a carrier has picked it up and scanned it. Tracking information isn't always the clearest, unfortunately.

I have to get back to work, but if I find more info I'll update everyone here.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
How the fuck did Sony manage to fuck this up!? Why not just give the go ahead to retailers to ship them out a day or two earlier to guarantee launch delivery for everyone? I'm already dreading next week as a European. This launch should be something everyone should be looking forward to, now everyone is nervous as hell because we have no idea when we will get it.

Pissed off/

Sony should have let shipments be delivered to the nearest regional warehouse days ago.

The fact that I don't have a shipping label makes me think my console just came off a boat and is still in a California warehouse.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered from Walmart and the FedEx app finally just updated showing that my system will arrive here in Chicago by tomorrow end of day. Like all of you I have been refreshing the app over and over and over and over again while my daughter sits here laughing at me for doing so. Be patient!
I'm just an hour out from Chicago, so I really hope mine updates sometime soon. Starting to get pretty concerned!

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
From walmart cs atm.

rfsH1rP.png

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Just so people know, the FedEx deliveries require an INDIRECT SIGNATURE. You can go into the tracking info and electronically sign for it online and they'll release it your door or alternatively just leave a note of any kind saying you want it left, print your name and then sign it. They will leave it.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon shipped my Digital Edition, gonna be delivered tomorrow. My charge station is still showing delivery for tomorrow, but still hasn't shipped.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
UPS tracking number works now, looks like my PS5 needs to travel from Jacksonville to Tampa, I really hope it's able to do so with the tropical storm hitting... Currently says no estimated delivery date until the package is actually received by UPS.

MekaMachine

Banned
Sep 17, 2020
Am I crazy, I feel like I'm the only person who has a target preorder shipping by UPS. It still just says label created.

Any Target UPSer's who have an actual delivery date?

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, Amazon shipped my order, and changed the delivery time back to by 8 PM. UPS. I'm gonna see if I can arrange to pick it up in the AM right quick.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
PD Direct order still in Memphis, I'm half a country away and not exactly near a major city, No chance it will arrive tomorrow is there?

Why wouldn't it? Memphis is the main hub and they can ship anywhere in the US, Canada, wherever for delivery by like 8am tomorrow. It should arrive easily.

Some of you guys just need to chill with the shipping freakouts.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fedex picked up mine about two hours ago in Kentucky. The expected delivery update is Monday, but hopefully that'll move up. Taking Thursday and Friday off will kinda be a bummer if it doesn't make it. Walmart hasn't charged my card yet oddly enough.

Sep 21, 2019
Amazon shipped with a tracking number through UPS, but UPS doesn't have the number in their system yet. Amazon says I'll receive it tomorrow before 8pm.

Is this likely since it isn't tracking in the UPS system yet?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Walmart CS is absolutely dreadful, I hate having to deal with them for little orders let alone a ps5

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Pissed off/
...?

Street dates exist for a reason. There's a pandemic. This isn't Sony specific at all. Literally everything is slow from all sorts of places. Going even anecdotally by this thread the majority of people will have their pre-orders tomorrow.
From walmart cs atm.

rfsH1rP.png
lol

Completely passing on WM tomorrow even though I still need a 2nd order for a gift.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Should I let fedex hold it at the nearest location so I dont have to wait all day on friday? I contacted AND paid extra to gamestop specifically after they sent out that email for release day delivery but now it's coming friday..gonna see of they can refund the 25$

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Does anyone know if the PlayStation Direct website is going to have PS5s available tonight? Would definitely make the ordering process a lot easier.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone whose console is being delivered by Amazon, did your email say signature is required? Just curious. Amazon delivers almost everything themselves to my area but I've never had to sign for anything (it's a good thing in this case, I think).

That one should be coming tomorrow, and I'm selling it to a local Era member at cost. My Best Buy DE shipped today, but it's unclear whether it's coming tomorrow or Friday... fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah its happening fellas. All have been shipped and ready for delivery tomorrow. Hope those who are having issues can get them resolved and get their units asap.