PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does Best Buy usually update their tracking for store pick up pre orders? Or does it just go to available to pick up on release day?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
So folks, what are the changes I can use Bluetooth earbuds or headphones like AirPods or Bose AE2 Soundlink with PS5? I can't seem to see this confirmed or refuted anywhere.
I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Dont even expect it. Bluetooth is horrible for gaming Due to latency.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
https://old.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jc77o9/playstation_5_preorder_megathread_the_final/g9nq08a/

Nyc Target.

I posted about 1 week ago saying we are only having 10 PS5 disk, no digital. Another target is getting 40 even tho we sell about the same (sales wise). My supervisor mentioned their technical department is bigger so not sure if that has something to do with it. Technical department just means their electronics section, overall we have more space for stock. I also wouldn't say that our electronics section is small but from the looks of it it's only 10 we are getting. Not verified but one of the workers from the electronics department mentioned the shipment we get is going to be sold online for instore pick up. I'm not sure how that's going to work but this doesnt have to do with the pre orders.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Ok so stores will have launch day units available that aren't pre orders then, I guess should expect around the same for Walmart and Best Buy
But sold online only for in store pickup and I wouldn't expect Walmart or Best Buy to do the same when folks who work at Walmart have already stated they doubt they'll get any in store. (From the same Reddit threads or maybe on here, I don't remember)

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
Ok so stores will have launch day units available that aren't pre orders then, I guess should expect around the same for Walmart and Best Buy
I imagine those shouldn't be too difficult to nab if you stay vigilant the day before release. In store pickup I imagine would take bots out of the equation. Now instead of competing with the entire country, you'd be competing against the people in your immediate area.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But sold online only for in store pickup and I wouldn't expect Walmart or Best Buy to do the same when folks who work at Walmart have already stated they doubt they'll get any in store. (From the same Reddit threads or maybe on here, I don't remember)
Even if they weren't only sold online for store pick up that would still probably be your best chance to get one rather than going in store, buying online for instore pick up is faster than driving there then looking for one even if both options were available

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Yeah they def are coming soon. This the first time they had any pages up.
This page was up yesterday and the individual pages have been up for weeks but yesterday they edited them.
Even if they weren't only sold online for store pick up that would still probably be your best chance to get one rather than going in store, buying online for instore pick up is faster than driving there then looking for one
True but it's still far from a guarantee when one Target gets 10 and the other gets 40 but I only have 1 Target close to me in a Mall lol

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This page was up yesterday and the individual pages have been up for weeks but yesterday they edited them.

True but it's still far from a guarantee when one Target gets 10 and the other gets 40 but I only have 1 Target close to me in a Mall lol
I got in-stock alerts for the first time on the PS5 recently for them so a lot of activity.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I'm betting bundles before launch. And individual after. Seem like retailers trying to put the price up to deter some scalpers I guess.
At least the B&H bundle doesn't include PS+ or a Camera. I'd still not go for any of these bundles unless it was like the Bundles Amazon did with the PS4 where you could pick two games you wanted with the bundled game.

Oct 25, 2017
I've done that with Capital One on my PS5/XSX orders. They said they would have a note on file for their fraud department to let those orders go through. It's more important just because the prices for the two are the same. Also, we won't know if there's a second chance to re-enter credit card info if it declines when they're ready to ship. Better safe than sorry.

That's my bank as well so that's good to know, I will follow up with them, thank you.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Sony opened a limited Pre-Orders in my region, I got the BluRay version. See you on the 19th, baby!

Last edited:

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
My Currys email came to complete my pre-order. Went into my junk folder, FYI for anyone else who ordered there. It says you have until the end of the month to complete it.

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
I had to finally temporarily stop push notifications from Wario64 with nothing PS5 related for so long. Super useful in general, but it's just blowing up my devices too much with no payoff. So have we heard any rumors or hints worth turning him back on? Has any retailer in the U.S. gone live since that random antonline website last week (iirc)?

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I had to finally temporarily stop push notifications from Wario64 with nothing PS5 related for so long. Super useful in general, but it's just blowing up my devices too much with no payoff. So have we heard any rumors or hints worth turning him back on? Has any retailer in the U.S. gone live since that random antonline website last week (iirc)?
BH bundles and hope of launch stock, but that's about it.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Hopefully they randomly pop up again like Xbox Series did yesterday at Best Buy. For all the millions Sony said they would have, it sure as shit feels like there's a lot less units than PS4 at launch. Unless they had a million preorders when they went live that one night.

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
Best Buy had stock yesterday for Xbox Series X without warning (and Wario64 tweeted about it). I think it's worth keeping the notifications active if you really want a PS5 preorder, because you never know when a retailer is going to offer up some new stock.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

Hopefully soon. It will likely happen now since you just turned the notifications off lol. That's what tends to happen to me when I do stuff like that .

VanEpoch

Oct 29, 2017
FWIW - Checked with Gamestop just a moment ago on my 9/25 Bundle. They claimed that the bundles ordered on that date (I assume it's the 2nd wave) would arrive on November 13th and that my shipping was upgraded to overnight. The original release date on the bundle is/was 9/30. I'm told I should be receiving an email that confirms it. I've heard that before though, so I don't know how true that part of it is.

Someone on Reddit posted this. That phone number goes directly to a Gamestop rep if you needed to speak to someone. The other number shown on their site goes through slower button prompts.

Just called Gamestop to upgrade shipping on my launch day pre-order (there were no shipping options when I bought it for some reason) and they told me there was a chance the system would cancel my order so I didn't.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
After seeing some people in the Xbox Series S|X pre-order thread change the shipping speed from Amazon to brute force a delivery date, I tried doing it for my PS5 pre-order and it didn't do anything lol.

Hopefully updating the shipping speed (2 day to 2 day) didn't mess with my order though. D:

Oct 30, 2017
I know this may not be the thread, but I dont want to start one for this question.

Has there been any confirmation that the Dual Sense will work on a PS4? My controller isn't working properly and instead of buying another PS4 controller, I figured maybe get the dual sense, that way I have an extra when I eventually get a PS5.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, i think PS5 patches went out. All my games on the PS4 suddenly are downloading a patch... Old and new.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Does Best Buy usually update their tracking for store pick up pre orders? Or does it just go to available to pick up on release day?
I pre-ordered my Quest 2 from them and about 3 days before release my order changed from pre-order to pre-paring. So if they follow the same thing, a few days before release it should show an update.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Sony Direct just charged my card for my headset so maybe they're getting ready to package it and ship it. I don't think it's a temp charge since they only did it once and this time only my headset was charged.

ornery

Nov 15, 2017
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

giphy.gif

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know anywhere I can preorder the headset? If not, yall think that anywhere will have some day one of release? I forgot to preorder mine so I'm assed out right now sadly lol. Funny how I got the console and cam but missed the headset.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Sony Direct just charged my card for my headset so maybe they're getting ready to package it and ship it. I don't think it's a temp charge since they only did it once and this time only my headset was charged.
Same. They are getting ready to ship it. I checked and now my status says ready to ship, and I can't cancel the pre orders anymore.

Damn, I wish I could have pre ordered the console from them. I'm not trusting Wal-Mart....

The Azn One

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Same. My wife snagged my pre order for me at Target and was given the 13th as an est delivery date. My daughter ordered one a few mins later and was given the 12th. C'mon Target...
Look at this guy having 2 PS5s in his household.../s

I wouldn't rely on having release day shipping from Target. Back in the days, I would say yes but last few years it's been a few days after release you would get it. Best Buy and sometimes Walmart are the retailers that are good on release date delivery.