• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any details about this? I've seen it mentioned but I can't see at full what's the issue of HDR? HDR worked great on PS4, hope it's not fucked here.
Ya it appears to always do some kind of HDR even with an SDR. Still checking. But I noticed with my footage it was wonky looking until I noticed that.

**DAC/AMP DATA***
I am at the office and sadly only have a G3 Creative dac/amp.While not the best it is a dac/amp combo to test using USB.
HOWEVER it is working it is seen as exactly that by the PS5 and its volume is fine(tested in two games) it also seems to pass through the 3d audio fine as well.
I tested it with both the Cloud's duel chambers as well as my Nura and the Pulse from sony.

'Don't take this as for sure support for all. However, I can confirm that dac/amp combo works. Will cover more in my review.

Also while it passes through the 3d audio and you can adjust the profiles and hear a difference I will test that a great deal more but in spiderman so far it DOES seem to be the same effect as using the headphones the normal way.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ya it appears to always do some kind of HDR even with an SDR. Still checking. But I noticed with my footage it was wonky looking until I noticed that.

so kinda like the Xbox Auto HDR thing? I hope it can be enabled/disabled, because not sure every game will do great with this fakeHDR.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
**DAC/AMP DATA***
I am at the office and sadly only have a G3 Creative dac/amp.While not the best it is a dac/amp combo to test using USB.
HOWEVER it is working it is seen as exactly that by the PS5 and its volume is fine(tested in two games) it also seems to pass through the 3d audio fine as well.
I tested it with both the Cloud's duel chambers as well as my Nura and the Pulse from sony.

'Don't take this as for sure support for all. However, I can confirm that dac/amp combo works. Will cover more in my review.

Also while it passes through the 3d audio and you can adjust the profiles and hear a difference I will test that a great deal more but in spiderman so far it DOES seem to be the same effect as using the headphones the normal way.
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Thanks so much for testing this! I'm all set to go with my Sound BlasterX G6 and I'm so glad I didn't go for the Pulse 3D's!

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017

**DAC/AMP DATA***

Oh, damn, I really hope my RME ADI-2 DAC FS works via USB!

The question is which ones work and which ones don't? What's the differentiating factor here? Do they need to be class compliant?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Has anyone mentioned already how to get screenshots with the native quality off the system? Still only USB as option? Is it even still an option?

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Yeah based on the reviews it seems to really be the full package.
It has new games & next-gen exclusives already, it is powerful, BC is fantastic, it's quiet and the DualSense a true game changer.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I just want to see what all the hype is over this controller. It's become such a talking point there has to be something to all that hype.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'll check out later. I currently have it connected to ps4 via optical SPDIF so I don't even know if it works via usb.
A lot of DAC's do work through USB, that's how I'm using my SB G6 currently. There also may be lists floating around the net so you could check those, but trying it yourself is the best bet. :)

bboris77

Sep 11, 2020

**DAC/AMP DATA***

Awesome, so now at least we know that UAC1 DACs work properly. Thank you.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I haven't really been craving either next-gen console much in the leadup to their launches, but the great reviews for both have me starting to feel excited about next gen!

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I guess nothing on the create button yet? Is it just a new name for the share button?

Oct 27, 2017
Going to be sad booting up my PlayStation daily and not hearing the reset era system theme anymore. RIP. Hope we get themes like that again soon

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Sounds great. Can't put my finger on why exactly but it seems a straight up more exciting console than the PS4 was, and that was still a really decent piece of hardware.

Little disappointed in the lack of something similar to quick resume, seems such a cool feature.
I guess nothing on the create button yet? Is it just a new name for the share button?
Seems so.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I am incredibly excited to get hold of the PS5, got my Spider-Man ultimate edition as a christmas present from my wife as well.

What are all of you looking forward to playing the most?

bboris77

Sep 11, 2020
Oh, damn, I really hope my RME ADI-2 DAC FS works via USB!

The question is which ones work and which ones don't? What's the differentiating factor here? Do they need to be class compliant?

There are two USB Audio Classes - UAC1 and UAC2. UAC1 is an ancient standard (1998) and most modern DACs are UAC2.

The reason why we are even discussing this is the fact that the PS4 did not support UAC2 DACs at all. It simply did not see them. Only UAC1 DACs worked semi-properly with it. It is fairly evident now that the PS5 will support UAC1 DACs at the bare minimum. The question is whether it has full support for all the UAC2 DACs. Your DAC is UAC2 as far as I am aware.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of DAC's do work through USB, that's how I'm using my SB G6 currently. There also may be lists floating around the net so you could check those, but trying it yourself is the best bet. :)

I just tested it and it does not seem to work, my PS4 stays completly silent when I connect my DAC via USB. What a bummer.

There are two USB Audio Classes - UAC1 and UAC2. UAC1 is an ancient standard (1998) and most modern DACs are UAC2.

The reason why we are even discussing this is the fact that the PS4 did not support UAC2 DACs at all. It simply did not see them. Only UAC1 DACs worked semi-properly with it. It is fairly evident now that the PS5 will support UAC1 DACs at the bare minimum. The question is whether it has full support for all the UAC2 DACs. Your DAC is UAC2 as far as I am aware.

Yep, I can sure attest to that 😂.

bboris77

Sep 11, 2020
I just tested it and it does not seem to work, my PS4 stays completly silent when I connect my DAC via USB. What a bummer.
That is exactly as expected. Do not give up hope. Someone needs to test an UAC2 DAC with the PS5. It may recognize it and work properly. It would be a shame that a 2020 device requires a DAC that only supports a 1998 USB Audio standard.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Same, I'm still on the fence on which system to get and I'm really curious what it feels like to play.

Ya I love transformative shit and this controller seems like that kind of thing. Of course future implementation will be crucial but I can at least see it being used in most if not all future Sony exclusives. I already have one pre-ordered. The Series X is nice but I have really good pc for my Game pass stuff.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
The Dual Sense Charge cable is C to A right?

I'm going to need a C to C cable since I'll be bringing over my Platinum headset and the back 2 USB ports will be taken up by VR.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
The Switcher tab basically not doing anything has put a massive damper on my excitment. Still looking for to dive into next-gen in a bit more than two weeks.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
I really liked What Cultures PS5 Review, I felt it went in depth with how you jump between games and use cards, etc.

VamosTigres

Jun 11, 2020
Anyone know if you can do anything with the lights on the PS5 itself? Polygon's review has a part where it shows the light go between blue and white, but I haven't seen any details on that at all

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

PS2 launched with a firework game and mostly middling titles.

PS3 launched with Motorstorm and Resistance, both decent but not mind blowing.

PS4 had knack, second son and Killzone, all fairly eh aside from Resogun.

PS5 has hands down the best lineup with just Spider-Man or Demons Souls on its own.

Again this is day 1 launch, not launch window because PS2 was biblical in that regard.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
PS2 launched with a firework game and mostly middling titles.

PS3 launched with Motorstorm and Resistance, both decent but not mind blowing.

PS4 had knack, second son and Killzone, all fairly eh aside from Resogun.

PS5 has hands down the best lineup with just Spider-Man or Demons Souls on its own.

Again this is day 1 launch, not launch window because PS2 was biblical in that regard.

Motorstorm wasn't a launch game.

You take what you said about Knack back!

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Care to list a better one? I'm not into either Spiderman or Demons but even i can acknowledge that it's better than any other launch Lineup from them.
Based on his previous posts games available on PS4 don't count. Godfall is available for for PC as well, so that doesn't count either. And Demon's Souls is a remake, so it's not "really" a real PS5 game. So yeah.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
So that Create button changing names was literally for no reason. Cool.

So mad that it doesn't have quick resume.