• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gears 5 would have higher numbers if it was a gameplay demo.

Instead it's a long cutscene spliced with a short trailer at the end.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given their length I'm quite impressed with how many views the Sonya exclusives have accumulated

Yes Ellie, yes gay icon

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Forza Horizon has got to be 1 of the biggest surprise hits this gen right? Went from a fairly popular spin-off series to arguably MS' second biggest I.P this gen (*not including Minecraft, but if you do 3rd biggest ain't too bad).

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Halo showed an extremely short ambiguous teaser. TLOU showed a long and very insane gameplay trailer.

Also OP I get this is based around exclusives but weren't the big Xbox trailers Jump Force, Shadows Die Twice, and most importantly Cyberpunk 2077?
Those say more about the game themselves than the Xbox conference. I think OP is comparing the system's games directly in popularity, views etc...

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For people asking for updated numbers, they're updated live here and take into account multiple channels that have posted the trailer instead of just one:

http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=6396.0

Here's the current Top 5:

1. 6,863,530 views Cyberpunk 2077
2. 5,872,044 views The Elder Scrolls VI
3. 5,449,445 views The Last of Us Part II
4. 5,034,988 views Halo Infinite
5. 4,968,273 views Devil May Cry 5

The reversal between Sony and Microsoft exclusives popularity this gen has been pretty big:

Right this is why I said MS won E3 (even though it's just barely). Cyberpunk, Halo Infinite, and DMCV all debuted at MS.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You don't need to explain anything to me. You made a factually incorrect statement, and have been called out on it.

You have since added nothing to your original hot-take to expand or prove your statement (because you can't, as you are incorrect).

I shall leave this as it stands so as to not derail the thread further into the abyss of the biggest of big game lists.
So you are the latter it seems, denial indeed.

Jokegeta

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Im not sure why anyone is surprised by the gears stats. It was pretty apparent after Judgement that the series had ran its course. Im more surprised that Halo had good viewing numbers.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=6396.0

I think.

Right this is why I said MS won E3 (even though it's just barely). Cyberpunk, Halo Infinite, and DMCV all debuted at MS.

Difference is that when people think Cyberpunk and DMCV they don't automatically think MS, with DMCV I actually think people think Sony.

Halo Infinite is MS.

TLOU is Sony.

Looking at Amazon US best seller sales, KH3, Fallout 76 etc. are all high up on PS4, but lower on Xbone.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
So, these metrics have been relatively favorable to Microsoft (Halo and Forza Horizon in particular) when considering the respective installed user bases?

That said, Gears of War seems to be in a strong popularity decline according to these numbers.

Mokubba

Oct 27, 2017
Sony's 4 are doing pretty well.
Expected Spider-Man to be higher though but it's no slouch.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Oh wow, death Stranding and GoT coming after Halo. Both are going to overtake Halo in a few hours :D

So happy for new IPs getting so many views

OP
OP
OG_Thrills

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, death Stranding and GoT coming after Halo. Both are going to overtake Halo in a few hours :D

So happy for new IPs getting so many views

The numbers are astounding. I didn't expect GOT to be on the heals of a behemoth like Halo or for the 3 Gears games to have such low views. I think people have put forward solid arguments as to why that is in this thread. I'm sure Gears will do well when all is said and done.

rahzel

Oct 27, 2017
Halo showed an extremely short ambiguous teaser. TLOU showed a long and very insane gameplay trailer.

Also OP I get this is based around exclusives but weren't the big Xbox trailers Jump Force, Shadows Die Twice, and most importantly Cyberpunk 2077?
I think reveal trailers of popular IPs tend to get the most hits. This is TLoU2's like 4th video.

Mind you they're much older, but some other reveal trailers from the main Playstation youtube channel alone are:
TLoU2: 8M
Uncharted 4: 10M
Spider-Man: 16M
God of War: 19M

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
The numbers are astounding. I didn't expect GOT to be on the heals of a behemoth like Halo or for the 3 Gears games to have such low views. I think people have put forward solid arguments as to why that is in this thread. I'm sure Gears will do well when all is said and done.

Yup. And I am so so happy for Sucker Punch and GoT. Game looks unbelievable. They deserve all those views for that insanely gorgeous gameplay trailer.

Also another thing that I have noticed is that Sony exclusives are all 8-10 minute gameplay videos yet they have such views. Compare it to other videos which are mostly 1-2 minute trailers, that makes it even more special for PS4 exclusives

Last edited:
OP
OP
OG_Thrills

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. And I am so so happy for Sucker Punch and GoT. Game looks unbelievable. They deserve all those views for that insanely gorgeous gameplay trailer.

Also another thing that I have noticed is that Sony exclusives are all 8-10 minute gameplay videos yet they have such views. Compare it to other videos which are mostly 1-2 minute trailers, that makes it even more special for PS4 exclusives

Plus the other trailers have a 24 hour head start in terms of views.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Wow didn't see GoT getting all this attention, great
GG made the jump into the top tier of PlayStation developers with HZD. I see SP doing the same with GoT.

At Bend I also see them making a big leap forward. Perhaps not in terms of outright critical reception but mainstream popularity. DG is really pulling in the numbers on YouTube.

Nov 12, 2017

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
GG made the jump into the top tier of PlayStation developers with HZD. I see SP doing the same with GoT.

At Bend I also see them making a big leap forward. Perhaps not in terms of outright critical reception but mainstream popularity. DG is really pulling in the numbers on YouTube.
Totally agree, I am glad SP is finally going to be recognised as one of the top devs

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Hurts to see Gears 5 with such low numbers. Hopefully it can pick up steam closer to launch as it looks to have the potential to unseat Gears 3 as my favorite in the series.

Hopefully all those Fallout 76 means a huge player base at launch. Looking forward to it myself and my most anticipated game left this year.

Jeffrey Guang

Nov 4, 2017
Taiwn
Yeah we play games not presentations, in a couple months no one will care ms had a better e3, what we will care is about the exclusives that come out.

Well, actually, people play games, not exclusives.
Nobody will care about exclusives when Red Dead Redemption 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 come out.
What they will care then is which machine has the best performance per dollar on these games.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nobody will care about exclusives when Red Dead Redemption 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 come out.
What they will care then is which machine has the best performance per dollar on these games.
God of War, Last of Us, Horizon, Detroit, Zelda BotW, Mario Odessy prove you wrong. Spider man is the next big Sony title.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Reading this after the announcement of TLOU1 selling 17 million units is hilarious

Inti

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah we play games not presentations, in a couple months no one will care ms had a better e3, what we will care is about the exclusives that come out.

And both have excellent exclusives in the pipeline. Sea of Thieves DLC, PUBG DLC, Forza Horizon 4, Spider Man, Below, Black Desert, God of War DLC, Crackdown 3, Days Gone, Ashen, Cuphead DLC, Tunic, Battle Toads, Gears 5, Dreams, Ori, Halo Infinite, Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and all the un announced games for 2019, there always is. Sony has a bunch of excellent quality studios and MS with the new acquisitions, well, excited to see what comes next. Truly and amazing time to have a PC/Xbox and a PS4. Hell, even the Switch is killing it and the E3 was "okay". Gamers are so lucky.