• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is Gears 5 so low? This upsets me; it's my favorite IP from Xbox.
Disclaimer: I haven't played a Gears game in 10 years and even then, it was mainly through some sessions with my Xbox friend at the time.

But I will say that there's something about Gears 5 that's giving me flashbacks to Killzone 3. It's coming too soon and it doesn't look like it's breaking new ground either when looking at it from the eye of a casual viewer. More importantly, the series' overall aesthetic and tone feels like it has a problem trying to break out of its last-gen roots even if it is clearly trying. This is especially when its characters look like the exact definition of the bald space marine stereotype.

gates2

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Goes to show you how far the Gears brand has fallen thanks to the mediocrity that was Gears 4. Franchise fatigue is a real thing. Seems like Halo at least is garnering great interest. Nothing stops the MC.

GoW: Ascension also felt like franchise fatique... however, as you know 2018 is regarded as one of the best games of the generation, not to mention the best in the series. It is thus completely possible a potential gears reboot will put it back on the map.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Gears had also two announce trailers. Wich probably hurts it. But i see already people calling Gears 4 with a 8.5 mc mediocre. So i guess its better to go as already see how this is gonna go.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Err yeah sure if you compare exclusives. But if you want to compare which conference was the more enjoyable to sit through it would be Microsoft

Microsoft was the more traditional conference and walked away the winner.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gears 5 deserves better.

The games feel super stale. It just seems like the ultimate niche thing now, they don't feel like they've evolved very much from 2006 and they don't feel as good as other third person shooters that have come out (all IMO of course).

Err yeah sure if you compare exclusives. But if you want to compare which conference was the more enjoyable to sit through it would be Microsoft

Microsoft was the more traditional conference and walked away the winner.

Yeah the Sony conference sucked. I can't care any less about TLOU and I'm worried that Ghosts is just going to be another wannabe movie like other Sony first party stuff. Nioh is the saving grace of that show for me.

Mike Armbrust

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tracking all videos (300+) if you want more data: https://www.resetera.com/threads/e3-youtube-views-and-statistics-all-trailers-tracked.48342/

9PsgiNM.png

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Last of Us 2 will be Sony's best selling exclusive of the generation when all is said and done

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought the Gears 5 footage looked amazing. I imagine the low numbers might partly be down to having more than one trailer.

Last of Us numbers aren't surprising, demo was incredible.

Oct 25, 2017
Halo is Halo. It'll always get lots of views.

But it seems games with lengthy demos have the most viewership.

And this isn't a thread about who "won" it's just an interesting look to see what games are getting the attention. No shock TLOU2 is leading the pack less than 24 hours later.

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
Um, why does nobody care about the greatest shooter in the history of Xbox, Gears? Under 1M views? Not even 500k?

One of the few reasons I even bought an Xbox one.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is it fair to compare trailer counts of videos that have only been up for a few hours vs trailers that have been up for two days?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
That wasn't your point though, you're making a completely different argument now!

No, my argument is that Sony didn't show a fucking logo and say clap for us. They showed trailers AND actual gameplay. Sure MS showed Gears, which looked great to me, but other than that what did we get that's new and exciting? Crackdown has been the same story every year, so I'm sorry but that shit just doesn't count. Forza Horizon looks great, but honestly there was zero question it was going to be there. It's the only franchise MS has actually committed to on a regular timeline. The games that were announced last year at Sony's conference, were playable at this one. I'm happy MS is investing in gaming, but touting a list of acquisitions doesn't give me anything to play in the near future. They even relied on the crutch from last year, by making mention of awesome new hardware coming. At some point, MS need to start delivering exclusive games. I love my X, but I have nothing exclusive to play, and the conference did nothing to change that for me.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
More views for PS4 games, but most people think Xbox won between the two. Interesting disparity

cluk

May 22, 2018
As for non exclusive E3 trailers:

Sekiro - 1.4
Doom Eternal - 2.1m
Elder Scrolls 6 - 4.4m
Cyberpunk 2077 - 5.1m
So, so happy for CDPR. Game is gonna be phenomenal and could not be more excited.

As for the conferences... there is no doubt in my mind that MS put on a better show. More fluid, no live shit. Neither side had anything huge it's just the format of the MS show was better. Plus MS had Cyberpunk. Also I was disappointed in the Death Stranding footage — still don't know what's going on and at this point it's getting old.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Overal Microsoft won the conference, thanks those amazing multiplatform games they showed us.

Exclusive wise Sony was far ahead.

Oct 25, 2017
So, so happy for CDPR. Game is gonna be phenomenal and could not be more excited.

As for the conferences... there is no doubt in my mind that MS put on a better show. More fluid, no live shit. Neither side had anything huge it's just the format of the MS show was better. Plus MS had Cyberpunk. Also I was disappointed in the Death Stranding footage — still don't know what's going on and at this point it's getting old.

I mean you got gameplay. So we know what the game will look like. I just want to see combat.

But I also don't want to know everything that's going on. I mean yes eventually we'll need and overview of the plot. But the game is coming out late 2019 at the earliest. I can wait.

Apr 21, 2018
I thought Gears 5 looked great and I'm pretty surprised the views are so low. I never play GOW4 and didn't realize there was such a damper on the series.

Maybe Gears 5 should have been a new IP.