• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (3 days): Trolling over a series of posts; history of same
Okay so the posts here were very bad by me, I thought that the US was testing a lot of people so the low confirmed count of cases was accurate and I was on edge because my wife's friend had just been racially profiled.

But still very bad posts.

Last edited:

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
They absolutely deserved to be mocked constantly. There are 12 people infected with coronavirus in the United States. This is incredibly stupid.
No it is not, what the hell

Taking precautions at the time of a globally declared health emergency is not "incredibly stupid". Believe it or not, there are things more important than video games.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised by the announcement, I figured the Playstation booth would be manned exclusively by their US employees.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Reading that blog post, ffvii remake and tlou 2 will still be there so what's the problem?
You're reading it incorrectly. That was the original blog post listing what they'd be doing, which they then updated at the top to say that none of it would be happening.

As in, it sounds like there won't be a Sony booth at all, so no demos of any games. The PAX staff has to be scrambling as that is a MASSIVE hole to fill on the show floor.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
That's odd, like the staff can wear masks to avoid getting the virus 🤔
They hire the booth people to but eh, it is what it is
Unless they fly in people from their headquarters to help demo stuff, idk

lmao this might be the most ridiculous post on this entire forum.

"Hey massive company, stop thinking about your employees and think about the consumer!"

Also, there's not even good enough evidence that face masks work to keep infectious diseases out. They're designed to keep them in. Don't believe me? Here's a journal publication from the CDC on it: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/15/2/08-1167_article

Oct 26, 2017
Okay so the posts here were very bad by me, I thought that the US was testing a lot of people so the low confirmed count of cases was accurate and I was on edge because my wife's friend had just been racially profiled.

But still very bad posts.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Sussex, England, UK
Anyone who has been following the cruise ship docked in Japan, can see how the virus in a packed space seems to be very contagious and can get out of control very quickly. People would be flying in to Boston, and a lot of those from China. Disappointing but understandable.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I really don't believe next gen is going to be delayed.

Pax east cancelled is one thing. Launching in november for those brands is key, imo.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Probably for the best.

I've got a holiday planned for Dublin coming up and I'm worried about going. I would no way got to a convention

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
It's a global health emergency that has affected 15 people in the United States

We should cancel all gaming events to protect ourselves from the 5G.

The coronavirus is an extremely serious and horrible situation for older people in Hubei but the level of hype it's getting in the United States is just dumb.
It's affected 15 people because people are being careful. Which means measures like this.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Reading that blog post, ffvii remake and tlou 2 will still be there so what's the problem?
It seems like the text of the blog post itself hasn't been updated beyond the italicized text at the top. I wouldn't assume TLOU 2 will be there, though since Square is still in attendance they'll likely have a FF VII remake demo of their own (this was at least the case at West).

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't see this being a big deal. I don't believe Sony was going to be showing off a ton of next gen games and so forth at PAX East. I think The Last of Us 2 is going to sell alright despite them not showing up, and everything else can be shown later on down the line.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta look out for your employees. Huge bummer for those still attending PAX East that we're hoping to see things like TLOU, but it's worth it.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
It's a global health emergency that has affected 15 people in the United States

We should cancel all gaming events to protect ourselves from the 5G.

The coronavirus is an extremely serious and horrible situation for older people in Hubei but the level of hype it's getting in the United States is just dumb.
Their concern here is not exactly them traveling to the US and getting the coronavirus from one of those 15 Americans sneezing on them.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
In light of this, I think they should release the TLOU2 demo to everybody.

All agreed?
There are a couple of problems with releasing a demo to the public, mainly stabillity and data mining that could end up spoiling the whole game, making sure its ready to release on PSN will take a lot of workforce they might need to finish the game.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who has been following the cruise ship docked in Japan, can see how the virus in a packed space seems to be very contagious and can get out of control very quickly. People would be flying in to Boston, and a lot of those from China. Disappointing but understandable.
No, there is a travel restriction from China

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I guess this means we can expect no PS5 reveal event anytime soon as well, since it would be the same situation.

Jan 29, 2018
Seems like some people in this thread only follow video game news. Nothing overblown about a precaution like this.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
There are a couple of problems with releasing a demo to the public, mainly stabillity and data mining that could end up spoiling the whole game, making sure its ready to release on PSN will take a lot of workforce they might need to finish the game.

PSN games never get datamined...

*remembers FFVII remaster demo*

Oh right, fair point.

ErazorRain

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a good move by Sony. Better be safe than sorrow.

Sony, MS and Nintendo should NEVER be blamed for taking safety measures due to a virus outbreak. If the Switch has shortages or PS5/Xbox SX will be delayed to 2021 or games being delayed because of the Virus, it's better for all of us. Let us not blame *any* of the companies for that. That would be unfair.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Seems strange to bitch about something you probably weren't going to be at. People need to lighten up, it's a serious thing and it's good on Sony to look out for their employees.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
While I understand the caution, Sony seems oddly bullish about it. It isn't like other mass gatherings in Boston are being cancelled due to the outbreak. Gaming conventions have a reputation for sure, but I don't think they're actually a hotter bed of germ activity than your average concert, sporting event, or other mass gathering.

I wonder if this is actually due to them relying upon a Chinese supplier for booth materials, which was impacted by said coronavirus. If they hit a supply issue, fixing it with local suppliers at last minute may negate the sales benefit of appearing at the show.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
The reason the virus didnt spread to the west is due to us, in the 21 century, being aware of it and controlling it with measures like this. It's not being "overreactionary", its calling using science and logic to optimize the situation. I hate this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.