• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 3, 2019
jesus, give it a fucking break
I mean it. The game is based on a GPL that I'm not sure you can profit on.

Wait, is this a SCP game??????
SCP: *exists*
Dev:
free.jpg

Hopefully they make good use of it, I'd hate if this was just a beat em up that happens to have a skip or two in it.

Last edited:

sheepysheep

Nov 19, 2018
Oooh these look interesting!! F.I.S.T. looks especially good.

jesus, give it a fucking break.

I don't use the term jank pejoratively. I think the gamee looks fine, but it's a very young industry given the near-total absence of consoles in the region until very very recently, and it's reasonable to expect a lack of polish that comes with the decades of experience that Japan/US devs have.

I'm sure I've played more Chinese games than most people here, anyway. Don't take it the wrong way.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So I'm curious, I'm sure these devs aren't owned by Playstation, but is there a good chance Sony is also doing this to shop around for talent for possible acquisitions? Or are there factors for Chinese devs that might preclude Sony buying them?

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
My heart sank when the gameplay perspective switched to 2.5D but F.I.S.T. still looks the most promising to me. EVOTINCTION looks nice but just a concept cinematic.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Really smart strategy. China is and will be a huge gaming market, dominated mostly by PC. Creating a bunch of studios to produce Chinese game will allow Playstation to penetrate the market more easily. I will not be surprised that most of these games end up being terrible and fail to sell, but this is a long term investment from Sony.

Oct 26, 2017
Like always, Sony tends to make the smartest long term decisions. Not all of them are exactly my cup of tea but I'm excited to see where they'll go from here

Really smart strategy. China is and will be a huge gaming market, dominated mostly by PC. Creating a bunch of studios to produce Chinese game will allow Playstation to penetrate the market more easily. I will not be surprised that most of these games end up being terrible and fail to sell, but this is a long term investment from Sony.
If they're marketed well and are genuinely good games, I can see them doing pretty well actually. None of them seem bad from these showings

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
So I'm curious, I'm sure these devs aren't owned by Playstation, but is there a good chance Sony is also doing this to shop around for talent for possible acquisitions? Or are there factors for Chinese devs that might preclude Sony buying them?

Even if they couldn't buy whole studios (which I don't know that they can't), there's nothing stopping them from hiring individual talent if there are standouts. Ultimately though, I would say Sony's main end game for this is not to buy up Chinese studios but to tap more into that market with their hardware.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
The environmental art in AI LIMIT is great, has a bit of that BLAME ruinous industrial architecture.
ANNO looks like it could've been a nice Vita release, cool style.

I'm liking these smaller Asian titles both here and on Steam, often derivative but with an experimental flair.

sheepysheep

Nov 19, 2018
I'd also assume that the development costs of these games are fairly modest compared to other big Sony exclusives. It'd likely be much easier to recoup development costs with good-not-great sales.

anyone else notice the straight-out-of-Eva scene in Anno?

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017

sheepysheep

Nov 19, 2018
The art style and inclusion of SCP in the Anno game is certainly inspired, though I wonder how they license something like that. FIST Looks really cool also. The rest is not my cup of tea, but these two look really good to me.

The girl waking up by the window scene? That was classic GITS: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0d/b3/6d/0db36dfb94f7733f98836773af899514.jpg

I was thinking the guy surrounded by the tablets is straight out of the Eva Seele scenes. But yeah seems like the trailer alone showed a lot of homages to other works, kinda neat.

SCP is under a Creative Commons Attribution license so seems like there's no real licensing involved, just attribution.

2b_miner

Mar 7, 2019
A
PlayStation China held a press conference in Beijing today to announce seven new games.
It's part of the China Hero Project which is an initiative to fund and publish Chinese developed games for PS4 in China and Globally.

It was confirmed that Immortal Legacy and Hardcore Mecha are planned for a 2019 release. Project Boundary will get a beta soon. Lost Soul Aside will get new info later in the year.

The new games announced were-
AI-LIMIT, an action RPG

This one looks has a serious Nier Automata vibe to it...

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, AI-LIMIT and ANNO: Mutantionem look awesome and F.I.S.T. looks great too. Evotinction sounds promising since I'd love more third person stealth when we see more with some actual gameplay. The art style looks very good in the CG.

In Nightmare looks pretty cool too. The main character's design with the bandages kinda reminded me a little bit of Okage: Shadow King.
Very nice art style for Convallaria, though I don't really play many online games so it's probably not for me.

I love that Sony is doing this. Those all look interesting in some way.
Yeah.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
AI Limit's world looks like taken straight from BLAME! manga.
Yeah I love it! It's kinda like BLAME! + some Nier Automata.

The girl's design and the whole deep labyrinth, and the color scheme for both, really gives that great BLAME! feel to it.

So good. As a big GITS fan, that was a really cool shot to intro the player character in the trailer.

Last edited: