Oct 25, 2017
Dnb5HSuU0AAIx3G.png

Dnb5H3PUwAA6a9L.jpg

Dnb5IcEU0AEasbK.jpg

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It better have Symphony of the Night or be easily hackable

Also why wouldn't you use analog controlllers?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With that said is although I feel nostalgia for it will be weird if they don't at least offer a way to have a dualshock for it.

Also the name could've been more creative I feel.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
As unoriginal as this is, it's super cool. I can imagine my shelf is filled with these functioning mini consoles.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've never really understood classic consoles. I'll just play my actual PS1 if I wanted to.

Though I do admit it's amazing that it has Suspend/Resume like PS4 and I like that it's all digital.

Can't you just buy the OG system and some of those games for under 100 bucks?

I don't think this is a good deal.
Well HDMI is a big plus these days, considering connecting a classic console to a modern TV will often be a headache.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I guess they thought analog sticks weren't that neccessary because not many PS1 games actually needed it?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Easy money, decent deal and homebrew may fix some potential shortcomings.

Rights issues may stop some classic titles and no DualShock will stop lots of game support though.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking ew, Sony.
No analog sticks for Ape Escape?
No Tomba! or Tomba! 2?
No Croc?
$100?
You even used the same branding scheme as Nintendo?

Lmao no.

saiko

Keeper of the White Materia
Nov 4, 2017
Whoa this came outta nowhere. MGS absolutely needs to be on there. Also SoTN, RE2, FF8 and 9 are my must-haves.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Neat I guess. Would rather just buy these on PS4 with resolution boosts. Does Sony sell PS1 games on PS4?

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Gran Turismo ain't showing up on here, licensing the cars alone will be a nightmare then you got the music (although, I can see it being swapped for the JP soundtrack)

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really should've gone with the slim PSOne design instead of the ugly grey. Also what a blatant ripoff of the NES/SNES classic this is.

Can't wait to get one.

Oct 25, 2017
No dualshock? Strange.

Anyway, good for the brand.

giphy.gif

I've never really understood classic consoles. I'll just play my actual PS1 if I wanted to.

Though I do admit it's amazing that it has Suspend/Resume like PS4 and I like that it's all digital.
Not everyone has a PS1 and this would definitely be in better condition and there's no need to worry about discs. That's the appeal.

Apr 21, 2018
It's hard to get too excited until I get some of the following:
Metal Gear Solid
SOTN
Resident Evil 1/2/3
Syphon Filter 1/2/3
Gran Turismo 1/2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Marvel Vs Capcom
Twister Metal 1/2/3
Parappa the Rapper
Silent Hill
Klonoa
Wipeout 2097
Jet Moto

I doubt we'll see Tomb Raider, Spyro, or Crash.

I don't, other than FF7, something seems off about this. The non-dual shock controls. The reliance on 3rd parties that probably won't fully materialize.

I honestly think I'd be far more excited for the PS2 mini, given Sony's 1st party output.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
So much for going to bed. Amazon get this thing up stat

I remember on GAF when we all were going wild for SNES Classic possibly going up for sale and every hour we reset the clock. It was a wild ride and I watched Top Gun until 3AM PST while we discussed Tom Cruises teeth being crooked

unitooth.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.