• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
All those games can't be compared to Overdrive considering that Overdrive is probably more well known to them, so through that it's successful
I seriously doubt sunset overdrive was that well known or hyped among the massive since it didn't sell well like titanfall or smaller games like ori
just like all other exclusives

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Sony, please make Sunset Overdrive 2. It will make the PS5 the best selling console of the past, present and future.

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like people expecting a sequel here are just setting themselves up for disappointment. Sony wouldn't spend millions (and one of the best studies) on an exclusive sequel to a game that wasn't even on PlayStation platforms.

If anything the most likely scenario is probably a PS5 version of the original game once the publishing rights from Microsoft expires. That is probably at least a year away, going by Alan Wake where it was 8 years.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
They've recently put out Miles Morales, Spidey Remastered, soon to be R&C Rift Apart, and Spidey 2 is highly likely in development. How on earth would they find the time to work on Sunset Overdrive?
Just like how they'll probably manage to squeeze out a PSVR 2 launch window title.

I don't think Sunset Overdrive is happening though.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
The only way we would get Sunset Overdrive 1 on PS5 would be if Insomniac rebuilt the game from top to bottom like Tecmo did for Ninja Gaiden Sigma to port it to other consoles. I'm assuming this trademark is for a sequel, but if it sells decent, might make a Sunset Overdrive Sigma then

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not really interested in the franchise tbh, but good for those who are if Sony eventually green lights a sequel.

Kydd BlaZe

Apr 17, 2018
Tried to get into Sunset Overdrive on numerous occasions throughout the years. I just never liked it. Hated the way it played. Even harder to get into it now without any enhancements (framerate/resolution boosts). But I'm happy for those that want a sequel if this turns out to be something. I would like to try one last time to see what all the fuss was about, if this is a remaster/enhanced version of the first game.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I never got the chance to play the original, but would absolutely play a remake or sequel if given the opportunity.

Obscure

Oct 27, 2017
The original is downright the best Xbox exclusive of the past gen, I'll gladly take a PS5 port with Dual Sense support.