• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
a-05145708568348.jpg

Also reported by a brazillian site: https://www.voxel.com.br/noticias/ps-now-aparece-psn-brasileira-levanta-rumores-vinda-servico_849818.htm

Can't imagine it'll be for Streaming, but I'd be happy with a download service at least.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
Well, they've been working on expanding the service through azure and we know streaming is a big focus from one of the conference they had last year about next gen.

I expect more news will trickle out as we shift.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
The report on the site:

Despite appearing to many people, some users believe that this could be a translated ad for anyone using PSN US accounts or other regions. However, in any case, we have an advertisement 100% translated to PT-BR and this may be an indication that the PS Now service will soon land in Brazil. In the case of our collaborator Niemerson, the account in which the banner appeared was the American one.

There are a lot of people in Brazil creating American accounts to be able to use PS Now (mainly downloads because streaming is unplayable since the servers are in the US)

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'm not hypeing it, it may be just translations to match the UI. But Sony, please...
The report on the site:

There are a lot of people in Brazil creating American accounts to be able to use PS Now (mainly downloads because streaming is unplayable since the servers are in the US)
I don't think that's something Sony does? I have my PS4 set in Spanish and in my American account the ads are in English

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this might not mean anything. It doesnt show me the ad on my brazilian account, only on my american account.

the translation to portuguese could just be because the service is available in portugal

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's really good!

Probably announcement tomorrow during SoP?

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this might not mean anything. It doesnt show me the ad on my brazilian account, only on my american account.

the translation to portuguese could just be because the service is available in portugal
Maybe, but Portugal Portuguese is quite different from ours.

I think I'd be able to tell the difference.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I don't think it's happening. The wording here seems rather in line with the PT-PT translation of the PS Now site. I could be wrong, since the banner doesn't have one of those words that easily differ PT-PT from PT-BR.

www.playstation.com

PlayStation®Plus | Hundreds of games to download and play, PlayStation classics, game trials and more

Join PlayStation Plus on an Essential, Extra or Premium membership plan and get hundreds of PS4 and PS5 games, online multiplayer, classics catalog, exclusive discounts and more.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
This case has to close, open for the every PSN region Sony. Tons of people wants to use your system.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Are the PSNOW servers tied to the account, or does it just connect to the nearest one? Pretty much everyone I know from my country including me has a US account because it makes everything so much easier, so it'd be a shame for it to launch in the Middle East and have it be tied to the garbage ME accounts.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Aí sim!

I missed out on some PS3 games and my console is broken, would love to try them now.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I know they said no business announcements at tomorrow's SoP but that's probably referring to PS5 and everything surrounding that. Maybe we'll hear more about this tomorrow?